• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quit Rewarding Bad Behavior!!!!

Jove

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why don't you guys try to do something for people that are actually interested in playing this game? You know why you don't have alot of people playing UO? Because they don't get off on PvP. Yet all you guys seem to do is constantly do something for the people that like to hang out in fel. You give them the best rewards and you give them part of my insurance money? OMG!!! No Wonder everybody is going to WoW! I don't see why they should get insurance money as part of a reward for ganking. 1st off some of us like to play with our mages and mages don't normally have very good armor. Doesn't make you look like a badazz PvPer when you kill a mage. I sucked it up for years and I'm sooo tired of it. Alot of my friends have left UO because they couldn't get powerscrolls. I refused to buy them at their outrageous prices. Nothing but rewards for PvPing and nothing for the people that actually enjoy playing a game. I don't see how PvP is playing a game. Its playing their attitudes and looting whatever we got from our hard work. Pathetic..... QUIT REWARDING BAD BEHAVIOR!!!! Do Explain why they get my insurance money on top of everything else.........................

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bad behavior? Don't tell me you are stereotyping all PvPers and fel players. Yes there are some a$$e$ in fel, but not everyone is an a$$. Heck I know some pretty respectful players in fel that also manage to do champ spawns OTHER than despise. I followed a couple of trammies into a spawn on some island near fire in T2A and watched them finish the entire spawn. They were nice, they didn't kill me, they didn't run off their mouths. If you just look at PvPers who run despise spawns or PvPers at the gate, of course you are going to see a lot of a$$e$.

In a nutshell, not EVERY PvPer or FEL player is an a$$! I know plenty of rude people in tram who are just as bad. Not to mention the stuck-up people who do Doom.

A

Arch Magus

Why don't you guys try to do something for people that are actually interested in playing this game? You know why you don't have alot of people playing UO? Because they don't get off on PvP. Yet all you guys seem to do is constantly do something for the people that like to hang out in fel. You give them the best rewards and you give them part of my insurance money? OMG!!! No Wonder everybody is going to WoW! I don't see why they should get insurance money as part of a reward for ganking. 1st off some of us like to play with our mages and mages don't normally have very good armor. Doesn't make you look like a badazz PvPer when you kill a mage. I sucked it up for years and I'm sooo tired of it. Alot of my friends have left UO because they couldn't get powerscrolls. I refused to buy them at their outrageous prices. Nothing but rewards for PvPing and nothing for the people that actually enjoy playing a game. I don't see how PvP is playing a game. Its playing their attitudes and looting whatever we got from our hard work. Pathetic..... QUIT REWARDING BAD BEHAVIOR!!!! Do Explain why they get my insurance money on top of everything else.........................
That's odd. PVPers aren't enjoying the game? Never heard that before.

That's the only damn thing that even keeps me playing UO.
PVP.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's odd. PVPers aren't enjoying the game? Never heard that before.

That's the only damn thing that even keeps me playing UO.
PVP.
agreed, what a worthless post, your pissed about power scrolls? go do ur peerlesses, ur dooms, ur monster farming. Stop whining that you can't have everything you want in a game on a silver platter, if you want some power scrolls come getem, *****. and you don't see how pvp is playing a game? ever heard of halo? gears of war? most of WoW? news flash! THATS PVP! and we get ur insurance money as a penalty to you for insuring ur armor so you don''t lose it, if you don't want us to get ur gold, don't insure your stuff!

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm on the same page.

Stop crying, go back to trammel.

Duskofdead

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
agreed, what a worthless post, your pissed about power scrolls? go do ur peerlesses, ur dooms, ur monster farming. Stop whining that you can't have everything you want in a game on a silver platter, if you want some power scrolls come getem, *****. and you don't see how pvp is playing a game? ever heard of halo? gears of war? most of WoW? news flash! THATS PVP! and we get ur insurance money as a penalty to you for insuring ur armor so you don''t lose it, if you don't want us to get ur gold, don't insure your stuff!
Typical Fel set of social skills here.

L

Limlight

Do Explain why they get my insurance money on top of everything else.........................
Because you suck at PvP.
Suck it up and practice. We all die.

