• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rank the top 5 things you need to be looked at in UO

G

1 PVP. Still is to much of item depended and serten skill setups are to good compered to others.

2 T-hunting and fishing. Nedd to get a real bump to come in par whit rest of UO.

3 Faction. Faction is a wery good thought, but it is still designed for a old system.

4 Thieves. Do i need to say any thing?

5 Crafting. Needs a total redo. Crafters craft and hunters provides whit resources. This is how it should work.

I

imported_Farsight

1. PvP - not because of any balance issue, but because PvP always needs to be tinkered with.

2. Cheating - again, even if they just did something huge, it's a constant issue

3. Loot levels - To continue what they've done with the BoS changes etc, they need to universally drop the gold loot on everything and increase the item loot quality (perhaps while reducing the quantity).

4. Unused resources - for example, you can run from wrong to south of Trinsic and not see a single other player (but lots of houses) on any given day. They need to do something to make use of the land, especially in the cities.

5. Everything else. There are more than 5 things that should be looked at. And quite frankly, I'd bet that they're looking at at least 3 of my 4 right now. Well, maybe not right now, since it's early on a Sunday, but when they are working, they're working on PvP, cheaters and I would guess (they've left hints around here) an interest program.

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) Speed hacking.

2) Illegal Third Party Programs and client hacks.

3) PvM is WAAAY to easy. A sw/tamer can solo about everything in the game with a greater dragon.

4) The UO:KR client still doesn't have asignable mouse key/wheel mouse support. (just add an option that says [wheel mouse up: last target, wheel mouse down: target self]). I cant play the UO:KR client without these features because I pvp with a mage.

5) 2d world art fixes never happened after UO:KR went live.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. Cheating

2. PvP depends too heavily on items and billion PvP suits.

3. Factions

4. Pure mage templates arent really PvP viable (in terms of offensive power and defense) as other templates (e.g 2 hit kill archers [another example of item pvp]) unless the mage also pick up necromancy and use an item that grants 120 free skill points (again, item pvp)

5. Unused lands, legacy houses that dont decay, and possibly allow 2nd house on the same account since multi-shard play is so common rightnow.

E

eolsunder1

1) has been and always will be problems with the game that arent fixed or even looked at, I.E. bugs and glitches. These affect everyone so should be first on the list. Text bugs, graphic bugs, movement bugs, etc. The list is incredible.

2) Old or non functioning game mechanics. Uneven zoo donations, uneven museum/brit donations, nonfunctioning or malfunctioning ML items, quests, etc. At least recently some of the items have been worked on (Smithing bods, ML bows, etc) but really YEARS late? Thats pathetic.

3) Worthless or valueless areas that could be made fun with simple changes. Adding minor Tokumo drops to the tokumo champ spawn, adding incentives for other champ/boss spawns (minotaurs, bedlam, fel and illshenar champs), etc. Since most people plain in trammel and PvM, this is more important than PvP.

4) Crafting overhall. The entire system needs revamping other than simply adjusting the bod spawn rate and hammer properties. They need to have it so items can be made by craftsmen, who at high levels can affect properties with rare runics/items, and many other things. Crafting is a huge part of the game and everyone has their fun crafters which have become backend support characters, not main characters.

5) PvP. Since less people do the fel pvp thing i leave this for last. Of course, if fixed nice more people would do it. Factions is a dead horse and hasn't been touched for half a decade. And because of this you wonder why people don't pvp and do fel much anymore? When my age old smith can be killed INTOWN now by reds faster than he can hit the "guards guards" key, kinda shows you why I don't do fel anymore. Vast power gap.

I

imported_Heartseeker

1) New Content

2) Make Pvp fun again

3) Make crafting useful again (get rid of ML ingredients)

4) Redo all Dungeons

5) Bring back stat loss for Reds

B

BadManiac

1. Loot, peerless spawning 200 +1 dex rings. Everything should spawn fewer but better items. Make all creatures spawn useful loot for their "level" of difficulty. Let a dragon spawn loot items worth usign for a character powerful enough to kill dragons, and so on. The tougher the creature, the better the loot, not the MORE loot. A thousand crap items does not equal high end loot.

