• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question of the day: 22 May 2008

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought I would start asking a question of the day to see how people on Catskills feel about things. So here is the first one.

How many of you are active in "the War of Shadows", and if so what cities have you fought in? Do you like this event so far, or did you just stay long enough to tame one of the new Dread Warhorses?

I ask this because I have noticed that its the same 10 or so people at the spawnings when I go there. I'm sure we have lots more people on the shard then that. So do you think the event is lame or do you just lack knowledge about it? Come on people I want to hear whats on your minds about this subject.

Mish o sha

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, since you asked.I spent a lot of time in Moonglow,and Cove lately. The event to me is not that bad,its just that time of year for me,we are real busy at work.\Some of my great friends in uo land tamed me a warhorse.I am not sure about the black shield and swords are they for turn in or Deco.I wish they would run the events for turn in items a little faster to turn in, i mean i had three towers of stuff from the moonglow event just pilin up,then it was a turn in at 1 item a time that was a little time consuming.
Well overall its not that bad , just wish i had more time to play.Oh yes one more thing do the vanguard give a cloak,thats what i lack in this event is information,lol

Jerimiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For me, I just lack the time to visit the realm. If anyone has an extra warhorse taking up space I may be able to make it worth your while.......Good luck defending the rest of us!

C

captainobvious

im afraid i dont know anything about it. ive been caught up with the ophids lately...

L

Lorelei

I'm still digging through trying to remember how to play UO! While I love this game.... I found that I do love some of the features of the other games I went and tried during my "UO Vacation"! Spent quite a bit of time looking for my chat box.... forgot it pops up over everyone's head..... and then I was searching for the mailbox.... oh yeah.... that was VanGuard...

I did find a funky little moongate in Moonglow...... but was cautioned against going in until I was ready to spend some of my hard earned insurance money!

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When I have people to go with (aka GRI/CYM/etc), I have spent time in Nujelm and Cove.

Alone, it just isn't worth it, so I've been hunting a lot of ophidians.

M

Marcus Blackwell

Ive gone a few times but mainly the reason I tend to stay away from events like this is due to my connection. Stilll on ancient dial up here so when the spawn tends to respawn it causes major lag freeze which makes the event not every enjoyable for me.

J

jelinidas

I often go to Moonglow, Cove and then hop around looking for the spawn. I do like the event and for the most part the teamwork from severl groups of people. Its things like this to get people out of their clicks and interact wioth others. As for timing, they need to speed it up!

Setanta

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Back when GM meant something, I tried one of these events with my GM archer. I had high speed DSL, bu the server was so bogged down with all the participants, I was dead some 20 seconds before I was attacked. Then it took 20 minutes to work my way across the screen to the healer. Enough for me, I now avoid those things.

S

SDragor

I actually planned to fight in the War of Shadows. I was in Cove 2 times and in Nujel'm 1 time.

In Cove I died permanently and was only able to slay some worthless Shadow Ore Elementals. Vanguards were out of my league; I'm no tamer.

In Nujel'm I died 1 time, noticed that there was no healer whatsoever (only 1 who didn't resurrect) and no moongate, and lost some equipment because my corpse decayed.

I'm done with the War of Shadows. There are much better and more interesting things to do in this game.

P

ParadoxUO

What cities have you fought in?
All.

Do you like this event so far?
Very enjoyable...
We saw active GMs solving the problem, when the spawn got stuck.
Gave us the chance to meet new players, new friends, new Circle members.

Did you just stay long enough to tame one of the new Dread Warhorses?
We tamed them for everyone in the Circle... and we gave many. :thumbup1:

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How many of you are active in "the War of Shadows", and if so what cities have you fought in? Do you like this event so far, or did you just stay long enough to tame one of the new Dread Warhorses?
I'm "active" in the War... if you call not having enough time to play at all since it started except for a couple hours last weekend "active". I've fought in Cove and Nujel'm, and I'd love to have time to fight some more.
Hopefully I'll have enough time to start getting back into the PvP swing of things as well so I can join in on that fun once it plays a roll in the war.

kinney42

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, recently in the last few days it seems me and my friend are the only ones doing this event. Even at peak times. Literally we kill all the vanguards at all the cities, fel and tram, without seeing more than 1 other person.
I just did the entire circuit of fel and tram cities by myself! Killed them all and I only saw 1 other person in cove. thats it!

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
My travel schedule and resulting crappy hotel internet connections means I have yet to even SEE the War. I'm hoping to get over and check it out and maybe get one of the new war horses SOON since I'm actually in town for the next two weeks (knock on wood).