• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discordance] Question regarding Bard template

V

Vacuous

Hi,

I need some help regarding my template.

My bard has: 120 provocation, 100 magery, 100 eval, 100 meditation, 100 resist, 100 music, 100 discordance. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to drop meditation from 100 to 80 and have 120 discorance instead? And perhaps drop resist to 80 and have 120 magery. Will I have a hard time staying alive?

Any thoughts?

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
are ya running just straight bard skills or are you using masteries?

if your running masteries then you need to get your music and disco up to 120 real.
im assuming your doing pvm and not pvp, yes?

if thats the case then resists is useless.
you can have 120 resist and your still gonna get paralyzed by a imp.
youd do better to stone off the resist and just pick up a trap box for 100 gold in game.
that will free up 100 points and enable you to top up music and disco and crank up your med to a usable level.

if you use direct damage spells for magery then you need higher eval.
higher magic is only needed if you use high level spells and dont wanna fail.
but the eval is what adds the 'stank' to how hard the spells hit.

if you DONT run direct damage spells then you dont need evel.
if you DO and you only use ebolts and such then you dont need magic above 100-110.

hope some of that helps.

V

Vacuous

are ya running just straight bard skills or are you using masteries?

if your running masteries then you need to get your music and disco up to 120 real.
im assuming your doing pvm and not pvp, yes?

if thats the case then resists is useless.
you can have 120 resist and your still gonna get paralyzed by a imp.
youd do better to stone off the resist and just pick up a trap box for 100 gold in game.
that will free up 100 points and enable you to top up music and disco and crank up your med to a usable level.

if you use direct damage spells for magery then you need higher eval.
higher magic is only needed if you use high level spells and dont wanna fail.
but the eval is what adds the 'stank' to how hard the spells hit.

if you DONT run direct damage spells then you dont need evel.
if you DO and you only use ebolts and such then you dont need magic above 100-110.

hope some of that helps.
Thank you for replying. It all seems good to me! I have not quite sorted out how the masteries work... I tried both provocation and discordance songs, didn't seem to much! Mostly pvm these days. Use a lot of EVs, some direct magic. Does eval boost EVs? High magic helps with the EVs. It's Siege, that's why I might need the resist... :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
no, eval dosnt boost EVs

mind blast and EVs and heals and cures dont need any eval.

only spells that need eval are like fireball, lightning, metor strike, flame stike.... all the direct damage ones.
except for mind blast for some reason.

so if your not waylaying everything with direct damage spells then you dont need eval.
i dumped eval on my bards and picked up med instead.

and even thought your on siege resists is still useless.
your not gonna run into too many mages with 60-80 magic and eval.
if the fella is on siege running a pvp mage hes gonna be 120 magic and eval or 120 myst and focus or 120 necro/SS and then as before your resists isnt gonna do anything to the spells they are gonna paint you with.

resist for the most part is only effective if your a topped out mage and your fighting other topped out mages.
just my take on it.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The bard mastery abilities factor True skill in both musicianship and the mastery skill.
The effectiveness growth is also non-linear, so there is a significant difference between 120/120 and 120/110 as compared with say 100/100 and 100/90.

Your discord damage output at 120/120 is 2x the damage output at 100/100
And your provo ( would be giving you a HCI/SDI bonus of 16 @ 120/120 versus 8 at 120/100).

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
The bard mastery abilities factor True skill in both musicianship and the mastery skill.
The effectiveness growth is also non-linear, so there is a significant difference between 120/120 and 120/110 as compared with say 100/100 and 100/90.

Your discord damage output at 120/120 is 2x the damage output at 100/100
And your provo ( would be giving you a HCI/SDI bonus of 16 @ 120/120 versus 8 at 120/100).
Thanks for sharing. I am glad I trained all my bard skills to 120. Now if these skills would just enhance my income as a beggar... I think they should! ;)

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Your 4x 120 Bard, Despair puts out as almost as much damage as a mage casting flame strike vs MoBs, and does it faster and cheaper mana wise. Adding tribulation into the mix still gives a cheaper mana cost than flame strike, and does boosts the damage by 50%. (If you add a slayer instrument into the mix the Trib Damage boost is 75%)