• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quick question on Bane dragons training

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been looking over posts on the training of the bane dragons. I have a few of them and was wondering on some builds and cant seem to pull the trigger. I did try this on one when the new taming came out and messed him up. Good thing is that he went wild and then disappeared. That was the best one as i recall. So I figured I would start with the worst one now.

BANE After points
This is what I was going to go for. I will use him for PvE. I was not going to go for chivalry on this one. Any thoughts or suggestions from anyone experience is greatly appreciated. I do not want to reinvent the wheel here.

I have my next lowest one that I will be adding the chivalry to, depending on how this one turns out.

Thanks

Attachments

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think you need to save a few training points (5ish?) to account for rounding in the UO-CAH planner. Just for your information.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you need to save a few training points (5ish?) to account for rounding in the UO-CAH planner. Just for your information.
I put what was left into intelligence and man. will lower those as needed

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Have you used a magery pet? Chiv is much better.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I have been looking over posts on the training of the bane dragons. I have a few of them and was wondering on some builds and cant seem to pull the trigger. I did try this on one when the new taming came out and messed him up. Good thing is that he went wild and then disappeared. That was the best one as i recall. So I figured I would start with the worst one now.

BANE After points
This is what I was going to go for. I will use him for PvE. I was not going to go for chivalry on this one. Any thoughts or suggestions from anyone experience is greatly appreciated. I do not want to reinvent the wheel here.

I have my next lowest one that I will be adding the chivalry to, depending on how this one turns out.

Thanks
The best person in the game to talk to you about Bane training is @Donavon. Frankly, I would not finalize the bane unltil after you talk to him. He is very nice and he may be willing to help you make him one of the best pets in the game. You may need to re-allocate some points here and there.
Also if you let us know how the Bane does, it will help those of us who still have untrained Banes. The Chiv/AI all 120 that I have really rocks the boat..hehe. Afraid to mention damage here due to nerf fear. Just enough to say they are awesome, and the other fear with these, is going wild in the new mini event uneven terrains. If they go wild, you will have to have lots of pple beat it down to 10% life (submission), before you have a chance to tame the ferocious beast lol, and in the process of course they could easily kill it accidentally..hehe what fun for a 120'd 1plat priced Bane.o_O:cursing:

Donavon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Good evening Zamot, If you are shoting for a caster bane your spec seems pretty solid.. If you would like to explore other paths post a read out of the base bane before any changes and we can explore that.. If you have any questions let me know and I would be more then happy to meet you on test or talk shop back and forth to insure you are pleased with your banes final form.. . The main thing is to not be in a hurry and make many copies to test to see how you like the feel of the pet and how it works with your current play style.. Just let me know if I can aid you in anyway.. until then have a grand evening =^-^=

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
image_2020-12-02_202428.png
this is the starting stats for this Bane.

My question for starting would be. Should I just leave magery or should I go with magery mastery? I have a vollem that has magery mastery and that thing is great for pirates and merchant ships. I really dont have a pet that is good for spawns I was considering this one for that purpose.

Thanks for any iput or suggestions

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For spawning, i'd prefer a FWW+PB Najasaurus. Those still have the highest AoE damage output of any pet in game.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
View attachment 114256
this is the starting stats for this Bane.

My question for starting would be. Should I just leave magery or should I go with magery mastery? I have a vollem that has magery mastery and that thing is great for pirates and merchant ships. I really dont have a pet that is good for spawns I was considering this one for that purpose.

Thanks for any iput or suggestions
Magery mastery is not very good at all, esp for Banes, unless they are just for PvP.

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
I have both a Magery/AI/Exploding Goo Bane and a Chiv/AI Bane. Both have uses depending on what you are doing. However, if you're going to go the magery/AI route, which I would recommend based on the base level of your bane. You would be hard pressed to do a proper chiv/ai build with the points you have to spend. I would HIGHLY recommend adding Exploding Goo to your build, also you need to max out hp Regen. Lose some of your hit points, a bane has special innate abilities, as long as you feed your bane stew, one of which will negate a lot of incoming damage.
The Exploding goo is fantastic for spawns, the AI will help with the boss and it's poison effect will keep damage flying out.

