• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Questions about leviathans

• Thread starter Hulk Hogan
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
H

Hulk Hogan

New to fishing, wanted to make a bard/fisher/mage. Since the leviathan has a barding difficulty of 160, even if I had 120 for all of my bard skills, would it be remotely effective? I'd use my magery together with bard skills, but if I fail every time when using provoke/disco/peace, it would obviously be pointless. Does anyone out there have a bard fisherman? Thanks for your input.

J

Jermosh

You would have to add disco to and hope for a disco on it. But that would mean less space for the other skills. I Solo Levia fine with my Scribe mage:
120 Mage
120 Med
120 EV
100 SW
100 Ins
100 Fishing
80.1 Poison.

I have a decent suit of course.

H

Hulk Hogan

Thanks for your template! Anyone else have any leviathan soloing templates?

H

Hulk Hogan

Yeaaah, I figured I'd end up using my tamer. I just don't want the barding skills of my fisherman to go to waste while I'm fighting the main battles with my tamer. Perhaps I'll have to change my template...

Borric

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeaaah, I figured I'd end up using my tamer. I just don't want the barding skills of my fisherman to go to waste while I'm fighting the main battles with my tamer. Perhaps I'll have to change my template...
Soul stones work great. And even tho levs are real tough to peace, area peace works good. That and a greater makes em a piece of cake.

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You would have to add disco to and hope for a disco on it. But that would mean less space for the other skills. I Solo Levia fine with my Scribe mage:
120 Mage
120 Med
120 EV
100 SW
100 Ins
100 Fishing
80.1 Poison.

I have a decent suit of course.
Isn't this 740.1 points? Wondering how you get over the limit? Equipment bumps?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Probably - I've got a suit made up of ToT stuff, a totem tali, horned runic crafted stuff, and a normal orny, that's 3/6, 100% LRC, 40%+ LMC and all 70s, that has no skill bonus stuff (and on a human, no less).

Elves, on top of this, could wear the Spell-woven Britches (+10 med) but that puts more LRC stress on the rest of the suit.

Theoretically, one can also go with FC & FCR off a spellbook, and get 10 magery off an Alchemists bauble, plus get up to 2/5 by wearing a 1/3 ring (And the 1/3 ring could have skills as well as the 1/3).

Then, there's the Treatise on Alchemy talisman (that gives a magery bonus, right?)

My fisher is a bit nuts; besides that suit, she's (all natural skill)

120 Magery
120 Eval
100 Med
100 Fishing /100 Inscription / 100 Tactics / 100 Resist (3 of the 4 at any given time)
80 Chivalry

And uses either a Water Elemental Slayer Scrappers, or a SC mage weapon archery weapons (of various slayer types), as the situation requires (and switches to +magery jewelry with LRC and some FCR, giving up the FC, when using the bow). Damage per second, with the Chivalry & tactics, typically exceeds what she does with spells (even with inscription), when helping at peerless and Ilshenar/Malas champs (plus she has two EVs or Earth Eles slugging in as well when using the bow).