• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Game Random Trivia Challenge

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have no idea if people would be interested in this, but since the other three forum games have been popular, I figured it's worth throwing this out there. I've seen this work pretty well on other forums.

The goal is to answer the random trivia question about any topic (within the Stratics rules of course) without googling the answer, and then create your own trivia question. If that can't be done, googling it works too. If googling it doesn't work the person can also "pass" and post a new question without answering the previous one.

It ends up getting pretty interesting and educational after a while, since people usually end up googling topics they never would have normally, and learn about new subjects in the process.

The format would be:

Person A asks a trivia question
Person B answers it and posts their own question
Person C answers that question and posts a new question etc.

I'll start it off with a recent final question I saw on the TV show Jeopardy.

Which two landlocked countries, one in Europe and one in Africa, have names that begin with the same two letters and end with the same four letters?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Yay!! It's back..

What is Switzerland and Sawziland? I guess it did not have to be in the form of a question here tho ;)

Next question...

In the series finale of the long running sitcom Cheers ... What were the last two words ever spoken in the series?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yay!! It's back..

What is Switzerland and Sawziland? I guess it did not have to be in the form of a question here tho ;)

Next question...

In the series finale of the long running sitcom Cheers ... What were the last two words ever spoken in the series?
The final two words in Cheers was when Sam said "we're closed".

Which United States (southwestern) city was nicknamed "The most air conditioned city in the world"?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Answer: There are technically two. Luxembourg City and Vatican City

Question: What is the real first name of United States President and Civil War general Ulysses S. Grant?

(The politician who nominated him for the U.S. Military Academy at West Point wrote the wrong first name on his nomination. Ulysses was actually his middle name, but because a nomination from a politician is required to get into the academy he had to keep the Ulysses S. Grant name to stay at West Point, and then just kept using it for the rest of his life)

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Wheres the F*&%#*@& question!!! Gah ur killing me! Note that is one to many weird characters to say the bad word. I censored a non bad word.

Penderrin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Grawlix - if it would have been a bad word. Maybe it's the same.

Frigging of fabulous?

And what do you call a thread resurrected six years later?

Last edited: