• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bowcraft/Fletching] raising fletching?

J

[JD]

so i saw the guide in the craftsman chest:
http://vboards.stratics.com/craftsm...as-bowcraft-fletching-faq-revised-2008-a.html

it says to make bows to 59, but at 50 skill, bows are already out of the optimum range and have 75% success rate which doesnt really help me.

i noticed fukiya darts have 50% success rate at 50 skill and take one board each. PERFECT!

i load up my pack with as many boards as I can carry. basically 449. and made fukiya darts. I gained .1, and I instantly have 449 fukiya darts in my pack, wasting all those boards. wtf who designed this skill?

Can anyone please tell me how to gain this skill? What can I make, where I can get lots of skill checks, using as few boards as possible. Please don't tell me I have to seperate the boards out 1 per pack grid spot (I'm in EC client). that would seem ridicilous.

How do you deal with the heavy boards while crafting bows for rewards in heartwood... blue beetle the only way?

thanks

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Go to Heartwood and do the quests. They had it set-up so that there was a quest for each skill level to GM. That was until they changed the dart quest to bolts, so now there is a gap between 50-60 something. Keep the lower runics for making bows to imbue and the higher ones for relic fragments.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not really back, and I'm probably several patches behind, but the one computer is aways up and if anyone needs me for anything I'm usually near the computer. Might log in to patch and grab the gifts this week.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
so i saw the guide in the craftsman chest:
http://vboards.stratics.com/craftsm...as-bowcraft-fletching-faq-revised-2008-a.html

it says to make bows to 59, but at 50 skill, bows are already out of the optimum range and have 75% success rate which doesnt really help me.

i noticed fukiya darts have 50% success rate at 50 skill and take one board each. PERFECT!

i load up my pack with as many boards as I can carry. basically 449. and made fukiya darts. I gained .1, and I instantly have 449 fukiya darts in my pack, wasting all those boards. wtf who designed this skill?

Can anyone please tell me how to gain this skill? What can I make, where I can get lots of skill checks, using as few boards as possible. Please don't tell me I have to seperate the boards out 1 per pack grid spot (I'm in EC client). that would seem ridicilous.

How do you deal with the heavy boards while crafting bows for rewards in heartwood... blue beetle the only way?

thanks
Keep making bows.

Optimum range is just that - OPTIMUM. It is NOT the end of skill gains (otherwise tailors wouldn't keep making oil cloth to 109.6 to train).

You can continue to gain on bows until you hit 100% chance to successfully craft them. And, at under 60 skill, the gain rate is faster than much later, so you'll still probably gain faster going from 50 to 60 on bow, outside optimum, than you will gain at any 10-point range after 60 on a crossbow type in the optimum range at that time.

And, if you're doing it in Trammel, do the following for the bows.
Take a blue beetle, and two pack animals.
load up all 3 with 1600 boards each.
Carry some multiple of 70 boards, plus 30*, in your backpack.

*The reason for the 30 extra, is that each pack animal load is 22 Bow quests, plus another 60 boards. The extra 30 allow you to finish those groups of 70 boards off. Alternatively, use a talisman of board summoning to get the boards.

So, if you take 450 boards in (remember that you can recall at 101% of your stated weight capacity, rounded down, so someone able to carry 530, can really carry 535) that's 7 quests in your pack, plus the extra 30 boards make the 3 pack animals add up to 69 more, for a total of 76 quests.

Empty the beetle first, and eventually you'll need to move any rewards you keep into the beetle, and sit on it the rest of the way.

The math for bows that take 10 boards (the heavy & repeater) is a lot easier.