• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

question:

I

iddqd

what do most people think is the most overpowered of the many, many, MANY poorly (if even at all) tested things UO has had implemented.

heres a list of some: 4fc, uncapped sdi, uncapped ai's, archery, bushido, rune beetles/greater dragons (aint seen the dragons yet, but i can imagine), HL spam.

for mine, i think 4 fc was the worst. a 4fc mage with 40+ sdi was unstoppable and would own any of the other overpowered templates/items, in my opinion

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the greater dragons are. something that can take approx half ur health in 1 hit is to over powered, especially when u have 70s resist.

F

Fink

I think the greater dragons are. something that can take approx half ur health in 1 hit is to over powered, especially when u have 70s resist.
I think those were also just a lazy inclusion. No thought gone into it beyond "hey, let's give them pet paragon dragons!".

There are better ways to throw a bone (hyuk hyuk) to the tamers. Take a once popular/powerful, now neglected, legacy pet like the White Wyrm. Add Chivalry to its skill repertoire, test/tweak to suit. There's something new without adding stupid-thousand-hp firebreath or one/two-hit killing ability.

Give regular dogs Tracking! - Useful for sniffing out elite ninjas or orc scouts
Gorillas with Stealing! - Imagine being mugged by a great ape..
Parrots with Eval Int! - Makes disparaging comments toward stupid people.
...aaand so forth.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think those were also just a lazy inclusion. No thought gone into it beyond "hey, let's give them pet paragon dragons!".

There are better ways to throw a bone (hyuk hyuk) to the tamers. Take a once popular/powerful, now neglected, legacy pet like the White Wyrm. Add Chivalry to its skill repertoire, test/tweak to suit. There's something new without adding stupid-thousand-hp firebreath or one/two-hit killing ability.

Give regular dogs Tracking! - Useful for sniffing out elite ninjas or orc scouts
...aaand so forth.
Where you get your ideas from I will never know...

K

Katlene

Probably best if we never find out.
may have to kill us and use us for spare body parts

I

iddqd

yeah wod/ai was stupid. youre right, that is worse than 4fc, because at least if you both had 4fc there would be a fight - 2 people with wod/ai is just a dice-off.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The ability to spam disarm, dp, dp, dp, dp, bleed, dp, dp, dp, dp, AI. One can only pot so much :cursing:

Nox dexers are my worst fear atm :( unless its ghost or troppo, who dun know how to play them properly

I

iddqd

if youre blue you should have no issues with a nox dexer - 20 points of chiv means you cast the chiv remove poison, which is essentially instant as well as remove curse. even as a red you can have enough karma to use chiv spells for a bit - i have chiv on my nox dexer for the healing and dp removal - though as it has necro as well its hard to keep karma levels up.

no so far i put it at wod/ai, then 4fc then overstrength pets

D

Dain

You need more then 20 chiv to cure DP/LP now. You fail a lot unless you have atleast 45 now.

WOD/AI is the worst in my opinion.

Pet's aren't 'THAT' big a problem, concus pot or area peace and the character is useless.

HL Spam is great :D

Cornelious FTW!

I

iddqd

HL spam was godlike for about 3 weeks - corn was rocking like 5/6 fc/fcr and there was no pause between the hls - he had a suite with 40lmc and something like 14 mr and would just send this constant stream of damage down on his target, it was horrific.

then, rightly, they nerfed it.

corn has been bitter about it since.

S

Sunrise

...aaand so forth.

I love the parrot one the Best!!!

But seriously..what about LRC suits? Mages are never weighted down. They can get rezed and keep on fighting. They never run out of regs..They DONT have to go out and find or buy regs or loot them either..

I

iddqd

nah, lrc suits can be more harmful and useful for the wearer. an lrc suit with the necessary other stats (hci/dci, lmc, mr etc) are VERY VERY hard to come by, as they need perfect pieces all across the board, so the vast majority of wearers make costly sacrifices to enjoy the benefit of not needing regs.

stupidtram

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pet's are no way near over-powered anymore.

You can no longer bola and run in animal form summoning a runey/bake.

Only 1v1 are the dismount runey/bake combination deadly. If you outnumber and u die to pets, then you're a moron.

Greater dragons totally suck for pvp, i don't know why people think they rock. They may hit hard, but they are so slow that it makes them utterly useless for pvp, nor do they have corruption. Greater dragons are just good for taking hits in pvm, their damage doesn't out-do a chiv dexer. Runey/Bake has the speed, and greater damage output, making them way deadlier. Then again a dismount tamer vs an experienced mage won't stand much chance if they can't hide behind other meatshields.

I'd have to say the most over-powered template ever was WOD/AI, followed by bush archers that crit for 90+, swinging at 1.25-1.5. Evasion was absolutely stupid as well. To this day i still remember that lame kover with the god-like elven compy, who thought his 93hp crits was skilled and justified. He used to whinge when i'd e field his ass - his own stupid fault for not having resist.

I still think lrc is a bit lame, because it makes people effectively ebolt meatshield cannons, but it's not exactly like it's over-powered. Maybe they should of thought about LRC a bit better, and maybe capped it at 70 to 80%.

I

iddqd

haha yeah bushido crits were a joke.

i found evasion to be irritating but nothing more - it made a mage very difficult to kill, but that was about it, all i hated about it was watching avenger parry that last killing spell every damn time after being dominated yet again. though the evasion with the healing while running AND the nerve strikes that basically gave mages dexer-like melee damage (with a parablow thrown in) was a bit much.

jesus there were more of these things than i thought, goddamn they get monkeys to design content for this game. seriously, have ANY of them actually pvp'd in this game?