• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[General] Question on Refinements

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Hi All, Been working on a suit build that includes refinements. I have all the pieces completed except this gorget. Looking for the max 5 on this. I have literally made 21 attempts of getting to 5 but keep getting 4.

All the other armor pieces converted in less than 5 attempts. I had a GM look at it yesterday to see if there was a glitch they said nope all is normal.

Am I missing something on this or just a victim of RNG? lol. Thanks for the insight.

Gorget.png

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
OK made for more attempts "Nada" This is how I am reading the piece.

It reached its 16 mod limit and will not add.

1. Gorgon Lens

2. - 12. Dex bonus - Energy Resist

13. - 16. Max Defense Chance Increase

Now considering I have burned another 22 tries for a Max +5 DCI at avg 15 mil each 330 mil. I think it would have been nice to have an alert like they do for Imbuing or other things before it lets you give it a go.

Like I said it would be nice not a must. Some educations are more expensive than others....Always good to pass on the found knowledge.

I wonder if you can add Gorgon Lens after the refinements...

Can anyone confirm the above findings?

JFSF

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've had the same issue with a platemail helm. I've tried before and after the lens as well and had zero luck. I stopped after 25 tries. I was using the refinement for additional resistance cap if that matters. I keep suggesting that the forged metal tool of artifacts should also be able to be 100% chance of the bonus 5th mod. But my begging has fallen on deaf ears I'm afraid.