• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ranger of the Abyss quest

• Thread starter UODevTracker
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Mark_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Official information is going up in a few moments. The quest started yesterday so there are actually 2 nodes that you can find today (you can do the quest once for each node, one node appears per day till the housing plot is revealed.)

C

Cal_Mythic

It would be nice if Cal or someone from the UO team would confirm that there's no point in doing this quest if you don't want to get involved with trying to get a house in the Stygian Abyss. I think he made a comment about two weeks ago asking people who didn't want a house to avoid doing the quest so the people who do want to do it have a better chance of completing it. (http://vboards.stratics.com/showpost.php?p=1652959&postcount=10)

Can anyone confirm yet that the only thing this quest seems to do is somehow put your account into consideration for SA housing? Or is it still too soon after the publish for anyone to have this information? (I'm not planning to do the quest if its only purpose is to qualify for a house in the Abyss. I'm too close to letting the ones I already have fall down.)
Hey, Tina. I have not looked at the bottom of this thread ... but no you don't HAVE to do this quest. And even if you do do it it does not impact the probability of others not being able to win a house. The first part of the quest gets you into the contest .. but you can continue or not. We were very careful to make sure there is both time to participate ... AND this was tested to make sure this is NOT first come first serve.

You can participate just for the items along the way. Also, if you win the house you don't have to accept the plot immediately. It takes actual interaction from the devs to grant the housing plot. The server will send us a notification. So even if you win, if you do not wish to get the deed you have the opportunity to get in touch with us or you can sell the deed to someone else and the dev will unlock the plot for that person.

I hope this answers the question ... Apologies if this is too late ... been a bit busy today .. And yes .. you can RECALL to the house in the Abyss. It is an outpost after all.

Mark_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I certainly hope I can go back and claim my reward for the first day even though i've already accepted the quest for the second day. >.<
I'm pretty sure you can. However, Geoffrey and Uskadesh won't remember that they owe you 2 prizes. So, get your first prize before you finish the quest again.

C

Cal_Mythic

Thank you, Cal. I don't think I'll be doing the quests that tie into the Abyss Housing. I'm close to just letting my subscriptions run out so I can take a much-needed break from UO for a while. I'm trying to clean up some houses and finish some skills first before I do so to make it easier to come back if that makes sense in the future. Spring is finally here in Colorado and summer's not far behind. I'm starting a new job soon. And those grandkids are growing up and it's a joy to be outside and doing stuff with them, even if it's something as mundane as planting flowers and looking for lady bugs or learning to ride a tricycle or a bike.
You need to put "sweet spoiler alert" on your posts ...

Mark_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, we're in part 3 now.

This one you can do once per day and you can no longer do part 2. This is the part when people will start winning the house deed. At the end of the quest, win or lose, you get an item from the war chest as in part 2.

Good luck!

Mesanna will be putting up the foundation at the spots that you all found on Sunday. It will not affect your ability to finish the quest, it is just to show "progress" of the royal architects... as well as very obviously mark the spot. Don't be surprised when you see the house is currently owned by Mesanna.

If you win, Mesanna will transfer ownership to the house to you (or whoever you sell the winning ticket to). Mesanna will give the winning ticket back to you as a keepsake (after she cancels it, of course).

This house will follow normal rules of house ownership, so you will need to sell your existing house (if you have one) before you receive the prize house.

Mark_Mythic

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First off, and I want this to be very clear... You can start today!

You just need to do Part 1 and then Part 3. I realized that might look a little wierd if you just showed up today and got started, but that's how it works.

As the winners come in, they will be posted on uoherald.com. Basically, the shard will send someone in the studio an email... don't worry, it's not the same person who dropped the ball on announcing the beginning of the event (For what it's worth, it wasn't James, nor Cal, nor Bonnie, nor myself who dropped that ball. Don't ask me who, I don't need to get that worked up again.)

Anyway... the event ends when someone wins. If someone wins while you are in the middle of the quest you can still finish it and get your war chest item.

The name on the herald will be the one that won, regardless if they sell the ticket.

Once per day is at server up.