• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Raptor vs. Bear

S

smeagolsees

I am a lvl 27 hunter (revived him over the weekend) and i have had the idea that bears are the ideal pet to tank.

But in the past few days i have heard that raptors are also great tanks. This is what i have compiled:

Bear= armour-medium; health-good; damage-low

Raptor= armour- medium; health-low(to medium); damage-medium

Which would be better to keep the aggro off me? Or be better for a Marksman specced hunter? Advice?

G

I like all-around pets most. I have Hyena and it can tank me nicely up to +4 level mobs, I like wolfs too, they keep aggro well. Cats are good too but they do die faster, better for PvP.

G

Well I have 3 pets all lvl 36

Bat - Great for some areas sick on high flying mob's set to passive and it brings them down to your lvl so you can kill and loot. 1 drawback the damn wings are a pita
wouldn't take him on group hunts.

Cat - all round good but dosn't last long when attacked by more than 1 mob. good speed when charging a mob.

Raptor - This is my best all round pet good for groups can dich out good damage and take it.

G

Ive just began playing im lvl 16 with a lvl 15 cat havent had a change to try out anyhting else yet

M

MordSnow

I have used mainly cat's. I want a good pet for pvp, couple of my friends have suggested turtles and scorpions. I wanna know what others think.

A

Akanah

I have used a cat sicne I first tamed one. Never liked anything else.

My cats are with me all through Molten Core...

If you train them well, any pet will work well for you, but remember, they are NOT tanks.