• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Quite frankly Europa...The General Trash talk channel !!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'am finding it increasing and quite frankly bloody rude...

Has quite a well known player on Europa from near when it all started..[well after trammel anyways ]..back in the days of not even a 7x7 space available and the smithys at the brit forge churning hand made armour and weapons for the warriors.

Quite frankly i find it very strange....very rude and damn right frustrating while everytime i use the general chat several people who i wont name [ but just go on chat and u will see as soon as a talk]..target and generally trash talk anything i want to sell or buy???

This is me ''Wokhoss'' a player that tries to serves the europa commiunity ...the likes of setting up and running the soulstone graveyard for our europa shard, so players coming back can reclaim lost stones...I openly help any new players to find a housing spots [albeit towers or 18x18 ] ...oh and yes i do sell the keeps and castles [[gEE!!:gee:]]

can WE PLZ STOP THE STUPID UNCALLED FOR TRASH TALK BARRAGE...its very unpolite and damn right childish.......
:grouphug:

If i offer to ''sell'' an item and u think its too expensive - simply dont buy it and leave me to sell it to someone else.

If i ask to'' buy'' an item and u think its too cheap price then simply dont sell it to me and leave me to buy of someone else at the price iam prepared to pay.

Leto

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At the risk of setting off a huge tirade...

THP, I think it may well have something to do with the way you conduct yourself. Here on the forum and in the game. I'm talking about the way you tend to jump to conclusions. How you seem to suspect almost everybody of corruption and think the whole world is plotting against you.
I could present a, rather large, number of examples from your post history. I won't though; no need to drag up the past.

I've known you for many years now and I can look beyond those, often abrasive, comments. I know you are a good guy and you mean well and in that light I respect you. But I can also imagine the way you express yourself could turn some people against you.

My advice to you would be this:
Don't post in a moment of anger. Just don't! Take a deep breath. Think about what you are saying and the manner in which you say it: You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
The world isn't plotting against you. Sometimes things just don't go you way. It isn't mal-intent, there is no intent, it just is.

*Tips hat*

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And to add to what Leto said, you personally are one of the people that have made the game unpleasant for me in turn, by turning many post EM events into a constant tirade about items and so-called "cliques" who get them. That doesn't justify any one abusing you in turn, and I suspect those that do have their own issues, because I've not seen it myself which means it's people I already put on ignore some time ago.... but you can't expect to see politeness when you pollute the waters yourself too; in particular your focus on buying exceptionally low and expecting to sell exceptionally high won't endear you further, as it's seen then as part of a pattern of disrespect based on the past. Leto says you are a nice guy over all, and I've seen you be reasonable at times too... but I absolutely would be offended if, after hearing you abuse the "usual suspects" to EM Layne for nearly an hour after the Halloween events, you'd have then put in an insultingly low bid on the items themselves to me all the same. You may have an excellent understanding of market principles, but you really need to work on your people skills too...

Heart Breaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well said Leto, and Adol!
It seems the only time he turns to General chat is to sell some keep for insanely high prices, or to try to buy something for really low prices. And that's the only insult I've ever given him in chat, and it's mostly for a headsup for others. When told that he offers prices too low, he brags about how many people have sold to him already. Or how many keeps he's sold for 10s of millions ... It's really not that becoming.

GreywolfUK

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see not a lot has changed in Europa since I left, some people are still ripping of others with extortionate prices for things and moaning about event items, and others moaning about the moaners :D

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well said Leto, HB & Adol. I couldnt discribed it better my self.

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really hate when people talk trash on chat channels, and it seem to be the majority of shard.

GreywolfUK

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It just shows the immaturity of some players, they hide behind a computer, most likely the majority have a personality complex, they can freely express this kind of talk through a computer whereas they would not dare do so in real life.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes well said Leto ....I TAKE THAT ON BOARD...and i have the up most respect for one like you ...who as served europa for so many many years

And Adol .....iam sorry if i upset you ....but the event inparticular that 5 peeps got locked out for being 5 mins late did really cheese me off...and it cheesed the other 4 europa players off too...very disapointing non-event....very very big mess that was!!!

But heart breaker.....well...lets just say....the way u trash talked me is beyond comprehension ..especially when i myself have done lots for europas great community ...you should be totally ashamed of yourself.

AND futhermore HB! let it be known,,,..i sell 95% of my stuff for the price i roughly ask for ...including every keep and castle i have sold,,,,,,,,,,,and also have purchased 95% of the stuff i ask to buy at the price i roughly wanted to pay....

''an item in UO is only worth what a player is prepared to pay''

and if ''me'' paying 10 millo for the event painted pumkin that i was locked out at the doors ...or even 50 millo for the halloween bloody mask event item makes ''me'' a cheapo....i beg to bloody differ!!!!

Rimeny

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
apparently as from tonight according to our lovely trash channel...

*Tumble Weed* is off limits.

Heart Breaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL Tell me how exactly I trash talked you? LOL If you want trash talk, I'll give it to you next time I see your name in chat. I simply told you what I thought about your prices.

