• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question regarding tamer race

S

ShaunOfPac

I have an old tamer on Lake Superior, just spent a day working his skills and hes at 97.4 tame and 112.7 lore, with jewelry 116.3 tame and 120 lore. Are there any bonuses to converting him into an elf? If so, what?

B

burnttrees

you can tame extra creatures and also be able to ride them i think elfs are the only ones that can tame th cy sidhe and ride it

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Correct, only an Elf can tame a Cu, but a human can ride one with Pads of the Cu that do drop in ishy upon killing monsters. Being an elf does get you more mana (20) but do you loose being able to carry as much weight as before as a human.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shaun, the quest to go from human to elf is very easy. With a tamer, you would also find the elf to human quest quite manageable. You can do the quests multiple times.

If you plan to do a lot of hunting to build up your gold supply and don't plan to tame cu sidhe or to do tons of peerless hunts, I recommend you leave the character human for the ability to carry more weight. Something else you might care about is what your headpiece looks like as a human versus as an elf if you're using the 2D client. I believe in KR there is no difference in how headpieces look on human or elf characters.