• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about Titan Spawn Drops

Hi folks. I'm not really a new player but am a returning player after several years. My question is regarding the drops from the 20th Annv. Titan spawn. Is it a different rule set here? It's become quite clear to me that many ppl only hunt Mages/Healers in these spawns (for the spell books no doubt). There is always the same 3-4 players in every spawn I've been part of that wait till my target, and others I've noticed, if that is a mage or healer, and is nearly dead they come in spamming Nyraxle (Word of Death). I don't play a SW but I understand this spell does a massive amount of damage when target is below a certain health. Several times when this has happened I've not gotten any drops from the kill, even though I've done probably 90-95% of the damage to the target. Does amount of damage not matter here? Is the drop random to anyone who does damage regardless of how much? Or is drop given to who made the killing blow? At any rate it's getting discouraging. I'm realizing it's useless to fight mages/healers, I may start the fight alone, but it's a sure bet I won't finish it alone.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Not every captain etc gives a drop.. so there is that to factor it. As far as I know there are 3 drops when a drop happens. I have no idea on the mechanics involved in how it is calculated but thought it was the top three attackers based on damage. BUT.. there does seems to be a cumulative ponts based system in effect on that as well. I have fought alongside my wife on a Captain with both of us getting there when it is full health using my AI Cu and hitting 8-12 800+ WOD's on a mage captain only to have others come in when the thing is less than half health and not get a drop.. yet my wife who's Cu does less damage than mine and her 550-600 wod's gets a drop. Also have to take into account I am 120 sw and seldom fail on it and she is only around 115 sw currently and fails a good bit.. so I know I outdamage her by a lot..