• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Questions on the Conjurer`s Trinket Slayer Property

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello there everyone.

1. As far as anyone knows, does the Conjurer`s Trinket's Undead Slayer property stack with an Undead Slayer weapon?

2. As far as anyone knows, does the Conjurer`s Trinket's Undead Slayer property subject me to extra damage to reptiles (per the "opposite slayer" thing) the way carrying an Undead Slayer weapon would? (And yes that particular feature does still work, at least as of a few years ago.)

-Galen's player

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello there everyone.

1. As far as anyone knows, does the Conjurer`s Trinket's Undead Slayer property stack with an Undead Slayer weapon?

2. As far as anyone knows, does the Conjurer`s Trinket's Undead Slayer property subject me to extra damage to reptiles (per the "opposite slayer" thing) the way carrying an Undead Slayer weapon would? (And yes that particular feature does still work, at least as of a few years ago.)

-Galen's player
Isn't the opposite of Undead repond? Seems like I remember the poly to orc form against a dexxer with undead slayer as the open gateway to doubling your spell damage back in the day.

X

Xel Naga

Isn't the opposite of Undead repond? Seems like I remember the poly to orc form against a dexxer with undead slayer as the open gateway to doubling your spell damage back in the day.
Yes the opposite is repond.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, you are both right, it's Repond.

Documentation is here:
http://www.uo.com/fof/fiveonfriday56.html

Questions still stand though....Anyone know?

-Galen's player

EDIT: In fact, given that summoned Orc Brutes are used in PvP sometimes, and how often PvP fighting occurs in Despise (ratmen are both Repond and Vermin) it makes my question 2 even more critical.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, you are both right, it's Repond.

Documentation is here:
http://www.uo.com/fof/fiveonfriday56.html

Questions still stand though....Anyone know?

-Galen's player

EDIT: In fact, given that summoned Orc Brutes are used in PvP sometimes, and how often PvP fighting occurs in Despise (ratmen are both Repond and Vermin) it makes my question 2 even more critical.
Connor would be the man to answer regarding stacking damage, I still dont have either of these items.

And yes you will definitely have to be just as careful with totems as you are with weapons in PvP situations. Um, not to be trite, but KR has a fantastic fast dressing macro that might be of benefit if, say, you were working a spawn with this equipped and needed to unequip it in favor of something else in short order.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I too am curious. What's the drawback as far as PvP??
I would just LOooVE :love: the 10hci.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I too am curious. What's the drawback as far as PvP??
I would just LOooVE :love: the 10hci.
Scenario 1. I raid Despise. I have one of those things on. Ratmen are Repond as well as Vermin. I get ratman-owned, because of the double damage.

Scenario 2. I'm fighting someone. He brings in one of those charmed or summoned ogre lords or orc brutes. I get owned, because those are Repond too.

-Galen's player

5% Luck

When they put enemy of one in, the slayer opposing groups went out. The EoO damage went in though. It was thought that a damage increase from opposing monsters for EoO and slayer weps would end up staking and making slayers and EoO unviable

R

RedDaTeef

Ya as far as I remeber hearing, those opposite slayer rules no longer apply.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
5% Luck & RedDaTeef:

They were disabled around the time of the 2nd or 3rd publish of Age of Shadows,

BUT...

They were reinstated around the release of Mondain's Legacy. I had to retire my Undead/Repond double slayer from the old Haven Paladin quest, as a result.

There's been several times where I've been smacked by opposing monsters for almost double my hit points, since they were reactivated.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still confused with PvP though. If I have an undead Slayer tali, and my enemy is in lich form or vamp, do I suffer extra damage to myself as well as he getting xtra damage from my undead slayer tali? (forget about pets for now, I get that part.)

This FoF statement still baffles me.......
"However, a player in an undead form will NOT do more damage to an opponent using Repond. (That is incorrect. Players in undead form WILL do extra damage to an opponent using an undead slayer weapon.)"

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Opposing slayers do hurt you more. Take a Soul Seeker(Repond slayer) and go hunt liches(undead). They'll whack you hard.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still confused with PvP though. If I have an undead Slayer tali, and my enemy is in lich form or vamp, do I suffer extra damage to myself as well as he getting xtra damage from my undead slayer tali? (forget about pets for now, I get that part.)

This FoF statement still baffles me.......
"However, a player in an undead form will NOT do more damage to an opponent using Repond. (That is incorrect. Players in undead form WILL do extra damage to an opponent using an undead slayer weapon.)"
She apparently meant to say " Players in undead form WILL do extra damage to an opponent using an Repond slayer weapon."

If you have an Undead slayer weapon, you should be doing extra damage to players in Undead form. If you have an Undead slayer weapon, and a player summons an Orc Brute or an Ogre Lord, that Orc Brute or Ogre Lord should do extra damage to you.

I tested a Conjurer's Ticket yesterday....Seems as though Ettins and Ratmen were doing extra damage to me.

Crap.

I may have to carry 2 Talismans....An extra 10% HCI may be too much to pass up. And if they summon an Orc Brute, or if I'm fighting in Despise, I'll just switch out I guess? We'll see.

-Galen's player

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Master Knighthawk, sir,

If I might be so bold as to suggest something from the cellars to complement your hunting accoutrements. Its a late bottled vintage with a keen edge.

I present A Primer on Arms Damage Removal, from the factions collection, +10 HCI included.

Would sir care to smell the bottle cap?

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Master Knighthawk, sir,

If I might be so bold as to suggest something from the cellars to complement your hunting accoutrements. Its a late bottled vintage with a keen edge.

I present A Primer on Arms Damage Removal, from the factions collection, +10 HCI included.

Would sir care to smell the bottle cap?
I love Factions, and would certainly love to benefit from the awesome bone Factioners have been given. Indeed, I was Commanding Lord of TB on LS for some months, not too long ago.

Circumstances I'd rather not get into, not in the mood for the inevitable flame war today, forced me from Factions and soured me on Factions generally.

But yeah, Factions is awesome, I'd love to still be in it, and not only for that item, but that item does make me f_____g drool!!!

-Galen's player

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good questions - I'm on it.
Sadly, Jeremy is, under unclear circumstances, no longer affiliated with UO.

So, let me convey the results of my own testing. Consider this, J., my own tribute to you, assuming this post is not removed.

From my own testing:

1. Damage from the Undead Slayer property on the talisman does NOT stack with an Undead Slayer weapon.

2. You do appear to take extra damage from Reponds while wearing the talisman.

Others are testing this as we speak.

-Galen's player