• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question on fishing...

• Thread starter Tichondrius
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

Tichondrius

Maybe this is a better spot for my last post. I can't seem to get gains fishing from land into shallow sea, but I can't seem to get anything out of the deep sea... just hit 65 and i need some help. What should I do?

L

Lord Drakelord

Maybe this is a better spot for my last post. I can't seem to get gains fishing from land into shallow sea, but I can't seem to get anything out of the deep sea... just hit 65 and i need some help. What should I do?
got a fishing pole? ;) At times training any skill you will seem to hit a wall and get no gains when training. When this happens you can do couple things that may help. First go die, if you get no gains after dieing then take a break, walk away from it for a few days, just put that pole up mister and go shoe the horse or something. Long ago when I was training my fisherman, I was stuck in the 90s like forever and it was like GGS daily for gains as I never got any gains when fishing up SOSs or pearls. It took time to get there and that is what it going to take for you "time".

Good luck.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it has been a few years since I gmed fishing but I believe at around 65 gains stop from shore and you need a boat and deep water.

hope this helps

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You actually need to fish in 'shallow water'. This is considered to be between shore and deep water (up to 16 tiles from shore). So you need to take a boat and sail close to the shore or server lines. (The original uo's landmass is clustered across different servers and water at the border of such a subserver is considered shallow.)

M

Maggie

I had to retrain fishing a few weeks ago and I also got stuck at that point. I was stuck for more than week. Then a friend gave me a .6 sot and took me to the water south of cove. I think its a server line maybe. With that combination I just flew throgh the rest of training.