• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

question on honor taming.

T

truwen1

So I have been working up my honor, and decided to go and try to get a cu sidhe via honor taming. I went in, honored myself (I am currently seeker of honor) so I figure it lasts 1 minute. I proceeded to tame the cu and he smacked me...HARD... I died. What am I doing wrong?

N

Nenime

UO Playguide said:
You can activate Embrace Honor by double-clicking the Honor icon on the Virtue gump, and then targeting yourself. Activating this ability will cause all monsters to ignore you for a limited amount of time. The duration you embrace your Honor increases as you achieve higher levels on the path of Honor.
Um... hard to tell why it didn't work when we don't see it. It should. Maybe you just ran out of time? Or did you honor yourself first for testing and then immediately tried again? There is a blocking period before you can use it again.

T

truwen1

Well I honored myself first, right in front of the cu. I will try again in a few and see if can't get it to work. I was using the KR client so it may have been a bug or i mis targeted or something.

S

Sarphus

You get a longer honor timer with each tier of honor (if you didn't know that)

At the first tier of honor you don't get much time. You may of run out of time. It's also possible that the devs nerfed honor taming. I don't know, because I haven't honor tamed anything in several months. I hate re-working my honor after using it up.

My advice is to make a macro for
Use skill Animal taming
Last Target

Just bind that macro to a key and hold the key down while walking in front of the cu. All you have to do to tame a cu is stay away from the sharp end. Also, I like to wear that new sorcerors armor, because in that armor I can survive 2 or 3 hits from the cu without dieing.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Shrug*

Honor taming is how I have tamed the last 10+ Greater Dragons. It worked as of 2 weeks ago. I use White Wyrms to recover Honor and can pretty much keep it at tier 3 bubbl4 to tier 3 bubble 6. I am guessing it is taking roughly 30 WW's to recover a single Honor Tame.

As for Cu's ....

I created an Elf Tamer on the 2nd Account. So I could Tame Cu's and .... well have some extra Stable Slots.

I have his suit as a Cursed ( :( ) Armour of Fortune (DCI 15%), Fey Leggings (DCI 20%), Aegis of Grace (DCI 20%) (total 55% but cap is 45%), Swords of Prosperity (Mage Weapon -0) and various medalbe LRC pieces to bring LRC to 103.

Now, this morning I had the chance to tame 3 Cu's, one Grey and 2 Sky Blue.

I was very surprised that they tried to hit him, but just seemed to fail or the damage was so minimal that I could not see it. I am thinking that the Magery (110) as a weapon skill vs the < 100 Wrestling of the Cu's mostly blocked the attack and the 45% DCI reduced anything that got through and the Resists took care of the rest.

T

truwen1

This is some good info, I will try the macro you suggested, but KR is kind of funny with the macros and I'm not yet patient enough to try to learn the 2d client...I want to, but im not sure where to start with it.

I am working on the sorcerer armor, but am having a hard time keeping up with loot/artis in order to build my point sup. If I really tried hard enough I could have at least 1 piece by the end of the weekend. My guildy set me a rune for a room in doom that drops treasuremaps every drop, but spawn is so fast that its hard to keep up on loot at times without getting beat on. That and I get encumbered fast so I try to bring a packy with me wherever I go. Right now I am sitting at about 48k points for my first sorcerer armor piece.

Z

Zodiac19

CU's do 50/50 cold and energy damage so your armor needs to be good in thoes areas. CU's realy do not need to be honor tamed, I lead tame them with very little problems. It does take some work to get the timing down.