• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quick question.

Cyanide_Mage

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Only been back playing for about 2 weeks now am I keep seeing people selling scrolls of alacricity. From what I understand they help you gain skill faster than normal for 15 minutes. Does this by pass the ROT gain levels? Meaning can I gain more than 3.6 in that 15 min period? I've checked all over but can't find the answer to this question.

M

majorwoo

Yes, you can gain more then 3.7 (it's 3.7 and 2.1)

The trick is, some skills work better then others with them. If you can login, get a gain, and logout you only use however long you were logged in (20 seconds?) of the 10 minutes the scroll is active for. Some skills (crafting) work well, other such as fencing require you to flag on a monster meaning your auto logout is delayed. (you need to be in a house your friended to, or an inn)

What skill would you be planning to use with one of these scrolls?

Cyanide_Mage

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Probably magery, eval, med and resists. I would assume those would work extremely well with the scrolls but I could be wrong?

G

Yes, they would.

Some people report being able to use the login/out trick above to get from 70 to GM+ with alacrity scrolls.

M

majorwoo

Only 1 scroll at a time though!
And make sure to lock any skill other then the one your training - so you don't get .1 in eval while under the rot scroll for magery or so. (Technically, you don't need to do this - it would still give the same number of gains - just if your trying to gain in the skill your under for the scroll you want to be certain you don't get a gain in say eval, using your last rot gain and not get the gain you logged in for in magery because it was your last rot for the day.)

Cyanide_Mage

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you guys very much for your responses. Lots of new things to learn after being away 2 years

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yes, they would.

Some people report being able to use the login/out trick above to get from 70 to GM+ with alacrity scrolls.

[/ QUOTE ]

In one day? :O

Cyanide_Mage

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So the best scenerio would be to wait for ROT, eat the scroll, get a gain, log out, log in, get gain, log out etc? Sorry for all the questions I just dont feel like waiting 4 months to have a char who wont fail FS

G

and it completely bypasses ROT? Meaning, you can eat one scroll, log in, get a gain, log out, wait, log in, get a gain, log out, wait.. etc - until your alacrity scroll runs out?

I

imported_BlacK RaiN

<blockquote><hr>

Yes, they would.

[/ QUOTE ]

I went form 80-120 necromancy off of 1 alicrity scroll...

if your fast enough... you can stretch it faaaar.

Went from 70 to 110magery too...

depends on how quick you are and if you set up your character right (if your using a mage or necro scroll for example... try to max out on LMC and MR)