"AND futhermore HB! let it be known,,,..i sell 95% of my stuff for the price i roughly ask for ...including every keep and castle i have sold,,,,,,,,,,,and also have purchased 95% of the stuff i ask to buy at the price i roughly wanted to pay...."

Isn't this the bragging I was talking about already?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
errr,,,lets think,,,jeeze...u asked for it.., and many players saw it....

just basic stuff like.....

''thats way to expensive for a keep, stop bumping up prices and trying to rip people off !!''
=when its obvoiusly not as it sold for just 1millo under what i was asking...i fair player negotatiion

oh and ...''stop asking to buy sots for silly low gold your making yourself look like a noob!!''
=i was buying tinker and alchemy sots for 20-25k per 0.1 and buying them slowly all night till i got 9-10 full points??? so surely i was paying the correct price..i wasmt wanting taming/magery etc sots afterall.

and to take the crap futher...when i asked JF if hes got any to sell...u scammed ,, ''dont sell any to him Jack''...then retorted that ''u would offer a higher price for anything i was trying to buy then just throw it in the trash bin''...i mean come on whats all that about if its not plain harrassment.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i think part of the problem is that you PAY low prices when you want to buy something but at the same time you CHARGE high prices when your selling something.

Thats how i see it. I might be wrong but thats my impression and i think thats what makes some ppl irritated.

Heart Breaker

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL I love how you have quotations around those things, like I actually said those exact words.

You were spamming the whole time I was online, (and bragging how easy it was to gain, you were gaining like every second, yet still wanted to buy SoTs) so yes it got annoying. And I was at the point of wanting to offer more money for them, just to trash them. Just because. But you're not adding how you wanted to go head to head ingame to see who had more gold. LOL I didn't comment on that, but oh how I would have loved to. You have no idea how much I bite my tongue, and you should consider yourself lucky that I haven't said half of what I really think of you.

And I told Jack not to sell you any, just like I told him on icq. ;)

And I also believe that I called you greedy in the general chat, but I don't think that's wrong at all. *shrugs*

Enjoy your day.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
''You were spamming the whole time I was online, (and bragging how easy it was to gain, you were gaining like every second, yet still wanted to buy SoTs)''

YES this is VERY true!!!!!!!.. i was training the skills from scratch so gaining was indeed very very very very quick well into the 70s even...and like i have said many times b4 .....i was merley buying the sots for the last 10% of the gm skill...ie the 90-100 bit were gains do go a lot slower.

Hey thankyou for being so honest how much u hate and despise me...but plz dont encourage friends and guildies like J F who i have known for a long time to gang with you...

keep your hatred and despise of me to yourself and dont harrass me on the chat.....THATS ALL I ASK

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i think part of the problem is that you PAY low prices when you want to buy something but at the same time you CHARGE high prices when your selling something.
Thats how i see it. I might be wrong but thats my impression and i think thats what makes some ppl irritated.
Err i sell keeps and castles at the ''correct price'' because they all sell for around the price i ask....iam always open to player negotition on my price, its never fixed, and im often knocked down a tadge so all parties are happy!!.

Err i bought all the sots i needed for the last 10% of my training because thats the price people were ''happy to sell them at ''....believe me the market is getting pretty loaded with sots and alcrity scrolls...i think lots of folks are glad to off load some from there stashes especailly the ones that dont like using/paying vendor fees.

oh and i paid 50 millo for the halloween bloody mask event item so i rather think i dont just buy cheap....

g-i-v-e-m-e-a-b-r-e-a-k

K

Kiminality

Err i sell keeps and castles at the ''correct price'' because they all sell for around the price i ask....iam always open to player negotition on my price, its never fixed, and im often knocked down a tadge so all parties are happy!!.
I wasn't going to jump in here, but theres a single observation I'd like to add...
In the past you've gone off on people for selling event items at "stupid prices" or whatnot... Surely they, too, are the "correct price" if that's what they sell for?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed Kimi .....like i quoted b4 ...

''a item in UO is only worth what a person is willing to pay for it''....[end]

..........and indeed more than one peeps are after collecting the EM event items and probably more so like me....wanting to keep ''our europa event items'' on ''europa'' !!!! hence peeps like me have gotta pay pay pay if i want want want...because yes its true there aint many to go around...and i hate seeing our own europa EM event items vanish of our own shard to the xshard mellee grabbers ....

hey i paid 50m for the bloody hallowen mask .......think this was good for
both parties!!! lets say i payed 50m for a momento of this event and the person that got it free got an easy 50m.

****unlike say common sots or common alcrity deeds !!! that i can either buy for the price that ''i ''want pay and reject for the price that peeps want double or treble times i want to pay.....

g-i-v-e-m-e-a-b-r-e-a-k

Elffin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wanted to say, It was me who sold THP the Bloodied Mask from the Europa Event, I was very happy with the price, especially as it was way more than i wanted to sell it for, the final price for the mask was 42mil, but THP said whatever the end price was he would give me 50mil for it anyway as he wanted it for his museum, So i dropped it on my money storage Vendor for 50mil and he baught it, i was happy, he was happy, so everybody wins :)

Elf.