2. Enhancing, all enhancement systems should work uniformly, all materials should give a specific mod, like wood currently does, metal and cloth should work the same. And all non arty items should be enhancable, including hats and instruments.

3. Reptalon, my own favourite problem, they seriously need looking at, but noone bothered when we had Cu's, and now even less with greater dragons. And in relation to that all pets should be pulled through a huge balance pass, greater dragons are fine, now what about regular dragons?

4. Remove Felucca from all production shards, give everyone a limited time free one way char transfer to a Fel only shard. Give the fel only shards their own dedicated part of the dev team, and the top PvP'ers in QA, to allow for PvP balancing and bug fixing to be nearly instantaneous, and completely separate from the rest of UO.

5. Fix skillgain, make all skills worth using before maxed, make it fun to train skills in UO. Make skills questable from 0-120, make accellerated skillgain possible, like buyable alacrity scrolls, it's the perfect goldsink.

angelus aconitum

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. A classic shard.

2. Fix the world in 2d. There are still roads and areas with the same tile all over the road. That's really annoying to look at ! UO is 2d and KR is an addition in my opinion. 2d is still the number 1 client for the vast majority and you will fail in forcing us to adapt something we do not like. So do not waste too much of time on KR and do also something for the 2d client.

3. More Quests like the Collectors Quest and the ability to do these Quests also on Siege Perilous. The Collectors Quest is still not up here !!!

4. Crafting ! Improvements to tinker made weapons like the cleaver. And improve the magic jewels. Currently they are really not worth anything.
The current changes to runics and gathering resources are great and I think they will be doing a good work with crafting this year.

5. Housing: Make it so that we can place our items in our house at which pixel we ever want. I heard that it should be possible to make the housing tool not only raising and lowering items up and down, but also moving items to the left, to the right, ......

G

<blockquote><hr>

3) PvM is WAAAY to easy. A sw/tamer can solo about everything in the game with a greater dragon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could already do that with a Cu....what's changed?

G

1. Cheating

2. Itemization

3. Skill Balance

4. Risk vs Reward

5. Housing (customizable or even partly customizable keeps/castles)

G

<font color="blue"> Bring Back Event Moderators </font>

1. Duping and exploits need to be fixed or nerfed, make all rares available to everyone thru in game mechanics.

2. Crafting to include magical properties on hats and footwear.

3. Fishing needs more content.

4. Luck needs canned, I don't even think it works.

5. Fix the word censorship, to allow certain names and titles to be allowed.

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

1)The over documentation of absoloutely everything on sites like this. Right down to formulas used in calculations. (It's suposed to be a game not a math lesson) This also means anytime they add new content we usually know about it and are prepared months in advance.

I include in that the removal of Uhall, which hosts negative advertising for the game. (every few posts someone is saying 'UO needs addressed!') Aside from the irritating way they say 'needs addressed' instead of 'needs to be addressed' or 'needs addressing' it needs neither.

2)The majority of the land and sea in UO is wasted space (on all facets). Personally I'd like to see the opposing groups on the slayer list (other than terrathons &amp; ophids) actually fight each other. So that when there are invasions you get two groups at once and IF their opposing they fight each other, this would take the damage focus off the player so they can fight from the middle of the invasion rather than the sides. I'd also like to see some event/story that makes overland spawn random and plentiful, when your in a high up snowy area it should make sense to see a White Wyrm land there (or spawn there).
Also make invasions mid-high level, currently you get 10,000 snakes, 100 ophids and 1 dragon - result: you get chipped to death by 10,000 snakes doing 1 damage while trying to kill the dragon. Make it more like 25 ophids, 25 dragons, 5 ancient/shadow wyrms (depending on size of the area)

3)Many bug fixes, it seems a lot of the ones that get fixed are minor compared with ones that can affect a lot of people. Such as provoke area peacing everyone. There are certain web sites that have over 1000 pages of bugs many of which still work.

4)Faster action taken on duping.