Stop 0o00oo0o0o00o'ing.

FionanPac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its a good thing the poster didn't start playing UO when it first came out. I got robbed, killed, looted you name it when i first started even in TOWN. Me and my brother saved gold to buy a boat which was 3k took us like 3 weeks and we put it in the water and some guy stole it and killed us again in town!! We learned to play that way, made it fun. All the new people or complainers have it easy. I remember having to hide a item under 4 spell books 3 deathrobes and some fancy shirts just so a thief wouldn't steal it.

M

Mr Man

its a good thing the poster didn't start playing UO when it first came out. I got robbed, killed, looted you name it when i first started even in TOWN. Me and my brother saved gold to buy a boat which was 3k took us like 3 weeks and we put it in the water and some guy stole it and killed us again in town!! We learned to play that way, made it fun. All the new people or complainers have it easy. I remember having to hide a item under 4 spell books 3 deathrobes and some fancy shirts just so a thief wouldn't steal it.
So true. Its the way society is now a days though. Timmy can't ride his bike unless he has his kneepads, helmet, and is bubble wrapped. Sports aren't scored anymore cause everyone a winner! If your child has something, then my child should have it to! Can't score homework in red pen anymore cause red ink is so negative! Its just silly crap.

I can't wait till the next Generation takes over.

Jove

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see we have plenty of people that get off on PvP. Obviously you missed the point to the whole post. Let me say it again, there are other things to do in this game besides PvP. While I realize that there are people that get off on PvP, I am not one of those people. Never have been and never will be (no matter what may happen in my day). I don't appreciate PvP, nor do I appreciate PvPers getting rewarded for their bad behavior. Its a video game not a way to relieve your attitudes. To me thats all that PvP is, people trying to show off or relieve their stress filled lives... I didn't expect everybody to agree with me and I don't really care what you say. I don't understand why PvPers get 1/2 of insurance money (I could understand factions or off Reds) nor access to powerscrolls. Its not right. That is my point of view, unfortunately its not UO's, so don't worry about it. Or would you rather kill me to prove your point? LMFAO, thats the answer to any problem anybody has in game, go to fel. Right or wrong it doesnt matter but if you get to kill somebody, I guess it boosts your ego? Well I don't have an ego problem. I actually just like to play a game, thats what I'm paying for, so I thought.

Thats the problem with the world today everybody has an attitude problem and the only way to express it is apparently with violence.. I'm not wearing knee pads or a hemelt nor will I come down to your level. I go to fel manage to do a few spawns or whatever I want but when you guys show up I leave, the funs over. You can have your fun with somebody else because I'm not the one!

And yes I played in UO when you could get whacked in Brit and anybody could loot your body. You had no insurance and that was that. They came out with fel because not everybody appreciated that game play... Now their rewarding it, go figure...

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I see we have plenty of people that get off on PvP. Obviously you missed the point to the whole post. Let me say it again, there are other things to do in this game besides PvP. While I realize that there are people that get off on PvP, I am not one of those people. Never have been and never will be (no matter what may happen in my day). I don't appreciate PvP, nor do I appreciate PvPers getting rewarded for their bad behavior. Its a video game not a way to relieve your attitudes. To me thats all that PvP is, people trying to show off or relieve their stress filled lives... I didn't expect everybody to agree with me and I don't really care what you say. I don't understand why PvPers get 1/2 of insurance money (I could understand factions or off Reds) nor access to powerscrolls. Its not right. That is my point of view, unfortunately its not UO's, so don't worry about it. Or would you rather kill me to prove your point? LMFAO, thats the answer to any problem anybody has in game, go to fel. Right or wrong it doesnt matter but if you get to kill somebody, I guess it boosts your ego? Well I don't have an ego problem. I actually just like to play a game, thats what I'm paying for, so I thought.

Thats the problem with the world today everybody has an attitude problem and the only way to express it is apparently with violence.. I'm not wearing knee pads or a hemelt nor will I come down to your level. I go to fel manage to do a few spawns or whatever I want but when you guys show up I leave, the funs over. You can have your fun with somebody else because I'm not the one!

