• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ranger of the Abyss quest

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry if there's a post saying this (which there probably is, and more than one, that I just somehow missed when I scanned the thread).

I'm sure most others already knew this, but for others like me who were confused...It appears to be one planting allowed, per character, per Virtue area (whatever they're called...I forget...Node? Leyline? Something).

I had screwed it up badly and thought it meant that you could repeat every area, and get the new area to boot, once per day per character.

Sorry to anyone I misled.

-Galen's player
Yes you can plant in one area only once per character, A new area is created each day.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Per character.

Today is the 3rd day so there are 3 nodes per character that you can have a reward from.

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Per character.

Today is the 3rd day so there are 3 nodes per character that you can have a reward from.
Oh! I thought it was per account! Thanks lord God! You saved me some waiting time! I know where all the nodes are on my shard, I just didn't know it was multi-character!

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Also, you still have to do the first part of the quest on each character. (Can't just pass the lantern around.)

However, you don't have to gather the items on that character, other than the silver sappling seed (on the human quest) which is on a 24 hour timer anyway. So you have to run down there for that, and again for each node.

You can repeat part one on your strongest character and farm orbs by removing it from your pack, bag of sending, giant beetle, hold it on cursor and last object macro etc etc. Or for the gargoyle quest that needs cherry blossom holding that on cursor and running towards it again will let more appear in your pack as well as the other means.

Atlantic reverted so I had to redo 6 characters x 3 nodes. Yesterday I had 2 Cloaks out of 12 nodes, today I have 0 out of 18, yay for reverts.

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But what about the eggs? They would have to be gained per character too and they expire.

Not to mention I spent 2 hours trying to get one and nothing.

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But what about the eggs? They would have to be gained per character too and they expire.

Not to mention I spent 2 hours trying to get one and nothing.
Are you using a flute? Flutes have a much higher drop rate. And the timer is pretty substantial since all you have to do is toggle it as quest item and turn in.

Thanks for the tips lord god!

Jandruz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems like ole Geoffrey is just getting rid of his garbage. I haven't seen anything good from him yet. Tons of junk littered around his post too :p

C

Crystal Canyon

In order for the Guardian Wisp to spawn, you have to have the quest.
Once you loot an orb, you cannot get another one.
Yes you can get more than one at a time. I got 3 in a couple hours. Same place.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

The eggs don't need to be retrieved per character. You can get them on one char, ideally a Bard, as Music skill helps. The timers are very long. Then just give them to other characters. Same with the Draconic Orbs for the gargoyle version.

The chest for the Dark Wisp Orbs spawns in several locations on that level of the dungeon, you can get several with one character.

Spelosty

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: aaaa

It's not whoever finishes first, is it? Please god don't be.
I wish it had been the first to finish it....I was first to finish the quest on Legends...lol, Tho now we find out there's a 3rd part anyway..

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you using a flute? Flutes have a much higher drop rate. And the timer is pretty substantial since all you have to do is toggle it as quest item and turn in.

Thanks for the tips lord god!
No, where do you get the flute?

B

Bullseye_of_Atl

I seem to be able to do but one crystal so far per character.

I go back to geoffery, accept quest again?...then go find another node?

I found the node at the top of the stairs, above lava stuff....that was good, then the one down below, just past them, by the stone structure....says Geoffery told me to plant the crystal by a virtue something or nother.....same with another location, by the patchwork skeletons, down below.....says the same thing......am I missing something??

We don't have to repeat the dexxter part, do we??

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So how exactly do you do this flute thing? Just play it even if you don't have any music skills? Or do I need to target something?

S

Shanny

Double click flute target snake then target hole you want the snake to search. Pretty easy

M

Muu Bin

I have only been able to get one Wisp Orb per character (on Pacific). Every time I attempted to get more than one on the same char, the chest would disappear but no orb would be placed in my pack. To test this, I then switched characters, and repeated the work to get the Orb and was able to. Then tried to get another and the same thing - no subsequent ones.

Also, I attempted to bury the third crystal today at the right spot for human/ elf. The lamp was green in the area I was in; but every attempt resulted in the following statement:

"You recall Sir Geoffrey told you to bury this crystal near a virtue node in the Stygian Abyss, so you don't bury it here."

EDIT: Apparently, the lantern being green does not necessarily mean it is the correct spot. The previous 2 days when I did this I must have been in a sweet spot because it worked right away. This time I must have been at the edge of where the green area was because after more testing and moving around in the "green zone" it finally worked. Problem solved

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Something which I am not understanding about the quest...you can only do quest 2 once per day, but there are many node locations...so does that mean that if you didn't get to do the quest on a character a previous day, then you missed the chance?

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Something which I am not understanding about the quest...you can only do quest 2 once per day, but there are many node locations...so does that mean that if you didn't get to do the quest on a character a previous day, then you missed the chance?
No, no matter when you started the quest you can repeat the second part for every node including ones from days you missed.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK...here is the catch for those wonder how to get the new quest arties efficiently:

1. Everyday you start the quest by talking to dexter (and give him the 4 quest items)

2. Then you talk to Geoffrey for the green crystal. Each char can talk to Geoffrey as many times as you want. For example, if there are 5 nodes available, you talk to geoffrey 5 times.

the catch is that, the nodes from the previous days WILL STAY there. They accumulate! Therefore everyday you can do more bury-crystal quest.

as of today, there ar FIVE nodes.

:gee:

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK...here is the catch for those wonder how to get the new quest arties efficiently:

1. Everyday you start the quest by talking to dexter (and give him the 4 quest items)
You don't need to do that quest every day, You can keep the lantern and use it each day for part 2.

D

Deb

I too am curious as due to illness this is my first day to actually play in
awhile. Will this be ongoing even after the houses are won?

K

Kamin

The day 5 Gar spot is due South East of the day 3 spot in the clearing across the lava. From day 3 head East down the small path over the lava as soon as you exit go South along the small mountain, then West when you get to the Lava. It's in the small clearing.

bioras

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone know where today's node is for humans? I don't think my lantern is working well for me. *flicks lantern*

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

Bioras. If you look on the right of the posts you will see a number, that is the number of the post in this thread. If you scroll up this page to post 176 there is a picture of todays human node.

bioras

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bioras. If you look on the right of the posts you will see a number, that is the number of the post in this thread. If you scroll up this page to post 176 there is a picture of todays human node.
Oooo Sorry. I missed that one. (also thought this thread was longer):blushing:

Thank you.

UODJ

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
as of today, there ar FIVE nodes.

:gee:

Five? Damnit. I missed one somewhere then.

One at the entrance, one near that stone pyramid thing, one by the undead/vase location, one by the fire demon....

What am I missing?

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Five? Damnit. I missed one somewhere then.

One at the entrance, one near that stone pyramid thing, one by the undead/vase location, one by the fire demon....

What am I missing?
6 nodes, I believe they're revealed at 12:01am CST, not server up. That's the case on Oceania anyway.

Attached is the location of the 6th node.

Attachments