• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Random colored Wood, The Timer, how it really works.

G

Hail: Yes, most know this, but a few do not. Since EA says any tree can become or prodeuce colored wood, the following , imhop, should be applied.

1. Cut either in Felucia only, or in T2A where trees are in a large group together. As most know you get more wood by cutting in a bunch of trees than you do by cutting a tree kind of by itself. Might as well get as much wood as possible from your chosen spots.

2. A Tree will go from, "Not enought wood here to cut", to respawn in 7 minutes. So, find the area's you want to use, mark runes, and time your self to make runs every 8-10 minutes.

3> The timer for wood to respawn, and the timer for a tree to change to a different color, "IS NOT THE SAME".

During the last week, i found 6 tree's total that gave heart, blood, frost wood, 2 each. I have 8950 of these 3 types of wood total, from 6 tree's only. As example, last night the frost, and heart tree's ran out of wood to cut 11 times, and each time respawned the same color of wood. As long as no one else is cutting the tree you found, you will get all the colored wood it has to offer.

So Far, i have not had a single tree that gave one of the 3 top colors, respawn after it ran out, with anything other than normal or oak.

The Math: If you chop a tree every 10 second, that is 6 tree's per minute. X 10 minutes to ensure respawn, =60 tree's per 10 minutes, or 360 chops per hour. EA % of high end wood is around %5. That is 5 out of 100 tree's will have it. Once you found one, take it, and while waiting for respawn, keep cutting the others, and so on. I almost gave up, but don't.

The system sucks, but when you find it, and keep going back, and keep getting it, it now was, "Maybe Almost" worth it. :)

F

Fayled Dhreams

... r i i i g h t ...
Let us know if you feel that works over a weeks time ...

consistantly

between the "As long as no one else is cutting the tree you found " and the ever present / seldom acknowledged "Evil Lord RNG"
(not to mention that: The timer for wood to respawn, and the timer for a tree to change to a different color, "IS NOT THE SAME" <<< lacks a certain ... precision)

well

update in a week ... K?

G

I can up date now. The heartwood tree from yesterday is still giving heartwood, 12k so far. I found a bloodwood tree, and have gotten 14k from it in 5 trips.

It is af if a tree will be given a certain amount of wood, and will change to a different wood after the amount is gone. Example. Oak wood=3500 logs at the tree, aloowing you to get 350 each time before it is out of wood. You can go back and get Oak wood until the 3500 limit is gone. Then it is normal wood for whgo knows how long.

This is my actual in game expierience, and i posted it so players will keep trying, and to see that someone at least is getting it.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I chop wood like i do mining. Just found me a small area and always work on the same area over and over. Eventualy it changes in the colors you realy want to have.

Don't go look for the high wood/iron , make them!

F

Fayled Dhreams

... r i i i g h t ...
I found a bloodwood tree, and have gotten 14k from it in 5 trips.

uhuh

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, maybe not that much but i had "Magical trees" who gave me well over 2000 logs a tree!

Just need to be very lucky its the right color!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
there are some areas where you can hit multiple resource squares from one tile.

i use one such area on each shard when i go there to make my mule.
i get about 1800 logs per shot before they run out.
which is allmost enough to keep you going non stop.
(the respawn respawns shortlly after you wear out the trees)

i have found different results in my lumberjacking.
i have seldom been upgraded to the top 3 woods.
but when i have i have gotten a fair amount off of them.

funny, the last time i did it i GMed 2 lumberjacks and didnt get any yew, blood, frost or heart wood the ENTIRE MONTH.
the RNG got me good on that haul.