• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quick question about POF

Gidge

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It has always been my understanding that you POF a piece before you imbue it as you can't POF it afterwards only repair correct?

And also imbuing in no way can removed or reduce the durability.

So lets say I have a katana that I have POF to 255/255 and then I imbue it with reptile slayer, it will maintain the 255/255 correct?

Thank you! :)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So lets say I have a katana that I have POF to 255/255 and then I imbue it with reptile slayer, it will maintain the 255/255 correct?
Correct. POF Before imbue.

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ok I had a bow that I imbued a slayer property on it. The bow was pof beforehand yet after imbuing, the durability went back to where it was. There was also the name of the crafter on the bow that was lost. Does anyone know why?

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Ok I had a bow that I imbued a slayer property on it. The bow was pof beforehand yet after imbuing, the durability went back to where it was. There was also the name of the crafter on the bow that was lost. Does anyone know why?
I can't remember is the bow we reforged first though but since it had elemental damage I assume it did.

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
One more thing about the bow. I was not the original craftier or the bow but only imbued it. There was the name of the original maker on it but after I imbued the slayer property, the name was lost.

Toranaga

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
i think the person who asked me to imbue the bow thought I might have done something tricky. When she gave it to me, it had the exact same properties like 20 stam leech, 30 mana drain, 40 velocity, 70/20 fire damage. She said she pof it but I seriously didn't look at that when I had it but believed she did. I could only imbue the slayer property on it due to the intensity. It would take a lot of runics to recreate a bow with those exact stats not to mention getting one with 70/20 fire damage alone. I don't see how anyone would waste millions in gold burning runics just to switch an exact same bow because they wanted one that was pof. I spent hours on the test center trying to recreate it and have not been able too so I will have to contact UO.