• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Quick question

S

SyKo of GL

I want some 140 luck 20 lrc pieces like most tamers. I was wondering why in another thread someone said make normal leather armor, then imbue with 100 luck, then enhance with spined, then imbue lrc and whatever else you want.

I haven't got imbueing yet, but can you not craft spined leather armor an imbue it with 100 luck an everything to avoid breaking them while enhancing?

I don't want to waste powder of fort :)

thanks a bunch hope someone can explain it to me

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
if you make it with spined that gives it 40 luck. you can then only imbue to 100
if you make with normal leather you can imbue to 100 luck then enhance with spined to add 40 more! basically it works one way but not the other!
and you can pof it before you start but on enhancing it has a chance to break and you could lose the pofs you added!

S

SyKo of GL

Ok that makes a lot of sense thank you for the quick response

D

Demoquin84

I think it would be cheaper in the long run to skip out on the PoF. You will break a lot of pieces by enhancing with Spined, especially if you forgo the resist.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
For tamers and mages and even bards Demoquin84 is correct you really only need the pofs if you are taking direct damage a lot!