• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Question

B

bigpapi

UOGuide says valorite enhanced armor gets +50 duraiblity. Does that mean i only have to POF to ~200?

Also, do i run a big risk of failing if i use a +60 ASH? OR should i just used forged tools to be safe? Reason i ask is all of my suits i have made to this point have been leather... so i have had to use forged tools. If ASH will work just as well (with 120 BS of course), i would rather save those charges if possible

Thanks!

Krinkle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is always a risk in losing any item to enhancing unless you use the forge tool. The +60 ash will not make the attempt automatic in any way.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOGuide says valorite enhanced armor gets +50 duraiblity. Does that mean i only have to POF to ~200?

Also, do i run a big risk of failing if i use a +60 ASH? OR should i just used forged tools to be safe? Reason i ask is all of my suits i have made to this point have been leather... so i have had to use forged tools. If ASH will work just as well (with 120 BS of course), i would rather save those charges if possible

Thanks!
Actually, you only need to do it like to 178, it's +50% not +50.

Yes, even as a gargoyle with a +60 ASH and 120 real skill, you will fail a lot when enhancing.

B

bigpapi

Thanks for the replies guys... i will prob just use the tool to be safe then. Just wanted to make sure the ASH wasnt automatic. Off hand, is there anything posted what the rough sucess/failure rate is with an ASH? No big deal if not

Thanks