And yes I played in UO when you could get whacked in Brit and anybody could loot your body. You had no insurance and that was that. They came out with fel because not everybody appreciated that game play... Now their rewarding it, go figure...
LMAO, sounds like someone drank from the wrong carton of milk...

Sure, maybe some people PvP to relieve stress, but I doubt it, cause that's just really a stupid way to do it, cause if you loose, then guess what...that stress level just increased. But guess what else? MOST people PvP for the challenge. Cause really, PvP is like PvM but against someone with intelligence, it's competition. Just because you don't like this type of competition doesn't mean you have the right to bash it like this. Yeah some talk ****, but then again so do "trammy players" as well and just as often. There's always that ignore feature in the options menu.

In my opinion, PvMers have a worse attitude than most PvPers. No one is forcing you to PvP and you can easily play the game without it. Not all PvPers stick only to PvP. If you want to do a spawn, then do it somewhere else where you unlikely to get invaded! I know many "trammies" who can go to a spawn in another place and can pull it off! One such spawn is on some island in T2A. I watched them kill all the spawn and get their PS's and leave.

Most PvPers I know don't have this "bad behavior" that you like to stereotype to all PvPers.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So true. Its the way society is now a days though. Timmy can't ride his bike unless he has his kneepads, helmet, and is bubble wrapped. Sports aren't scored anymore cause everyone a winner! If your child has something, then my child should have it to! Can't score homework in red pen anymore cause red ink is so negative! Its just silly crap.

this

Duskofdead

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

This is the same mental defect you run into all over WOW.

People comparing how things should work in an online videogame that people pay money to play, for fun, with real life. As if they should work the same way.

If you are getting your sense of accomplishment from how many hours you can grind skills, perfect builds, farm scrolls and max gold in the game... to the point where it seriously annoys you that everyone else in the game expects ultimately to be able to get everything you have without having to join big PvP guilds and gank other guilds to do it... the problem is you. Not with trammies, or carebears, or whiners, or real life bicycle helmets. You are putting way too much personal investment in what you have, in a game, to the point where you feel threatened and encroached upon by 'beggars and whiners' when other people spending their 10 bucks a month to have fun in a game think they should not have to spend months getting ganked or ganking ino rder to access all the worthwhile content and rewards for PvM.

Seriously, put it in a little perspective. Even comparing "what people should have to endure in game" with "people are too coddled and weak in real life!" is, imo, a rather disturbing lack of perspective. This is a game. Point of a game was to be fun. Sometimes I stole money from my sister in monopoly. Sometimes the babysitter would give me some money if I was almost out. The point was to be fun.... not to live out some kind of bizarre virtual Darwinism to decide who's the l33tz and who's the evolutionary dead ends.

If the game is that to you, please, think about help. ;)

Jagdwulfe

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hell I left because I got tired of the whiners. Just because I happen to train a Poison Elemental to the teleporter under the Bone Knight Room just as a friend happens to release Spot his pet White Wrym in the room with all the halfwits using the Bone Knights to train does not make me a bad person. Those people deserved it for whining bout me bringing a Seeker of Adventure in there to spawn the mercenaries.

Duskofdead

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hell I left because I got tired of the whiners. Just because I happen to train a Poison Elemental to the teleporter under the Bone Knight Room just as a friend happens to release Spot his pet White Wrym in the room with all the halfwits using the Bone Knights to train does not make me a bad person. Those people deserved it for whining bout me bringing a Seeker of Adventure in there to spawn the mercenaries.
Know what I find?

People who heavily over-use the term "whining" or "whiners".... tend to be people who are jerks and engage in activities they know they shouldn't. And rationalize this by saying, well, if everyone else wasn't such a WHINER, they wouldn't mind me rezz killing them/griefing/whatever.

Does this apply to you? Dunno don't care... not really the point I'm making. Point is every thing in game that ever got changed or fixed because of EXCESSIVE, habitual, systematic abuse by players --- a big one (but not the only one) would be creation of Trammel in the first place... the people who most contributed to those changes blame "whiners" for it instead of themselves. Truth is probably somewhere much closer to the middle. Yes, maybe if all the people who'd been repeatedly griefed hadn't "whined", nothing would have been done. But you're leaving half the story out there by not saying if there hadn't been thousands of players habitually career griefing all day in game, there wouldn't have been anywhere near so many whines in the first place.

