• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

question for experienced archers

• Thread starter Alex the Gray
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
A

Alex the Gray

I am at a point where I am at rot for archery, tactics, anatomy, resist- but not yet for healing. I am running with a balanced bow. To "get in the game" as quickly as possible, would you recommend continuing to train all skills as they come- or working on archery specifically to increase hits?
Thanks in advance- your opinions do matter.

G

Get the healing up. Keep training hard on all skills. Throw some nifty toss away jewlery on and mix it up! Why wait? So you may lose, the experience will make you stronger. *nods*

I

imported_mo'gluk

yeah just start collecting archery increase jewels and HCI jewels and get used to dying....

A

Alex the Gray

oh- the DYING is what I am expecting lol!

I just want to have fun doing it

A

Alex the Gray

gah- Im not waiting. Ive been running around training to get everything up to rot. The holidays have been protecting me- I haven't run into a single red soul.
I'm sure that is about to change tho....

G

There are some blue souls out there that need killing too. *nods* Maybe you will get lucky and run across me. *smiles*

A

Alex the Gray

at rot? lol?
mebbe- what iz your in game name? If I see you I'll attack. Just- like Ive already asked- if I do horrible plz tell me my errors so that I may improve.

What a difference this makes- a pvp type player. Even when i tried it before, it was an assasin type character.
Now, (I ran out of soulstones for a while- so I "deleted" my "hide" macro- just to avoid temptation) I run a chance of defeat just going to the bank or a moongate. Quite a difference than playing an experienced stealther.
My hat is off to all non-hiding, non-stealthing players. Every time you leave the house, you risk all. I am feeling QUITE naked. This is another, whole different game.

Which does NOT knock stealth. Some people (me) need stealth for uber-slow connections, or for the type of character they play. Such as thieves, assasins, etc.

But that also doesn't take away, in any way or fashion, the extra kudos the non-stealthers should get for showing their faces everywhere they go in every thing they do.

I will prolly never be good at this- I HATE showing my face. I LOVE the shadows. But, while no one should bad-mouth or dis-respect the stealthers, my word, there should be some measure of respect given unreservedly to all non-hiding non-stealthing players.
I didn't have it before, but I do now. Like I said- it's a whole different game.

To each their own, and neither is wrong. But before you critisize the other half, play their game.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I am at a point where I am at rot for archery, tactics, anatomy, resist- but not yet for healing. I am running with a balanced bow. To "get in the game" as quickly as possible, would you recommend continuing to train all skills as they come- or working on archery specifically to increase hits?
Thanks in advance- your opinions do matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

The main thing is to make sure you get all your gains each day. That means doing several skills on days you have little time.

G

*smiles* Just have some fun. Know you will die, enjoy the occasional win. Keep working at it. The Circle of Flame warriors will for the most part give you an upright fight. Heck, some of our Crafters may give you a run for your money. *chuckles*

T

Tark_Smash

Get you a bunch of cursed hunters headresses and get out there

G

Yesterday, there was an archer training in luna. She'd go around nekkid with 5 arrows shooting at any red that showed. I bet she got a lot of gains (and deathrobes).

I

imported_mo'gluk

thats one way to do it.... I also think summoning natures fury is another

S

Strycher

thx Mo, I had not thought about that.

As for ROT, try to get as MANY skills in ROT as you can at the same time. That way your maximum daily gains will be reached much quicker than only having one skill to raise through ROT. If this doesn't make sense, I can clarify.

I to am building a Necro Archer that is a non-stealth character. My Hide macro is my last target macro (never really used last target on Amanda). So, this should be a whole new ballgame.

I

imported_mo'gluk

hehe... yeah until you try to hide in the house and start plinking your buddies....