5)PVP - leave it alone, champ spawns - leave them alone, factions - remove penaltys and add incentives even if they are just visual. Oh... &amp; non fel champ spawns add alacrity scrolls.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How to keep remaining Veteran Players ingame?
How get players back, who left?
How get new players start and stay?

G

1. story arcs: even if its just words with no events - not to make the game linear, but rather to provide a trickle of ideas for the imagination and give us a reason to break out of the min/max mindset that we have to get as much loot as fast as possible to "win"

2. low-end play: most people on stratics have been playing for long enough that we've forgotten how steep a learning curve there is for UO. New Haven is a lot of fun for a starting character and I'd like to see a few more areas/dungeons set up with a low-end feel to them for new players - perhaps centered around the various towns that currently don't get used very much.

3. find a reason for low-end PvP (I don't know how to create it, I'm not looking to play it and want to remain true to the open "everyone interacts with everyone" feel of UO, but I think the current dynamic of the game isn't entirely healthy where people who come in wanting to play PvP have to max out skills and equipment before they start to play)

4. remove "dead ends" from the economy: I feel every item in the game should be either consumable, recyclable or donatable to some quest/collection.

5. learn from the scripters: one thing scripters do give us is an insight into what parts of the game are too efficient or too tedious. Sometimes a nerf is needed, sometimes the subgame needs to be looked at to make doing it more fun, sometimes a system just needs a little surprise.

G

The new quests for beginers is a great thought and should go on as your skills grows. it should be posible to quest all the way up to gm in skills.

I

imported_WildStar

<blockquote><hr>

4. Remove Felucca from all production shards, give everyone a limited time free one way char transfer to a Fel only shard. Give the fel only shards their own dedicated part of the dev team, and the top PvP'ers in QA, to allow for PvP balancing and bug fixing to be nearly instantaneous, and completely separate from the rest of UO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sorry but I have to disagree with you on this one.

Not everyone who lives in Felucca PvPs. The player-run city I am a part of is located on Felucca. If this change were to happened, 2 player-run cities on my shard would be serevely impaired, along with alot of history being destroyed. The other city (Avalon) has several GM blessed buildings and locations. There is also another GM blessed building that would be gone belonging to Mage Tower. Both cities were placed when you could own more then one house per account, so moving the entire city would be impossible and very expensive.

WildStar
Grand Duchess
Kingdom of Dawn
Baja

G

1. New PvP content

2. New PvP content

3. New PvP content

4. New PvP content

5. New PvP content

Im so tired of yew/despise!

I

imported_Insta

<blockquote><hr>

1. Cheating

2. PvP depends too heavily on items and billion PvP suits.

3. Factions

4. Pure mage templates arent really PvP viable (in terms of offensive power and defense) as other templates (e.g 2 hit kill archers [another example of item pvp]) unless the mage also pick up necromancy and use an item that grants 120 free skill points (again, item pvp)

5. Unused lands, legacy houses that dont decay, and possibly allow 2nd house on the same account since multi-shard play is so common rightnow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I pick his top 5 too!

Arcus

Grand Poobah
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ha ha . You are funny.First you say this..

<blockquote><hr>

I include in that the removal of Uhall, which hosts negative advertising for the game. (every few posts someone is saying 'UO needs addressed!') Aside from the irritating way they say 'needs addressed' instead of 'needs to be addressed' or 'needs addressing' it needs neither.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you go on to what? List things that need to be addressed...hahahah.

<blockquote><hr>

2)The majority of the land and sea in UO is wasted space (on all facets). Personally I'd like to see the opposing groups on the slayer list (other than terrathons &amp; ophids) actually fight each other. So that when there are invasions you get two groups at once and IF their opposing they fight each other, this would take the damage focus off the player so they can fight from the middle of the invasion rather than the sides. I'd also like to see some event/story that makes overland spawn random and plentiful, when your in a high up snowy area it should make sense to see a White Wyrm land there (or spawn there).
Also make invasions mid-high level, currently you get 10,000 snakes, 100 ophids and 1 dragon - result: you get chipped to death by 10,000 snakes doing 1 damage while trying to kill the dragon. Make it more like 25 ophids, 25 dragons, 5 ancient/shadow wyrms (depending on size of the area)

3)Many bug fixes, it seems a lot of the ones that get fixed are minor compared with ones that can affect a lot of people. Such as provoke area peacing everyone. There are certain web sites that have over 1000 pages of bugs many of which still work.