"LOL wth, griefing was accepted by ruleset, gtfo"....yeah but, I think you know when someone is walking around with a pack mule or runs from you.... they're not looking for PvP. Yup you can kill 'em. And then if you sit there and trash talk at the corpse , rezz kill, etc. etc., you are disrupting someone's ability to play the game. Multiply that by the order of thousands and you pretty much have pre-Trammel UO... at least the very bad part in the 9 months or so before Trammel. People's inability to distinguish or even remotely moderate a balance between "there's a free & open ruleset" and "I Probably shouldn't commit my entire UO existence to nothing but preventing other players from being able to have a game experience for as long as I am online" that helped bring about these "whiner" changes.

K

kray2s

At the end of the day if you dont like the fel rules dont go...
and if you do go be ready to be invaded!

Its a game! Win loose or draw. If you cant enjoy a game then get out asap whilst you still got some sanity left!

It IS NOT real life.

Duskofdead

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Its a game! Win loose or draw. If you cant enjoy a game then get out asap whilst you still got some sanity left!

It IS NOT real life.
Don't cap people's ability to progress their character based on whether they either a) go to Fel and join a PvP guild or b) pay millions upon millions of gold for items you can only get in Fel.

Stop trying to force the two communities to be one when clearly one holds the other in sheer contempt and the other wishes to avoid the first.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It IS NOT real life.
Don't cap people's ability to progress their character based on whether they either a) go to Fel and join a PvP guild or b) pay millions upon millions of gold for items you can only get in Fel.

Stop trying to force the two communities to be one when clearly one holds the other in sheer contempt and the other wishes to avoid the first.
Huh? Kray doesn't seem to be trying to force two communities to be one...
Seems to me he is simply saying if you can't enjoy the game then don't play it and if you don't like fel don't go there...

Duskofdead

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Huh? Kray doesn't seem to be trying to force two communities to be one...
Seems to me he is simply saying if you can't enjoy the game then don't play it and if you don't like fel don't go there...
The game itself forces the two communities to be one. Largely, to the Fel player's benefit only.

My guild could probably run any Fel champ spawn. What we could not do is run a champ spawn and fight off the zerg pvp guild that dominates Fel on our shard.

The same guys who hop back on their blues and stock Fel powerscrolls for ridiculous amounts like 18, 20, 24 million gold.

That's highway robbery-- if this is what is required to "support PvP as a viable playstyle" (since pvP'ers are constantly whining about having no meaningful role in game design or being an afterthought) then the price is too high for the majority of players who want to be able to progress without buying gold on the internet, or having to beg cheat and steal and get into a big zerg pvp guild.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The game itself forces the two communities to be one. Largely, to the Fel player's benefit only.

My guild could probably run any Fel champ spawn. What we could not do is run a champ spawn and fight off the zerg pvp guild that dominates Fel on our shard.

The same guys who hop back on their blues and stock Fel powerscrolls for ridiculous amounts like 18, 20, 24 million gold.

That's highway robbery-- if this is what is required to "support PvP as a viable playstyle" (since pvP'ers are constantly whining about having no meaningful role in game design or being an afterthought) then the price is too high for the majority of players who want to be able to progress without buying gold on the internet, or having to beg cheat and steal and get into a big zerg pvp guild.
Good god, not this "we can't run a champ spawn because of PvPers" complaint. Ever try looking for a champ spawn in T2A, particularly the one on the island???
There are more champ spawns than just the popular ones.

Edit: I followed a couple trammies who simply asked around at Luna bank, everybody could hear them, and went as a group to T2A, took a boat and sailed to the spawn somewhere N-NE of Papua. I watched and gave a helping hand for a couple hours. They eventually couldn't take the spawn unfortunately and gave up.
No scouts came, no PK's, no thieves for hours.

Duskofdead

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good god, not this "we can't run a champ spawn because of PvPers" complaint. Ever try looking for a champ spawn in T2A, particularly the one on the island???
There are more champ spawns than just the popular ones.

