• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Question about this template

C

Chill

Hi all,

After many years oh not really finishin a template i finally finished these skills,

120 archery
120 tact
120 anatomy
100 resis
80 chiv
100 healing

stats:

100 str
100 dex
45 mana

stats are base stats not adding suit bonuses will have the extra 10 stat points later on this week from +25,

from that template is 640 skill points with my cap until november being 715 any help is apreciated.

Regards Chill

C

Connor_Graham

Add Bushido. Drop points from Tactics and Anatomy to take it to 120. You also need to get your dex up to 125, and should be a minimum of 140 after items are added on.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
On your suit, you want to have 35 to 40 lower mana cost, 45 hit chance increase, 6 to 10 mana regen, and enough stamina increase to bring your total stamina to at least 140 or 145.

C

Chill

what to drop tactics and anatomy too then both 110?

ive read alot of ppls posts well most from both yourself's and i c ur well versued in this topic,

does anatomy not affect my healing or damage asmuch now as it use to?

Regards Chill

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Anatomy does affect damage and healing, but the modest benefits of 120 anatomy are greatly outweighed by 120 bushido. Check out some of the crazy busido spells, including lighting strike which inflicts critical hits, here: http://www.uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=62

C

Connor_Graham

Anatomy does affect damage and healing, but the modest benefits of 120 anatomy are greatly outweighed by 120 bushido.
Exactly. Having 120 Bushido will give more of a damage increase, along with other benefits, than having both Tactics and Anatomy at 120. As long as both are at GM level so you get the bonus, you're good. Bushido makes a world of difference on an archer's template.

Padre Dante

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On your suit, you want to have 35 to 40 lower mana cost, 45 hit chance increase, 6 to 10 mana regen, and enough stamina increase to bring your total stamina to at least 140 or 145.
With the lightning strike spell of the bushido skill set, is HCI really that important to build into your weapon/suit/jewelry? The 50% bonus is only fully applied when under a hit lower attack spell, and even then, how far down does it take your HCI?

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With the lightning strike spell of the bushido skill set, is HCI really that important to build into your weapon/suit/jewelry?
I always have some HCI built on my suits, but it is not as necessary for PvM as it is to have for PvP.

As long as you start with 120 archery, you should be okay.

C

CannabisKing

As of late, Ive been rethinking some changes maybe be over due. And if I can get some insight on idea's then, I'm asking.....
My Red Archer is,
120 Archery
120 tact
120 Anatomy
115.5 healing
115 Resist
100 Hide
Str 99/115
Dex 150/150
Int 40/70
Resist on Faction suit is all 70's 75, HCI=45%, DCI=65%, HPR6, MR 6, LMC 15% And thats it!
Now the Heavy X-bow I use is the wep of choice, 42% fireball, 26% HLD, 50% Velocity, 10% SSI ( I swing 2.75 SD), Balanced.
Im rethinking of some change's on him but not sure where to go to. I do want 120 Resist btw. Ive thought bout using the headress to save 20 points and I have a Bracelet that is 10 Tact, 10 Anatomy, Str 8, Dex 2, Cold 5%. So if I drop my Tact and Anatomy to 90 and also my archery to 100, that gives me another 80 points to use somewhere else. Man, I'd drop resist to 100 and now its another 100 points, right or am I not understanding it? with what Im looking to try out, will this still allow me to use all my spec's? Give me the low down on what ya think or really what Im not thinking of?

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some people might disagree with me, but here goes.

1. PvM or PvP I have never been a fan of using +skill to reach 120 on a weapon skill. I always prefer the real thing. UO has a nice way of making you miss it seems like when you don't have 120 REAL skill.

2. If you want to have resist on your template, make it 120 or 0. To get the full benefit of resist it has to really be 120...unfortunately or not.

3. I am not sure what you are doing with your healing skill? But, you can get away with 90. Same goes with anatomy really...90. The only key will be for how much damage you are healing for. It will really depend on your playing style and what you are comfortable with. If you negate damage fast enough and are happy with 90 and 90, then do that.

4. Tactics once again, your playing style. Me personally, I go with 90 tactics on every toon except those that are bushido melee. Most every template I don't have the need for over 90. If I REALLY need that much extra damage, I just add +skill for tactics. As long as you have 90 REAL skill, you can execute both specials.

*Question for you though. Why have 100 hiding AND resist? Especially when considering the constraints of PvP. For PvM I used to run something similar for a Doom Archer (hiding is handy when you don't plan on leaving).

No ninjitsu though and no stealth...you can get revealed. Not that those things guarantee not getting revealed but...a lot more tricks up your sleeve.