4)Faster action taken on duping.

5)PVP - leave it alone, champ spawns - leave them alone, factions - remove penaltys and add incentives even if they are just visual. Oh... &amp; non fel champ spawns add alacrity scrolls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pot meet kettle? Oh yea....

G

<blockquote><hr>

1 PVP. Still is to much of item depended and serten skill setups are to good compered to others.

2 T-hunting and fishing. Nedd to get a real bump to come in par whit rest of UO.

3 Faction. Faction is a wery good thought, but it is still designed for a old system.

4 Thieves. Do i need to say any thing?

5 Crafting. Needs a total redo. Crafters craft and hunters provides whit resources. This is how it should work.

[/ QUOTE ]

1: PvP still alot of balance issues ranging from Items to temps to trapped boxes to skills. Fix- Hold a PvP tourney on every shard, divided by classes eg: mage,dexer,hybreed/gimp offer prizes of a balanced nature and and take the top 4 from every class on every shard and allow them into a fourm to discuss balance tweeks.

2: 3rd party apps- Fix im not sure about hasnt been fixed in all these years I dont now how it can be fixed now aside of suing the creators of said apps.

3: Bugs/exploits- Fix: a better bug reporting system something that sends back every action, tile coords, every detail of the accounts activity for the last 30 mins maby?

4: PvM- Since AOS has been way too easy most PvPers (that I know anyway) PvP cause its the only challenge remaining in the game even any of the new mobs are easy to figure out and dispatch quickly. Some creatures need to be 3-5x stronger and offer better loot.

5: The legacy interface option in KR

5:

K

kennykilleduo

1) New Content : That isn't to easy

2) Make Pvp/ Factions fun again

3) Make crafting useful again , less items based though

4) Redo all Dungeons , add to Kalhdun or finish it.

5) Market presence ( interesting note though , I have seen 9th anni show up in 3 of 4 store in my area )

6: For Sarcasm : The dev to look at this and listen to us...

F

frankieowns

1) Cheats

2) advertising, publicity

3) advertising, publicity

4) advertising, publicity

5) advertising, publicity

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

<blockquote><hr>

Pot meet kettle? Oh yea....

[/ QUOTE ]

When in Rome...

lol

Anyway what I mean is, Uhall is full of people acting like UO is on the verge of collapse and they usually base it on something completely vauge. (like they got pk'd by a speedhacker or something) It can't exactly attract new players or returning players when Uhall is full of negativity.

The things I listed don't NEED to be addressed, it'd just be nice if they were. It's not like the game is unplayable without them being addressed.

My fault for not explaining what I meant by people saying 'needs addressed!' properly.

G

Oh why limit to 5???

I think the top 5 I can think of would be:

1. Remember the roots, EM, Seers, Councilors. People LONG for those days. I think you have forgotten that UO is very much geared to Role-play... IT needs to be kept flexable... and let the people of the lands do more with that creative flair ..... Give us back folk who are dedicated to making each shard Unique ... with decore and events.....

2. Much as I hate to say it ..... balance out PvP and make it more fun and exciting... a battle should last more than 30 seconds. As far as tram goes I'd like to see a unique arena built where you can challenge someone to a fight without having to go to Fel, Without having to join a warring guild or any guild, and where there is no looting but you can engage another opponent 1 vs 1. Or even up to 10 vs 10... That could be a bunch of fun. Skill on Skill no chance of other folk entering the arena until the challengers are done...

3. Put an end to the rampant duping and scripting. But don't kill the game by making skills so extreamely tedious boring and difficult to gain... BALANCE here is the key. Too easy is NEVER good, but at the same time too difficult or just plain unrewarding and well ... folk get frustrated and give up. And keep in mind that folk like to have a reason for doing things... they like to be rewarded for hard work and effort.... so don't destroy the gathering of goods to supply demand just to end scripting.... Making it too difficult for the average joe will only cause frustration... and lead to declining subscribers... not good for any of us!

