• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] question for my dmg archer

C

cac

Archery 120
Bushido 120
Tactics 115
Anatomy 100
Healing 100
Resist 90
Chiv 75

for dex i got max 150
str i want to have 125 to get more di and like 50 int or more.

I got di on my bow, quiver,gloves and trinket. There is my max di of 100 now my questions is for my jewlary what else should i take beiseds hci.?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
well since you need int i would put plus int on there
maybe mana regen is always good for archer
if you are not 70/75 in all resists maybe put what you are missing on there
if str is not maxed then put that on
mana increase is always good to

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Definitely want to aim for 35 to 40 lmc. Some fc/fcr will make chiv spells cast smoother, too.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
forgot about lmc good call also if you can put tactics on would be good also

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
depends what ur goin for, lower mana cost, enhance pots, defense chance.. id definitly drop that resist out of there tho!

my ABC archer is

120 arch
120 tact
120 bushido
100 med
60 chiv
100 anat
100 healing i pvp with him tho, and sometimes bust him out for tram stuff. his jewels are 1/3 ring with 25 enhance pot 23 damage inc and 11 hci, brac is 14 hci 13 dci 25 enhance pots 2 fcr. uses conjurers trinket, glad collar, RBC, mace and shield glasses, the rest are crafted pieces with 2 MR, lmc, mana inc and stamina inc.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Wow...those are some jewels!

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My template is nearly identical to Cetric's (I have more chiv and less tactics), except I Trammel with him and sometimes bust him out for PvP. It works for me.

But it doesn't work for everyone.

My advice is to go out and play your archer, then adjust the template according to what you think you need. Planning your whole suit before you play the template nearly always turns out to be a mistake, as you wind up with items which really don't help much.

My jewels:
Ring - of the vile
Bracelet - 22% DI, 8% LMC, 12% HCI, 8 dex, Fire resist 13.

I complement that with stormgrip and conjurer's trinket for max DI.
I use the rune beetle carapace for more LMC/mana.
I would like to use my mace and shield glasses, but my roleplay style doesn't allow for that, so I use a crafted tricorn hat or a dread pirate hat, depending on what I'm doing.
The rest of my suit is all LMC/Stamina increase.

If I switched to mana leeching bows, then I could easily drop my meditation for resist. I just don't want to.

C

Connor_Graham

so should i get rid of the 90 resist? and put it into med?
I'd say no. The 90 Resist is on there to reduce the effects of curse and necro spells, along with resisting most poison attempts (unless it's an Imp and then you're just screwed).

For your jewels, Ring of the Vile is a good choice not only for the dex and HCI, but also for the stamina regen. On the brace, I personally went with stat increases and DI, although LMC would also be a very good choice to add to it.