Edit: I followed a couple trammies who simply asked around at Luna bank, everybody could hear them, and went as a group to T2A, took a boat and sailed to the spawn somewhere N-NE of Papua. I watched and gave a helping hand for a couple hours. They eventually couldn't take the spawn unfortunately and gave up.
No scouts came, no PK's, no thieves for hours.
Good anecdote. Maybe there are tamer or less attentive Fel guilds on that shard. *Shrugs* The story has no bearing on the reality of acquiring PS and other Fel-only items on my shard.

K

kray2s

It IS NOT real life.

Talk about getting the wrong end of the stick!!!

My point is simply this =

Whether you like the rules or not it is the way it is until a dev etc decides to change them.

Currently if your in tram you are fairly safe. However should you go to Fel then you know the rule set. Go to fel then other players can stumble upon you and PK you.

Now if you dont like the idea of being pk'd then the simple solution is NOT TO GO TO FEL!

I AM NOT trying to force people to be part of 2 communities, More i am absolutly fed up of the damn moaning. "ITS A GAME" it doesnt matter if you die!!! So you loose a bit of insurance money, its not like ur little pixelated char dies and that means you do too in real life does it? Insted of moaning pick yourself up, dust yourself down, get back on your mount and grow some balls and fight back!

We all know where the land lays and yet here it is the same old argument for the upteenth time!!!!!

Heres an idea. Insted of moaning your getting raided and killed why not train yourself up a bit more and fight back! God knows, you may even find it fun.

Duskofdead

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Talk about getting the wrong end of the stick!!!

My point is simply this =

Whether you like the rules or not it is the way it is until a dev etc decides to change them.
Yes, Admiral Obvious.

Currently if your in tram you are fairly safe. However should you go to Fel then you know the rule set. Go to fel then other players can stumble upon you and PK you. Now if you dont like the idea of being pk'd then the simple solution is NOT TO GO TO FEL!
I think you're failing to get my basic message. People DO avoid Fel because they don't like the ruleset. But there are things in Fel that are useful, if not necessary, to be competent in Trammel. Certainly to ever "finish" a character, you will need things from Fel.

I AM NOT trying to force people to be part of 2 communities, More i am absolutly fed up of the damn moaning. "ITS A GAME" it doesnt matter if you die!!! So you loose a bit of insurance money, its not like ur little pixelated char dies and that means you do too in real life does it? Insted of moaning pick yourself up, dust yourself down, get back on your mount and grow some balls and fight back!
Ah I see. One man against a zerg guild which controls the entire Fel facet of a shard. You try that out and let me know how it works out for you, I have better things to do with my paid time in the game than to get myself killed over and over while a couple dozen pansies with the same guild title camp the moongate.

Heres an idea. Insted of moaning your getting raided and killed why not train yourself up a bit more and fight back! God knows, you may even find it fun.
How about, no, don't make having to not just participate, but dominate, in PvP and organize half the shard to overthrow the last bully shard that dominated by de facto, in order to get things you need for PvM. The same way PvP'ers whine in every single MMO in existence that they shouldn't "have" to do any work or PvM or grind or farm to get things they need for PvP.

If you can't grasp the point I'm making... which is not "wah, in Fel you die" but rather "you can't fully develop in PvM without things exclusively from Fel, where not all people wish to have to log time in a zerg PK guild to get the things they need, and can't pay 35 million gold for things they need", then the argument is over because you cannot comprehend the point I'm making.

Putting things PvM'mers use for PvM builds, only in Fel is making the two communities depend on each other. Although, as I said earlier, I fail to see how Trammel gets any benefit... so maybe you'd call it more parasitical. Trammies having to pay enormous amounts of money for basic things they need for their characters to develop.

Somehow, if you put something critical to PvP in Trammel only... and reds couldn't go there and get it, and had to go through proxies and buy it from Trammies for artificially inflated millions... I think the wailing would crack every glass windowpane within 30 miles of a UO server.

K

kray2s

look, i am not trying to be an ass.