4. FIX the T-maps and fishing along with champ spawns(in and out of fel) making the over and upgrading them keeping in mind #3 about not making things either too easy or too difficult and keeping them interested through proper reward for efforts.

5. Factions, Theives, and the lost art of role-play..... all need attention. I keep thinking that if you made a shard dedicated to Role-play.. One where the "players" were the shard..... Zero NPC's... NO Vendors..... Where wine is grown and made sold by players, cloth is spun and crafted into clothes and leathers are gathered and crafted, blacksmiths work and repair, miners dig up ore and smelt it to sell directly to smiths... THAT kind of Shard!... I for one would move to such a place in a heartbeat..... but don't stop there create special shards for all sorts of game styles.... for PvM.... PvP.... Even give folk that pre-Ren shard...... or at the very least a Pre-AoS shard... keep a few like there are keep Siege.. and see where the people move to.... You might be surprised.

5% Luck

New content. Magicina was very exciting. An ongoing plot with major "world" consequences that resolve them selves over time. WHile very RP based in nature these "plots" should produce new items in limited amounts.

Crafting has been very good as of late. With the new changes to runic kits/hammers crafting has been very good. But as a uo assist player and a part of the non KR masses we need to look at the major differences in the KR crafting as opposed to the uoassist macro based options in crafting. They should be evened out or even simplified with game mechanics. ie: make 10

Resource distribution. When Im saying keeping up with the proper resources is hard Im saying I havent been able to manage my ingnot/leather/wood needs properly at all with out resorting to "buying" them. As a crafter I need certain items at certain times and I feel that 90% of the time I need something in a required space of time I am handing my gold to an exploiter or hoarder. These crafting based resouces should be easy to obtain if not just plain abundant. Rare resources were introduced with ML IE: blight/taint ect. These items are in their rightful places as rare and maybe should be added to the crafting needs of these plain items just to make you happy. But, as for regular resources, they should be fully obtainable and easily managed and stored

Pets and stable slots. While adding more stable slots for a tamer may not be viable with current hardware, adding an extra "bonded" packhorse to my crafter or NON tamer chars Is IMHO necessary. On a smith char I have the option of 1 fire beetle or one blue beetle and can only use one or the other at any one time. Where is it stated that I need the ability to gate on a "exstreamly crammed" crafting template. This is nonsense.

On to the tamer side of this issue. Ridable pets with High followers and control requirements would be a nice option. Now I know the tamer has been priority one around here for some time but, this seems to be unbalanced. We simply need more ridable pets for skilled tamers.

Vet status. Now I know veteran status is a long held tradition in this game but, to me, a 98 month vet, The thought of starting a new account with out my veteran rewards and skill cap boost is abdominal. I have started a new account recently and I find myself constantly revising my plans over the simplest 20 skill points or vet reward items that I can't use with my new chars.

Its plain that the vets we have now are staying but any new players will always get turned off by such a Huge dispairancy in player power. This should be revised. Just to be through o with this I dont mind getting free items for "time severed" but limiting my chars to not even being able to use these items is ridicules! I mean vet tubs ethy statues robes and cloaks and others! We need full usage of skills and rewards for new accounts to be viable!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1) More fixes on KR client.

2) Crafting

3) T-Hunting and Fishing

4) Monsters Loot

5) The Zoo Collection!

R

Return2UO

Apart from the stuff in my signature.

01) Freeze housing on the Fel facet and then remap the land to have different cities and dungeons, Then unfreeze the housing. The game looks stupid to new players having two facets with the same maps. Make traveling to the new cities worth while and unable to do with recall runes.

02) NPCs selling all the UO deco's such as potted plants and deco heritage items.

03) Set a max space for housing per account and allow as many houses to be placed to meet that limit. That might be 1 keep or 20 7x7's

04) Content doesn't just mean more pixel crack that add to the item database. Give us content we can use like invasions and the like.

