• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Spellweaving] Question On Word of Death

• Thread starter Whinemaker
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
W

Whinemaker

Hi,

I'm thinking about tweaking my template to take on spellweaving, but I think I'll need a bit more information before committing myself to it.

The scenario: my character doesn't have Eval Int, has only minimun SDI (just the 25% from a Scrapper's Compendium; not including the possible use of Reaper's Form and Arcane Empowerment), and let's say all he can get is just a level 1 focus.

Now my question is, how would WoD fair in this setting, say, against a boss level monster when cast within the hit-point threshold? (i.e. if WoD doesn't do jack unless I have a level 5 focus and tons of SDI, I think I'll just leave my template be)

Thanks!

J

Jermosh

I have yet to have WoD work without getting a high level focus, which is hard to get somedays if not impossible. It is worth some of the other things like Allure, or the offensive spells, and the swarm spell has its place. But unless you have some serios med, you will find yourself dry of mana quickly.

Why not have Eval Int instead? The bonus is pretty big actually, unless you are only going to use summons and stuff.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WOD will do 300 points of damage without any SDI or buffs cast (arcane empowerment/reaper form). With the 25% SDI from the scrappers and with arcane empowerment and in reaper form, you will be hitting somewhere in the 400's. The problem will be that with a low level focus (level 1 or 2) WOD will only work when the target is down to 5-10% of health remaining. A level 3 focus is marginal.

Not sure what type of template you have that your not using eval but have magery, unless your a tamer.

W

Whinemaker

Thanks guys.

And actually Kellogry is right, that character I'm thinking about putting spellweaving on is a (t-hunting) tamer.

Right now, the template looks like this:
110 Taming
110 Lore
100 Vet
100 Magery
100 Med
100 Focus (Cartography)
100 Lockpicking

I just stoned cartography and put on 100 focus to help me spam GH for Doom and for peerless, and I'm thinking about swapping lockpicking for spellweaving (mainly WoD) to stop fights from dragging on.

Now I'm curious, about how much more damage do you dish out with 100 Eval Int?

V

Vertigo

Gift of Life and Gift of renewal compliment taming nicely.
And even at lvl 1, you can get 2 WOD off on the DF.

R

RichDC

WOD, is awesome on a t-hunter(if you can fit it)

Reason being is the AW's

When a friend and i a while ago, did a few(my first time). The only thing that really healped(apart from a GD and 120vet) was WOD. At one time 3AW's spawned and after my pet beat the s**t outta them they started flying away and healing. So... with a 0 focus when they started i WOD'd and they died!

Z

Zodiac19

First off you can no longer get a lv1 focus you need at least one other person to get a focus and that would be a lv2. So if you are by yourself with no one else to focus with WoD is useless it will only do around 25pts of damage. Once in the range given the level of focus you have WoD will do 300-650 (approx) pts of damage depending on your SDI.

X

XCodes

First off you can no longer get a lv1 focus you need at least one other person to get a focus and that would be a lv2.
Not true, it seems that at a certain skill level you can gain a level 1 focus by yourself in a circle. I've seen it done and once did it myself.

N

NickyDishes

ok look spellweaving should only be put on a temp for these reasons:
1.your making a tamer and u want to be bad azz...my SW tamer solos mel grizzle, dreadhorn, travesty, shimmer,and the guanltlet. He also is good for every single champ spawn. Im my opinion its the most powerful pvm template in the game. But its not worth it unless u 120 spellweaving so u never fizzle word of death and so u can get a level 6 36000 focus in prism of light.

2. spellweaving is good to have with 0 skill for JOAT on a human for PVP.

3.Adding it on a necro mage for pvp.

if u arent doin these three things or u cant get a focus ever cause u dont know any other spellweavers its totally useless skill to have. And also i see this a lot but if your a spellweaver and u are carrying a boomstick u are making a real bad decision. SW damage is based off Spell Damage Increase. Hence u should be carrying a scrapper or an invasion healers book. In reaper form with arcance empowerment and 70 sdi i hit peeeless bosses with WOD for 700. I hit the Dark Father with a air ele scrapper and total of 70 sdi for a total of 1080. But this is with a level 6 focus. I convinced all my guildies to take up sw to gm or higher and we own.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you refer to the level 1 to level 6 focus item, what the heck are you talking about? The thing you get from the Arcane Circle? A Talisman?

R

RichDC

First off you can no longer get a lv1 focus you need at least one other person to get a focus and that would be a lv2.
1/2 true, the poster below you is completly wrong though.

If you cast on an abbatoir or pentagram with 2 people you will get a 1focus, on an arcane circle you will get a 2 and on the arcane circle in prism of light you will get a 3.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you refer to the level 1 to level 6 focus item, what the heck are you talking about? The thing you get from the Arcane Circle? A Talisman?

When someone mentions a spellweaving focus they are referring to the pink gem you get from casting arcane circle. The level is determined by how many weavers are on the circle that are within 20 spellweaving skill points of the person that cast the spell and what type of circle and where the circle is located. The focus gives bonuses to spellweaving spells based on the focus level. The bonus ranges from the amount of damage it absorbes when you cast attunment, the amount of HP that gift of renewal regens, the amount of damage a spell does, the range of area effect spells such as essance of wind, and how soon you can cast word of death. With no focus, spellweaving is pretty much worthless. Level 1-3, better than nothing, you will see some benefits. Level 4-5, now were talking. Level 6....Have Spellweaving Crack Crystal, will take on anything.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
RichDC's reply is a bit ambiguous.

Is the minimum number of people required to cast Arcane Circle 2? The rest of his reply, I think, I understood.

And thanks for the reply. I might consider raising a SpellWeaver on the other account as well.

If I did and they were both at 100, not including the Prism of Light, what would be the maximum Focus I could get and just how long do these things last anyway?

Do they go poof when you log out?

For example, I found this on uoguide

The Arcane Focus is a virtual physical representation of the Arcane Circle buff/de-buff; as long as the crystal is in an Arcanist's backpack, the same benefits of the spell are in effect. When the timer expires, or if you remove the crystal yourself, the effect ends.

Holding an Arcane Focus increases duration, spell damage, healing spell effectiveness, and area of effect for the carrier's Spellweaving spells.
It seems to imply that if one holds the focus, then one gets an extra bonus? Or is it simply restating the first statement more simply, but possibly more misleading.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your a GM spellweaver and cast an arcane circle with 4 other weavers, between 80 and 120, on an arcane circle not located in the prism of light you will receive a level 5 focus that will last 28,800 seconds (8 hours). It will remain in your backpack even if you log out, but the timer will still continue to count down. Not sure how long a level 2 focus would last if a GM weaver casted it, but I would assume it would be in the 4-5 hour range. If you removed the crystal out of your pack and place it on the ground it will go poof, nor can you trade the crystal to another player.

Atlantic Wear

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
1/2 true, the poster below you is completly wrong though.

If you cast on an abbatoir or pentagram with 2 people you will get a 1focus, on an arcane circle you will get a 2 and on the arcane circle in prism of light you will get a 3.
Where is the circle located in the Prism of Light?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
From what I remember, it is off the area just before the Crystal Lattice Seekers area. An opening leads to a little beach area. Seldom if ever used though, so no clue if it is still there.

also...
great necro?
2009? Epic
:party:

:D