• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quick question about vet

T

talith

Reading the information on stratics about vet, it said that it was not difficulty based, as long as you are healing some damage you have a chance to gain. I was wondering if that was true and if not, what are the best ways to gain vet? Currently i have a system of casting fireball on my pet, then healing the damage, but i was thinking the best way to gain would be to res a pet over and over again. Currently vet is 106.9 and boy is it going slow.

T

talith

Reading the information on stratics about vet, it said that it was not difficulty based, as long as you are healing some damage you have a chance to gain. I was wondering if that was true and if not, what are the best ways to gain vet? Currently i have a system of casting fireball on my pet, then healing the damage, but i was thinking the best way to gain would be to res a pet over and over again. Currently vet is 106.9 and boy is it going slow.

G

It's true. Besides, rezzing takes longer than regular vetting, so you have more chances to gain from regular vetting in a small amount of time.

IMO, the best way to gain vet is to hunt with your pets.

G

It's true. Besides, rezzing takes longer than regular vetting, so you have more chances to gain from regular vetting in a small amount of time.

IMO, the best way to gain vet is to hunt with your pets.

P

Prudentis

<blockquote><hr>

what are the best ways to gain vet?

[/ QUOTE ]
You mean, other than letting your pet fight a shadow elemental and just vetting it for hours?
If this feels like cheating or something to you, than take a greater hiryu and pit it against a swoop. The hiryu has high physical resists and will not die fast, so you can keep healing without much hassle and the swoop should not die to your hiryu because it hast tons of HP, high physical resists and regenerates faster that the hiryu can deal damage.

P

Prudentis

<blockquote><hr>

what are the best ways to gain vet?

[/ QUOTE ]
You mean, other than letting your pet fight a shadow elemental and just vetting it for hours?
If this feels like cheating or something to you, than take a greater hiryu and pit it against a swoop. The hiryu has high physical resists and will not die fast, so you can keep healing without much hassle and the swoop should not die to your hiryu because it hast tons of HP, high physical resists and regenerates faster that the hiryu can deal damage.

G

Or just go kill stuff with your pet.I hadta lock my vet because of all the gains.I found no problems raising above 100-110 or higher.Actually hadta turn it back down to GM to finish my template.For me....actually hunting instead of wasting time on a shadow ely proved easy.I feel like I didn`t even "work" vet.

G

Just hunt with your pet. You can spar pets together for gains, I did that when I wanted my new kits to train up before we went out, but normal hunting is much better. At least you're not bored silly and you're getting the loot too.

Wenchy

P

Prudentis

And keep in mind, you are in the tamer forum.
Any skill going faster than a snake with arthritis going up a slope is lightning fast compared to taming.

G

LOL. Yeah, that's very true. But vet is still a good skill to train in the field. Or go to Moonglow and res all the swampies that get squitted by the spawn

Wenchy