• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Questions I never dared to ask....

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi,
although I am playing this game from the beginning (break from 02 - 06) I have always had questions about some more or less common items (in particular where they come from, if and how they can still be obtained).

I know none of the items I am talking about are prolly rare, so excuse my post here. But I thought that I will find the right people here to answer my questions.

I don´t want to sell any items and make pixel money, I am only very interested in the history of items.

So if anyone could answer any (or all :) ) of my questions I would be very grateful:

1) Glacial Staffs: I have some from IDOCS but dont know where they come from and if they still can be obtained. I think I remember something about Ice snakes dropping them?

2) Origami Paper and Objects: as far as I know fan dancers have a small chance of dropping the paper. Can you make the objects out of the paper? And if yes, any skill needed? Or do the objects (f.e. fish, butterfly, etc) drop on fan dancers as well?

3) Communication Crystals: I still have some from the old days. Still obtainable? Somewhat rare now?

4) Golden Boxes/Strong Boxes: again I have some Golden Boxes and some Strong Boxes from IDOCS. Where do they come from? Can they still be gotten somehow?

5) An orcish bow: think they came from an orc scenario years ago. Still drop?

6) Empty Tub: where are they from? Can they be gotten/crafted (dont think so)?

7) Brown deed saying "A Note for Zoel": any idea?

8) "newbiefied" things: I still have a ton of clothing, regs, bandies, fishing poles and tools that came from old newbie chars. Does "newbified" still exist?
I guess they still are, cause I dont seem to ever lose my scissors/daggers. Can they still be gotten?

9) "A magic (insert weapon name here)": what are they? Seem to have no special mods.

10) "A magic flute": when double clicked plays the "BOD turn in sound". Any idea?

11) "Scroll with ancient Markings", "Scroll of Abraxus" and strange coloured "Mark Scroll": Where from? Still obtainable?

12) "An enchanted sextant" (gives direction to closest moongate and bank). Where from?

13) "Bottle of liquour": yellowish blaze colour. Again where from?

14) "Bones" and "An unknown ....... skellett" (both containers I think). Where from? Still obtainable?

15) glacial "dagger": event item?

16) "bucket of water": is this the old (monthly?) rare just filled with water? Still obtainable?

17) a redish/bloody "executioners axe": where from?

I know I am asking for a lot here, but any answers would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Aris of Europa

T

Teufel_Hund

1) Glacial Staffs: I have some from IDOCS but dont know where they come from and if they still can be obtained. I think I remember something about Ice snakes dropping them?
Loot from Ice Serpents I believe

3) Communication Crystals: I still have some from the old days. Still obtainable? Somewhat rare now?
Can't buy these anymore but really not that rare

4) Golden Boxes/Strong Boxes: again I have some Golden Boxes and some Strong Boxes from IDOCS. Where do they come from? Can they still be gotten somehow?
Two kinds one is the 125 count these come from IDOCs of Customized houses that have items in the storage crate. The second is the 25 ct Strongbox from back in the day when you could place a strongbox in someone elses house if you were a freind. There was an exploit to get these out of the house.

16) "bucket of water": is this the old (monthly?) rare just filled with water? Still obtainable?
No longer obtainable I believe 2-3 million

Luna Guard axes I believe no longer obtainable as well I believe

J

Juicy Fruit

1) Glacial Staffs: Ice serpants (should still spawn)

2) Origami Paper and Objects: Dojo, Fan dancers - still spawn

3) Communication Crystals: can Still buy them

4) Golden Boxes/Strong Boxes: Tons out there, not sure if they fixed it how you get them or not

Correct and no

8) "newbiefied" things: I still have a ton of clothing, regs, bandies, fishing poles and tools that came from old newbie chars. Does "newbified" still exist?
I guess they still are, cause I dont seem to ever lose my scissors/daggers. Can they still be gotten?
No

9) "A magic (insert weapon name here)": Should be old school unidentifed weapons

10) "A magic flute": when double clicked plays the "BOD turn in sound". Any idea? From the hag quest, she gives it to you to find her helper, just dont complete quest (not sure if they fixed it on not)

11) "Scroll with ancient Markings", "Scroll of Abraxus" and strange coloured "Mark Scroll": Where from? Still obtainable?