All i am trying to say is yes there might be stuff you can only get in fel like the 120 ps's, alas tho the ruleset in fel allows such camping of moongates and champspawns. All im tying to say is that unless they change the rules theres not a lot you or I or any other mere subsriber to UO can do.

Insted of moaning about it how about you offer up a solution? because so far all i have heard is moaning on BOTH sides.

PS - if you dont wanna die multiple times whils 1 zerg guild camp the same moongate, have you ever thought after you have been killed once of trying a different moongate and running to your destination???? <---- see a solution

C

Chiera

Seriously, put it in a little perspective. Even comparing "what people should have to endure in game" with "people are too coddled and weak in real life!" is, imo, a rather disturbing lack of perspective. This is a game. Point of a game was to be fun. Sometimes I stole money from my sister in monopoly. Sometimes the babysitter would give me some money if I was almost out. The point was to be fun.... not to live out some kind of bizarre virtual Darwinism to decide who's the l33tz and who's the evolutionary dead ends.

If the game is that to you, please, think about help. ;)
seriously, this is one of the sanest posts Ive read around here for a long time.

Duskofdead

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
look, i am not trying to be an ass.

All i am trying to say is yes there might be stuff you can only get in fel like the 120 ps's, alas tho the ruleset in fel allows such camping of moongates and champspawns. All im tying to say is that unless they change the rules theres not a lot you or I or any other mere subsriber to UO can do.
Did I claim it was in my personal power to change how UO works? I don't know why you're repeating this over and over. This is the Spiels and Rants forum you know. ;) People don't come here to say "oooommmmmmgggg I want to rant about this.... but I can't change it so I love u EA."

Insted of moaning about it how about you offer up a solution? because so far all i have heard is moaning on BOTH sides.
Solution: Any items needed for both PvM and PvP, should be available in both Tram and Fel. No items needed for PvP should be tram-only. No items needed for PvM should be fel-only. Simple enough for you?

I stated this already in not so many words, multiple times, such as when I said stop forcing the communities to be one when they're not the same, play differently, and have different goals. Don't mistake your incomplete or poorly comprehended reading of my posts with "me offering no solutions and just whining."

PS - if you dont wanna die multiple times whils 1 zerg guild camp the same moongate, have you ever thought after you have been killed once of trying a different moongate and running to your destination???? <---- see a solution
You're being obtuse and you know it. So you survive the moongate trip into Fel. Big whup. It's not surviving at the moongate that gets you a 120 scroll. It's doing one of the champs that, at least on my shard, are almost chronically either camped or at least cammed/scouted for groups trying to do the spawn. Then Pk guild swoops in at the end. That's par for course with how things go in Fel in terms of practical harvesting of PS's from what I hear.

Duskofdead

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you mean, I fell for a kind of intellectual honeytrap ? That sounds serious ;)
Oh no no I really meant it. I wish there was a spray bottle of reality check when people start talking about how you have to "work" for this in the game or how you "should have to suffer through x like everyone else" or need to "learn to play my way/pvp/getganked or else shut up and quit."

We all pay to play this game... nothing you 'achieve' or suffer through in game says anything about you except that perhaps you place too much emphasis on achievement in a virtual environment, probably at the expense of avenues of your life that actually matter.

When you start talking about how people want "handouts" or "should have to work" or this or that, in a paid game design, and you have some kind of emotional stake in preserving some perceived virtual achievement over others unless they 'suffer' to get what you have, you're investing too much in the game. This is supposed to be fun. Yeah sometimes having to put in some time to get things in the game is part of what makes it fun, but defending some system wehre people have to work the game like a part time job or else stay locked out of certain features or progression, that's well into the domain of being way too invested and addicted, IMHO. Feeling threatened that others are encroaching on your virtual accomplishments without having to "work as hard for them" says something is wrong with you, not with the person seeking to have what you have in the game.

P.S. "you" totally in the general sense, not you personally Chiera.

T

Tybalt Capulet II

Carebears still at work here i see :) Big ol world free of PVP , what I wouldnt have given for that first time I dallied in UO. Still not enough, gotta have 2 trammels. Course does give hope, appears you found people still willing to take a count. or did they do away with murder counts and trammelize fel in that way ?