• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Raising Provocation without Stygian Abyss

Windarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Good evening!

I am at 89.6 Provocation with 100 Music. I can't seem to move past this point in Provocation. I'm in New Haven Mine provoking ogre lords against each other. I've looked up training guides and most point to creatures not accessible to me (I don't have Stygian Abyss). I reactivated my account which has the 9th Anniversary Collection so I'm a bit out of date. What creatures should I provoke at this point? I'm told that once I hit 90, I can do the provoke mastery and use that to move it up quicker but I can't seem to get to 90. Yes, I checked and made sure that I have some points available from an old skill that is set to lower.

Any help would be appreciated. I know I should probably just upgrade but for now...whatcha got?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I think Daemons are harder to provoke than Ogre Lords. Maybe try going to the temple near Hythloth and provoke the roof demons onto each other.

Windarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think Daemons are harder to provoke than Ogre Lords. Maybe try going to the temple near Hythloth and provoke the roof demons onto each other.
I'll give it a shot. I was concerned about having 0 Resist Spells but I think someone mentioned in another thread that resist doesn't help against direct attacks anyway but only against stat changing attacks. I have 60+ in all of my damage resists from armor...will that help against magic attacks from daemons?