• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Questions about Sigils

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I steal the sigils from TB and they say: The Sigil has been corrupted by True Britiannias. This Sigil is not in the process of being Corrupted.

So If SL holds a sigil that was corrupted by TB for an hour, that resets the timer or does the sigil become corrupted by SL.

I

imported_Willow30

The way I understand it is that you have to hold those for 10 hours to have them corrupt. In the meantime TB can come in and take those again and just place them in town as they are already corrupted by TB.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
correct.
once the sigil says that it has been corrupted by a faction you have to hold it for 10 hour to get it to reset.

BEFORE a sigil is corupted to a faction, if you where to sneak into a faction base and steal a sigil that was not yet corupted, you would need to hold it for 15 minutes to reset it to stop that factions 10 hour hold timer.

(you can watch the bottom line of the sigil gump, when you steal it it will say "this sigil is in the process of being corrupted" after it has been 'POPED' for the 15 minute time it will say "this sigil is NOT in the process of being corrupted"

I

imported_Tina Small

Are those TB guys getting lazy about putting the sigils back in town, Arabella?

Tsk tsk.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the help. On Saturday, I stole 2 sigils and they said that they were corrupted by TB, and when I placed them on the pedstal at the base, they changed to corrupted by Shadow Lords, which allowed me to place them on the town post. That is why I am so confused.

Yea Tina, they get the sigils and guard them for a bit then leave the base wide open. When I get up in the morning I stealth in there and steal em back, not much of a defender with my theif, but I do pester em alot. Dont want em to get to big headed! LOL.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

Thank you for the help. On Saturday, I stole 2 sigils and they said that they were corrupted by TB, and when I placed them on the pedstal at the base, they changed to corrupted by Shadow Lords, which allowed me to place them on the town post. That is why I am so confused.

Yea Tina, they get the sigils and guard them for a bit then leave the base wide open. When I get up in the morning I stealth in there and steal em back, not much of a defender with my theif, but I do pester em alot. Dont want em to get to big headed! LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only situation where that *should* happen is if TB corrupted them, SL stole them and held them for almost 10 hours, TB returned and stole them back, and you recovered them before the grace period was up.

It might be a bug in the messages too, that's not uncommon.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It must of been a bug, I stole them the other day with them being corrputed and they stayed corrupted by TB after holding them for 4 hours TB got them back.

I

imported_Cardell

<blockquote><hr>

It must of been a bug, I stole them the other day with them being corrputed and they stayed corrupted by TB after holding them for 4 hours TB got them back.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only way to 'uncorrupt' the sigils from another faction is to hold them in your base for 10 hours to 'recorrupt' them. So if you only held them for 4 hours then they should NOT have been 'uncorrupted' or reset.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes I know that now, must of been a bug the first time I got them and the converted to SL without being 10 hours.

T

Tink'r Toiz

Sadly, at the moment, if it wasn't for Arabella being, stubb...., uhm, determined, Minax would be controlling the towns. Tinks still tries to cause as much mischief as possible for TB but I have not heard of defenses by TB, planned raids, etc.

My greatest UO faction success came this last week getting a sigil out of Minax with a minimum of, correct me if I am wrong Arabella, 6 to 8 active defenders, entrance bag balled, etc. It took me over an hour of patient tile-by-tile movement and a lot of luck, but it was the greatest feeling to get in, get brit sig, get out and keep away from their active S &amp; D until a single TB came to try to create a distraction (thank you Lone Wolf).

Thank you Arabella for keeping the sigs reset and in play ... at least that gives me a chance at them once in awhile ... altho I hate dying in the SL base... darn steps...

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You did good Tinkz, those pesky minax! You were right about stub.... LOL, it was a good time for all I hope. As a thief, sneaking around and managing to get that sigil out under those opposing factions, is the greatest feeling!

Those steps should be fixed at the next publish!

I

imported_Tina Small

I need to dig out some of my goofy faction screenshots....

I

imported_Galdrion

ok... i usually dont like bringing GL pissing contests to other shards... but this is enough... arrabella you steal them at the crack of dawn and theyre corrupted before anyone in minax is even off from work... good job... and toiz... you cant call sitting in a house while the rest of the faction does all your dirty work "avoiding" us... i mean come on... a week of this crap will you two stop already youre not doing anythign special... not to meantion the fact that the last time TB even stole the sigils from us the thief some how "miraculously" walked over every blocker item- bagballs candelabras hay and slipped out while we sat there baffled by this neat trick

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh Galidron, I am sorry I play at the crack of dawn, truly I am, I am a morning person not a night one. Really you shouldnt come in here whining about something I have seen your guildmates do themselves, walking over bag balls. As far as tinkz and I go we are theives our purpose in factions are to steal the sigils at any time. The purpose of the post are to get some more interest in Factions again, I dont plan on stopping unless I get a flashie from the mod of this forum.

I have alway gave SO props for doing a good job and good fights. Nice push last nite to get in, I was alseep when you all finally got the sigils.

T

Tink'r Toiz

uhm, I don't own a house .... not on this shard and I am only friended to the !BS!guild house no where near your base so, I am sorry, but you have confused me with someone... or perhaps it is the fact that I got into Minax while guarded by 6 to 8 of you, took brit, managed to avoid you, got it out and reset it ... one lonely, pitiful sneakyliltinkerthief played by a real life "granny" .....that has you determined that I hide in a house?

I don't need a house to hide in to avoid enemy faction ...

T

Tink'r Toiz

.....*looks at Arabella* ..... I don't recall either of us saying we were doing anything special.... *stops and thinks*.... nope, I am sure of it! I do believe we were expressing the fact that we love to play factions, we like to figure out ways/times/whatever to get the advantage ... since both of us play solo very often.

*sudden realization strikes her* .... SOMEONE KNOWS WHO I AM! After 7+ years, someone actually knows my characters name .... ohhhhh, darn, there goes the anonymity....*trudges off to harass the people at work* .... cya all tonight after work.... I'll wave from my house window.... oh, crap, that's right ... I don't own a house on this shard ... Arabella, got one I can borrow?

I

imported_Cardell

<blockquote><hr>

ok... i usually dont like bringing GL pissing contests to other shards... but this is enough... arrabella you steal them at the crack of dawn and theyre corrupted before anyone in minax is even off from work... good job... and toiz... you cant call sitting in a house while the rest of the faction does all your dirty work "avoiding" us... i mean come on... a week of this crap will you two stop already youre not doing anythign special... not to meantion the fact that the last time TB even stole the sigils from us the thief some how "miraculously" walked over every blocker item- bagballs candelabras hay and slipped out while we sat there baffled by this neat trick

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hope this isn't an SO? member. Talking trash about house hiding? The second Pip or Cardell is at the gate you guys run the back wall of your house and call for back up. Not one of you guys fight me 1on1 except Deception. You and your miserable guild have zero room to talk. And there is a way to walk over candles and bagballs and it isn't an exploit so don't cry about it. If you really want to cry about that, talk to the Devs about poor coding.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your right Tinkz, I know I have never said I was special or an awesome player. I just play because I am having a blast.

And yes! I do have a house in yew, but it is right behind the pwnt house at the gate, but I will get ya in there to watch them!