• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about turn-ins...

E

eekamouse

I just reactivated a few weeks ago, getting caught up with all of the ML stuff etc... and have been keeping a left eye on this event and the upcoming publish.

I have some noob questions

1) Is the event still going in some fashion and can I kill mobs that drop the items for turn in still?

2) Will the mobs/event continue when Publish 52 hits?

3) A quick summary of the event and what's going on currently would also be appreciated.

Thank you.

I

imported_Telerandil

<blockquote><hr>

I just reactivated a few weeks ago, getting caught up with all of the ML stuff etc... and have been keeping a left eye on this event and the upcoming publish.

I have some noob questions

1) Is the event still going in some fashion and can I kill mobs that drop the items for turn in still?

2) Will the mobs/event continue when Publish 52 hits?

3) A quick summary of the event and what's going on currently would also be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

From one returning player to another, welcome back!

1. Yes, the event is still going on at Moonglow in Trammel. There's a rift (looks like a dark moongate) sitting in a crater next to the inn. Within are Fallen Warriors and Daemon Berserkers, which drop items (Planeswords and Planeshields, and Berserker's Scythes, respectively) for the publish 52 turn-in. There are also Dark Wisps and Shadowlords, which drop items (Threads of Life and Fate, and Cloak of Corruption, respectively) that may be useful later on.
  2. I don't know if the monsters will continue to spawn after publish 52. I think it's likely they will, at least for a little while longer.
  3. Recently, blackrock (an unpredictable, magical substance) has been discovered in large quantities around Britannia. It is suspected of having caused the destruction of Haven, and can drive both mages and monsters mad. As a result, the mage Kronos received funding for a blackrock detector, that the kingdom could locate large concentrations of the substance--perhaps in hopes of keeping it out of the wrong hands.

After a long period of construction, the detector was activated in front of a crowd of interested citizens. Nothing seemed to happen, and Kronos asked the audience to return the next day. When they did, the machine tore a hole in the fabric of the cosmos and deposited the watching adventurers into a dark, monster-ridden reflection of Moonglow, complete with frozen duplicates of those adventurers as they stood watching the detector the day before.

After a protracted battle around the blackrock detector, the Shadowlords revealed themselves and began attacking Kronos and his helpers. Kronos fell, but the Time Lord appeared, driving off the Shadowlords and sending the survivors back to Moonglow.

Where we stand now: the site of the blackrock detector is now a crater, and in its place is a rift leading to Dark Moonglow. The Shadowlords have also escaped to Britannia, though echoes of them remain on the other side of the rift. After some delay, the Britannian government has dispatched a token force of soldiers, an operative from the Tactical Division of the Guard, and a few healers to Moonglow. However, magic is inoperative within sight of the rift in Trammel Moonglow; when pressed, the mage on site will confide that it the dark gate is proving difficult to close.

More event info at UOGuide.

E

eekamouse

Also...!

1) Does Blackrock still spawn? Will it continue after Pub 52?

2) What use is this other than for skill gain? I didn't notice you could turn it in for anything.