I

imported_Sip-n-Shine

1 Cheats

2 PVP

3 Factions

4 Thieves

5 Bring back statloss for Murders

I

imported_ParadoxUO

I LIKE UO THE WAY IT IS!

Apart from the cheating/scripting/3rd party that could be slightly countered by our Devs if they added a small patch everyday...
I did some research and it might not remove the cheating but it would make it very annoying to patch it on a daily basis.

Thank You.

T

truppebob

1) Equal pay for equal play...EG: Gold value received in drops or resale of goods from mining, smithing, tailoring, etc for one hour of play should be equal. For the last few years, performing a trade function without spending millions on high end runics has returned little or no value compared to PVM.
2) Armour, weapons, and jewelry never break. There should have a break percentage chance when in use. Broken pieces can only be sold to a NPC for it's armour piece value based on it's attributes. (EG: A tailor made piece that breaks is sold for 50gp, a 60 resist 130 luck, 19 lrc piece would be sold to the npc vendor for 500k, an artifact (taskmaster) would be sold to the NPC for 1 million). This would bring back crafting and reduce the rediculous amount of goods on the shards.
3) Pets never die. There should be a random chance when a pet gets hit that it will go wild. The tamer then can recall to a safe place if the pet is bonded or right where they are not and try to retame. If the retame fails 3 times the pet reverts to wild status (like a new spawn).
4) Barding ... a bard should be able to pacify any creatue or player. If the bard action fails on a target, the target should agressively pursue ( as in paragon pusuit ) the bard until the barding is sucessful or the bard is out of range. Player barding needs a lot of thought, which obviously over 6 years has not happened.
5) Houses never decay. Natural events, snow, lightning, forest fires, earth quakes should damage houses. The owner has time to repair at a cost, the house damage. If not repaired before another natural destaster (random event), the house will fall, leaving the moving crate with it's contents in the owners bank.

Come on guys, these are simple comcepts that pull gold and items out of the system and equalize game play.

As to scripting for resources. If a character has a resource skill in his template, do not allow a recall in or out of a resource area. The "recall to" is to the resource, but five steps away. The "recall from" ... you have to move 5 steps to recall...and movement for miners, lumberjacks is slower based on weight (combined weight of character and accompaning pack animals).

As to PVP, it's easy to calculate based on char skills and armour/weapon value a PVP value. A low PVP value character will never inflict any damage on a high level PVP char. When a high level PVP char kills a char with PVP level 10 points below their PVP level, that character receives a negative PVP bad kill value that reduces (one bad kill per day) and has a 10 point negative effect on their PVP value making them easier to kill. Characters with equal (within 10 ponts) PVP values who combat do 1/10th the normal damage per attack. This removes the instant kill and makes the battle last for several minutes. This concept is not rocket sience and does not take a ton of programming logic, so think about it please. I no longer PVP because of the instant kills, even though I do enjoy a good fair fight. And I do travel through fel a lot and do kill PK'ers a lot, but only when they get in my way!

The dev team has many times stated that there is too much gold and too many items. Why are simple ideas like these not implemented? In the last several years, the new releases have just increased the quantity of gold and items flowing into the system (the new doom system, the paragons unreal drops for 6 weeks flooded the system with unbelievable items, the swoop and peerless again flooded the system with items that never break or go away).

Please remove your visors, expand your view, quit focusing on the little things and see the big picture.

T

truppebob

Some very good points here. I would suggest you add more ideas on how to improve the system. I agree a lot of skills like thief and fisherman have become useless. Stealth is mainly a scripting or PVP skill and why do we even have meditation any more? As to skill gains, the thing everyone wants, why do we never encounter a skill decrease. There could be special chests, with a chance to gain a good item, a skill gain of a full point but opening the chest also has a chance to lose one full point on a random skill that youhave over 50% in your profile. If you attempt to defeat a peerless, a doom boss, or an event monster and die, there should be a random chance you will lose one skill point on your highest or random skill. The high rewards with no risk system in place today is just down right silly, so make suggestions please and lots of them because over the last 10 years the suggestions implemented have been degrading the game and going against what the dev team has stated are their objectives to improve the game. Smiles.