• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Questions about Red player, flagging etc.

• Thread starter imported_Lyconis
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Lyconis

I've lived in Felucca since I started playing UO. I've been a pvp noob the entire time, especially after the release of AOS (never got on the buying item band wagon). I don't have much time to play and the flagging quirks change too much for me to keep up with. I'd like some advice on the flagging system how to escape with your mule, basic hit and run tactics, etc etc.

While in felucca if you are blue or green and get attacked by a red are guards supposed to do anything if you call them while in a guard zone?
Is there any catch to it? like you can't attack back? and does that mean if they cast harm on you and you swing your empty hand back does that count as attacking back? Do you have to hit them?

I'd love to find out more about how the flagging system works the quirks to it. Say if you are attacked and attack back can you recall? How does flee work?

How do houses work with flagging? If you are attacked can you run into a house? Can the aggressor run into your house? If you are attacked and attack back (use your pick axe on your opponent) can you run into your house?

Any more info on this would be nifty! Thanks in advance.

G

<blockquote><hr>

While in felucca if you are blue or green and get attacked by a red are guards supposed to do anything if you call them while in a guard zone?
Is there any catch to it? like you can't attack back? and does that mean if they cast harm on you and you swing your empty hand back does that count as attacking back? Do you have to hit them?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are attacked by a red inside a guard zone in Felucca, and you, or an NPC calls the guards, the guards will respond. If you auto-defend against an attack, that does not count as an aggressive act. The guards will kill the person that attacked, whether red, or blue. Just be sure to never wear any armor with the "Reflect Physical" property on it, while in Felucca. The game code applies the "reflect physical" property first, when counting damage dealt. This means that if you are wearing armor that has the "Reflect Physical" property and a red attacks you, any physical damage the red does to you, will have some % reflected back at them, which makes you the agressor/attacker in the game's eye. It's bad coding and maybe one day it will get fixed. It's only been five years since Age of Shadows introduced this armor property.

If you are attacked and attack back, you should still be able to recall and enter your house. It's only when you are the attacker that you're not allowed to recall, or enter your house for two minutes. Defenders have the right to defend, or flee. Attackers don't. Attackers should not be able to enter your house while under the agressor flag. They won't be able to enter your house at all if you have your house set to "Private".

If you are on your mule, and not really looking to fight off an attacker, many people use the "Protection" spell. The "Protection" spell will slow down your casting time, but will prevent an attacker from interrupting your "Recall" spell. This works well, as long as you can survive the few seconds it takes to cast "Recall". The "Protection" spell works like a toggle. You cast it once, and it stays on your character, until you cast it again, which removes the spell.

You can check to see what buff/debuff spells are active on your character by clicking on your status bar on the paperdoll. In the upper left corner of the status bar is a blue gem/dot. Click on that and it will bring up an icon that tells you what spells (buffs/debuffs) are active on that character.

If you are human, you can cast the "Protection" spell from a scroll, or from a spellbook that contains the "Protection" spell in it, along with the proper reagents to cast the spell. If you have 100% Lower Reagent Count on your armor, you won't even need the reagents. Elves can cast the "Protection" spell from a scroll, easily obtainable from any Mage Shop.

Be aware that other players can remove the "Protection" spell from your character, by using a Talisman of Ward Removal. They do this so you can't "Recall" away from their attack. As long as you are vigilant, you should be able to recast the "Protection" spell and "Recall" away.

Occasionally, there are glitches/bugs with the flagging system, but for the most part, the above information should remain true.

I

imported_Lyconis

That explains a lot, even more than what I was asking for thank you!
I do believe its the reflect physical that I saw happen.

Only one last question to clarify
"If you are attacked by a red inside a guard zone in Felucca"
Does this have any quirks?
If you are attacked outside the guard zone then run into the guard zone can you call guards?
Then of course if you are in the guard zone and they attack you from outside (a moongate would be an example if those still have guard zones). Are the aggressors safe from guards?

I think I'll have to play with the reflect physical now to see how mage vs dexer's work.. When on a warrior I tend to attack first as I've found the first person who attacks or is ready has a better chance of staying alive. Perhaps the best thing to do especially with mage shields some reflect.