• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Questions regarding the state of rares collecting

D

DVI

Its been some time since I've been a consistently active player, and I'm considering returning. That being the case I would appreciate any vets willing to take the time to update my on the current state of rares collecting and uo in general. Thank you! HI TOMAS!

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well, in a nut shell:

1. It has been pretty quite on continuous supply of duped rares since the last big ban little over a year ago.

2. The usual suspected vendors are not showing anything new except their left over supplies.

3. EA Mythic took 25 or so of the more duped items and made them replicas that spawnes on champs now.

4. The new EM season 7 started over the holidays by them showing up on their respective shards to greet players and on occassion pass out a greeting sash.

5. We are now in the midst of a new EM arc with Valentine weekend being the first item-related events across all shards.

6. currently, Alecetis's collection (whats left of it) is for sale.

7. You still get the occassional item here and there for sale.

8. There hasn't been a Rares Festival since you left :(

9. Collectors wise, somoe older veterans have left but new collectors are emerging.

Thats about it.

D

DVI

hrm, well manti that isnt exactly inspiring news.

i still feel i would like to try and return, how many old collectors are still around? if i were to resurrect the rares festival do you think there would still be a strong interest?

N

NewThunder

EA made a statement about trying to ensure that all that participated in events recieved items given out, or that the rewards for Events be non items, like names on plaques and things of that nature.

D

DVI

do you mean that in regards to player run events, or all uo run events?

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if i were to resurrect the rares festival do you think there would still be a strong interest?
Haha i think we could get a few people interested, good to see you are still alive Aspen.

[Treasure Trove] Mall [Atlantic]

D

DVI

Good to see you too Ath! I figured it was past due that I pop up on ATL again. Having a few technical problems with my main computer. That should be taken care of presently, and then i'll be back, god knows if i have anything left though, heh.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Aspen.

Can we look forward to one of your surveys? *winks*

D

DVI

haha he sure does. hes as grouchy as ever it would seem. Its good to see you still hear Chaosy