I'm not familiar with magery mastery but I think for a spawn pet it will not do what you're hoping it will do.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
@celticus Is Magery Mastery good for a PvP pet? I thought Necromage was better for PvP?
MM would be ok with some pets, but not Banes. I don't use MM pets but it is my understanding that MM pet will cast "protection" on itself, thus decreasing one of its resists. Also MM pets do not cast "Bless" on itself, which plain magery do, thus depriving the pet of more power, str and hps. Also, if you want a spawn pet I would much rather build a Naja with Poison, Poison breath and Frenzied Whirlwind that gives passive Ninjitsu, bring Ninjitsu to 120, and this way you made an awesome Spawn pet.
Najasaurus price = Free, anyone can get one, easily : Get a 2 slot one by t he way.
Bane Dragon = About 700 Meg to 1.4 Billion Uo gold now days. Irreplaceable pet, not a though away, like Naja can be.
These two pets are so good in their own way, I do not want to say much about them since there has been a Nerf epidemic in the past, on and off. Sometimes the Devs get the nerf ideas from posts like these..

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
MM would be ok with some pets, but not Banes. I don't use MM pets but it is my understanding that MM pet will cast "protection" on itself, thus decreasing one of its resists. Also MM pets do not cast "Bless" on itself, which plain magery do, thus depriving the pet of more power, str and hps. Also, if you want a spawn pet I would much rather build a Naja with Poison, Poison breath and Frenzied Whirlwind that gives passive Ninjitsu, bring Ninjitsu to 120, and this way you made an awesome Spawn pet.
Najasaurus price = Free, anyone can get one, easily : Get a 2 slot one by t he way.
Bane Dragon = About 700 Meg to 1.4 Billion Uo gold now days. Irreplaceable pet, not a though away, like Naja can be.
These two pets are so good in their own way, I do not want to say much about them since there has been a Nerf epidemic in the past, on and off. Sometimes the Devs get the nerf ideas from posts like these..
I have 3 banes left, I trained the best one I had at the beginning of the pet revamp and it went wild and I lost it. I have held off on the training of the remaining ones due to not being able to replace them. I do take them out to fight on occasion and they are fully trained in the available skills(before the revamp). I will try the Naja for a spawning pet. I am attempting an odd build with an iron beetle because I am bored,

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
I have 3 banes left, I trained the best one I had at the beginning of the pet revamp and it went wild and I lost it. I have held off on the training of the remaining ones due to not being able to replace them. I do take them out to fight on occasion and they are fully trained in the available skills(before the revamp). I will try the Naja for a spawning pet. I am attempting an odd build with an iron beetle because I am bored,
Its extremely sad that you lost a Bane to the "wild" thing. Esp if you scrolled it and trained it. Tell this to some of our posters in the forum that believe that the "wild" thing is ok and should not be fixed. The getting lost thing makes us feel it was our fault, did not feed, LOS etc etc. That is all bs. It should fixed, it sucks majorly. It is a grave oversight, and a sign of negligence by the administration. Nowdays no pet, esp. trained pet should go wild under any circumstances, for whatever reason. There are other ways to deal with afk farming, and no-one with a trained and scrolled pet would do that anyway, and if afk and unattended they could also get their account actioned against, even banned.
I also have a bane that is full scrolled and trained-skilled CHIV/AI and hardly ever use him due to this "wild" concern/possibility. This after spending one to of gold 120 scrolling him. It is a shame.
The other one I got is untrained and is waiting in the stable for things to stabilize.

If you try Naja for spawning, they are great, but get ready that he may be overcome with spawn esp level 4 casters, and if his life looks like down to 50-40%, then go to a relatively quiet area of the spawn, invisi. self log off and log back on super fast, and he will be next to you and out from under the pile of GD, etc. You may get killed in the process if invisi is off by the time you log back on, but worth the risk. Heal him, and then start at the edges of the spawn again. Rinse and repeat. It may not be always possible to have Consume running due to the fact that this breaks invisi and then you get targeted. Would get a Sampire to work with you at the spawn, and maybe a "protector" so you can get more PS. Make sure Naja has a killer AOE like FWW with Ninjitsu to 120, in addition to the weaker AOE Poison Breath, that just acts to aggro everything in the area, so he baits the spawn then acts as a lawn-mower.
GL to you.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Saw a Bane Dragon with Venomous Bite yesterday. I facepalmed :facepalm:. Totally redundant on a Bane Dragon, since they already DP their melee attackers with their innate Poison Skin ability when fed Blackrock Stew. Borked Bane. On top of that, he had it fully 120d. What a waste.

I told the person about it too. He didn't even know that Bane Dragons innately had Poison Skin. He probably just bought the Bane from a RMT site, without knowing the full details about them. Basically "I heard these things are really good, i'll just buy one", without even knowing what exactly makes them good. Once again, :facepalm:.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Yep. They also have "other" specials on them, depending on that invis. mana pool that lasts ~24 hours, similar to defense/offense, and a couple of things we avoid discussing due to the ever present nerf mobile..hehe.
Poison bite was the only special it had? No other skill?