12) "An enchanted sextant" Young player reward, from a young player reward ticket - not sure

13) "Bottle of liquour": Called a firebomb aka "motave cocktail" use an oil cloth on anything with liquour

14) "Bones" and "An unknown ....... skellett" (both containers I think). Should be able to get the named one off ant lions in the ant holes

17) a redish/bloody "executioners axe": where from? Old bug of killing umbra guards

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
tried to fill in some of the blanks for ya

Hi,
although I am playing this game from the beginning (break from 02 - 06) I have always had questions about some more or less common items (in particular where they come from, if and how they can still be obtained).

I know none of the items I am talking about are prolly rare, so excuse my post here. But I thought that I will find the right people here to answer my questions.

I don´t want to sell any items and make pixel money, I am only very interested in the history of items.

So if anyone could answer any (or all :) ) of my questions I would be very grateful:

2) Origami Paper and Objects: as far as I know fan dancers have a small chance of dropping the paper. Can you make the objects out of the paper? And if yes, any skill needed? Or do the objects (f.e. fish, butterfly, etc) drop on fan dancers as well? still available, and I think in order to make the frog (?) you need to be drunk :)

6) Empty Tub: where are they from? Can they be gotten/crafted (dont think so)?

7) Brown deed saying "A Note for Zoel": any idea?

I guess they still are, cause I dont seem to ever lose my scissors/daggers. Can they still be gotten? if you got them newbified, then yes, they still are, they don't ever lose that property

9) "A magic (insert weapon name here)": what are they? Seem to have no special mods.hope I have this right..... when the switch was made to put item properties on, for a short time items said " a magic ___ " and some never made the switch completely.... hope someone has more info on this one for you

10) "A magic flute": when double clicked plays the "BOD turn in sound". Any idea? sounds like the one from the Hag Quest, and yes, you can still get it

11) "Scroll with ancient Markings", "Scroll of Abraxus" and strange coloured "Mark Scroll": Where from? Still obtainable?Scroll of Abraxus" was from either the paladin or necro quest... neither quest exists anymore

12) "An enchanted sextant" (gives direction to closest moongate and bank). Where from?was given to new players, clicking tells nearest bank and moongate, I think

13) "Bottle of liquour": yellowish blaze colour. Again where from?craftable

14) "Bones" and "An unknown ....... skellett" (both containers I think). Where from? Still obtainable?

15) glacial "dagger": event item?

I know I am asking for a lot here, but any answers would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Aris of Europa

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its been awhile since I thought about most of these, so if I'm off a bit please forgive me, but I hope this helps in some manner. Good luck with it all *smiles*

1)Drop from Ice Serpents (Still spawns)

2) Drop from Fan Dancers (Still Spawns)

3) Still purchasable from NPC Jewelers last I checked

4) Pretty numerous. Don't know if there is a current method to obtain one.

5) Yes still drop from Orc Scouts last I checked.

6) Gotten from most NPCS stables. Used to beable to fill, empty and then the tub would be able to be picked up. Have not tested this recently.

7) Pretty sure current quest item. Seen recently on a vendor 50k

8) As far as I know characters still have newbied items, but with item insurance available and Trammel may not be as in demand as they were in the old days.

9) Unidentified Weapons. Be careful when locking these down, putting on vendors.. anyone using item id can ruin it.

10) From imp quest. Can still do quest, not sure if you can still cancel and keep the flute.

11) First two Old Haven Quests as I recall. Not sure if still obtainable, third one if it's gold-colored it is from marking runes in trammel or something as I recall.

12) Newbie Item (Along with Horn of Retreat)

13) Using oil cloths on the bottle, still makeable last I checked. They are essentially fire bombs and exploded when dbl-click and thrown. Dbl-check that they are still makeable and then have fun!

14) The first one isn't, the second still spawns on ant lions.

15) If its glacial colored and looks like a dagger.. might be an older "duper item" (Probably best to post a picture)

16) No longer spawns. Careful when filling with water.. used to drop to your feet.

17) From Killing Umbra guards . Still obtainable to the best of my knowledge.

arkanos

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you all for your helpful answers!
Tbh I did not expect anyone taking so much time to answer questions about such trivial items.
My oppinion about rares collectors/dealers is muuuuuch better now :).
Thanks again!

Aris of Europa