• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Random items blocking placement of house?

Bsrlin

Adventurer
Wandering aimlessly on a low population server and I often find random things in places that make no sense to me...a water trough in the woods far from anything else, an NPC tailor (never moves and I cannot buy/sell/speak to it), a stretched hide on a frame, a lantern...etc., etc., I cannot pick up any of these items, when I mouse over them they do not indicate locked-down...just the name of the item, and no way to interact with them. When I happen upon one of these items they are the only item in the area, and there aren't any houses, structures, ruins, or any other things in the area that they might be somehow related to or a part of.

In some cases the items are in locations where a house could be placed. If I were to submit a request to 'support' could such an item be removed? On a low population server would such a request even be answered? I've been gone a few years and just returned a few days ago, and don't know what the current status of the game/developers/staff is?

In the case of items that are blocking a spot where a house could be placed could the item(s) be somehow left over from a house that was there at one time in the past, but now it's somehow 'stuck' in the server's database and needs to be 'fixed'? But this does not explain random items found in other areas.

Thank you or your time and assistance.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Most items are from old houses and bugs. I really doubt a GM will come and help you. I've waited hours on pages for no response for more serious issues. I've also emailed mesena (sp?) a few times with no responses. I'd just look for different spots, it's not worth the hassle.

Conleth

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Wandering aimlessly on a low population server and I often find random things in places that make no sense to me...a water trough in the woods far from anything else, an NPC tailor (never moves and I cannot buy/sell/speak to it), a stretched hide on a frame, a lantern...etc., etc., I cannot pick up any of these items, when I mouse over them they do not indicate locked-down...just the name of the item, and no way to interact with them. When I happen upon one of these items they are the only item in the area, and there aren't any houses, structures, ruins, or any other things in the area that they might be somehow related to or a part of.

In some cases the items are in locations where a house could be placed. If I were to submit a request to 'support' could such an item be removed? On a low population server would such a request even be answered? I've been gone a few years and just returned a few days ago, and don't know what the current status of the game/developers/staff is?

In the case of items that are blocking a spot where a house could be placed could the item(s) be somehow left over from a house that was there at one time in the past, but now it's somehow 'stuck' in the server's database and needs to be 'fixed'? But this does not explain random items found in other areas.

Thank you or your time and assistance.
I think some of those items may be old 255 stone bugged items from a house/structure that decayed. Those bugged items do not decay. Only a GM can remove them. I had one such stuck under a house sign, though I liked it at the time.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
One thing you can do is compile a list of the items, and send it to one of the devs via the uo.com web page, with the shard name and coordinates for each.

No guarantee anything will be done, but it's a lot less frustrating than wasting time trying to page on one item at a time.

Bsrlin

Adventurer
One thing you can do is compile a list of the items, and send it to one of the devs via the uo.com web page, with the shard name and coordinates for each.

No guarantee anything will be done, but it's a lot less frustrating than wasting time trying to page on one item at a time.
That's a good idea...I spend a lot of time walking and exploring,...I'll make a list and send it to them once every few weeks. Thank you.

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
UOcoordinates.jpg
this journal in CC shows both coordinates from sextant
the one that is listed on the second line is the ones the DEVs want you to send in

not sure where you would find those numbers in EC