• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Rare cloth hues.....

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
hi just wondering if anyone has a link or knows what hues (colours) are obtainable for cloth, iv seen people selling "zog" cloth as its a rare green and "evil mage" "invun blue" and "pure white" could anyone enlighten me on what colours are obtainable and from where/when or if they still are obtainable.

thanks for your help in advance, i have a couple of cloth i dont know were from or if its rare colour as iv tried to match it with a dye tube and failed to match it.

K

kray2s

there was a rare white cloth that was available - it was obtained from a making cloth from some spidersilk picked up as part of a quest. I cant remember which quest it was but the bug has been fixed as far as i am aware so it is rare to find!!

The only prob u may find tho is trying to tell this white cloth apart from cloth thats been dyed with pigments of tokuno (luna white)

Also recently on one of the asian shards there was an event where players were able to obtain certain "more unique" colours of cloth - there was an invuln blue and a type of green and if memory serves a couple more colours too including a purple hue.

Thing is i couldnt tell you how many of these bolts there were - however, what i can tell you is i have seen a lot for sale on almost every shard going.

A good person to get an opinion from or at least more detail on the asian event colours would be from Kaj - he often lingers in these forums and has certainly (at least to me) proved very veryhelpfull and is a nice guy to boot:p

however im sure there are other just as reliable people here too :p

K

kray2s

just as a side thought

the colour you got may not be from a dye tub but maybe it is from the reward cloth given to completing a tailor bod?

CapN

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Zog cloth is, and has always been, a complete scam. There is no such legitimate item but people who want to profit from it will tell you elaborate stories why it is. Pretty much any drab green is called Zog, and you can get it ALL from npc vendors and from npc clothing if you search a while.

2. Evil Mage is most often considered as hue #1109. Before factions existed colors 10-6-1107-1108-1109 only existed from the robes of named evil mages. When factions arrived EA took the color 1107-1108-and 1109 away from evil mage robes, leaving them with todays hue 1106 only. It is the same exact color as tokuno shadow dancer pigments, and also came to exist in much larger quantites through a quest bug similar to the white cloth one. There are many players with 100s if not 1000s of bolts of 1109 stowed away.

3. Invulnerability blue in clothing existed only as AOS reward clothing before the recent asian shards created slimes that operated as dye tubs. There now are hundreds of players with 1000s of bolts in this color.

4. pure white came about last year as another quest bug exploit but has a small degree of legitimacy in that EA deliberately allowed it to continue for a short while after knowledge was public. Again, there are many many players with 100s if not 1000s of bolts of this color stashed away.

If you want REAL rare cloth- at server birth on servers that existe before AOS, the occlo tailor shop (i think it was occlo) spawned a very few yards of 'star cloth, just enough to make one shirt per server.

Every color of tokuno dye can be turned into usable cloth by using them on 'green' labeled clothing then cutting the clothes.

simonovsk

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That sounds like a very knowledgeable answer, but what does the star cloth look like? Anyone got a pic?

G

Green Destiny

star cloth is the same hue as the black and green speckled eggs right?

I

Inspector

If I remember right it had speckles of green, blue and maybe red, I looked for a picture but couldn't find one.

Faith

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those 2 clothes in your picture are cut up robes/doublets from Melissa.

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Those 2 clothes in your picture are cut up robes/doublets from Melissa.
Which are both 100% BoD reward cloth hues, as i have cut some up and they stacked with some of my reward cloth.