• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about the Training of CU-Sidhes

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When Taming Wild CU-Sidhes, the Dexterity and, therefore, Stamina, are below 125.

My question is, in order to "save up" on training points, is it "feasible" to just fight stuff with the CU-Sidhe before even starting its training so as to raise Dexterity up to 125 and then, after having reached 125, use training points to bring it 150 ?

Depending on how low the Dexterity is on the tamed CU-Sidhe, this could save training points to be used elsewhere....

What would be then the most effective way to raise Dexterity up to 125 "before" initiating the pet's training ? Would this be a very long and time consuming thing to do ?

Also, I understand that normally only 3 abilities can be had in a pet as total. Yet, if the pet did not start with a Magic Ability, and I understand that this is the case for CU-Sidhes, it is possible to have a total of 4 abilities, if one has the attention to train the Magical Ability as the last one, after the Special Ability, the Special Move and AoE Ability.

Anyone who has already done this can confirm ?

Also, when going for 4 Abilities, of course it will be necessary to cut points somewhere else....

In this regards, what are the most fundamental stats that are important for a CU-Sidhe ?

Of course, Strength to 700, I seem to also understand that Mana Regen is important to have it at 30, but what about Hit Points Regen and Stamina Regen ? Can they be "sacrificed" ?

As in regards to Intelligence and Mana, what numbers, if possible, should be aimed at ?

As in regards to the 4 Abilities, the CU-Sidhe comes already with Bleed, therefore, what would be advisable for this pet, to pick as Magical Ability, Special Ability and AoE Ability ?

How do CU-Sidhes do as Spawners ? Is it a good pet to train Frenzied Whirlwind on ?

If so, it is usefull to then scroll the necessary "passive" Ninjtsu to 120 so as to increase the damage done ? The reason that I am asking, is that in the description of Frenzied Whirlwind, I seem to understand that the Ninjitsu skill, the Strength of the Pet, the Base Damage of the Pet and the "other" skills (what other skills ?) that the Pet has, all contribute to increase the Frenzied Whirlwind Damage.

Anyone who has trained a CU-Sidhe with Frenzied Whirlwind can please share their experience with how they found it to work and whether it is worth it on a CU-Sidhe or whether there is better pets that can work as "Spawners" ?

Reading on CU-Sidhes trainings suggestions, I see that several Tamers often suggest the Chivalry + AI build. Is this the only one build that the CU-Sidhe can bet be trained in or is there other builds which this particular Pet can also shine and be truly effective and usefull ?

Thanks for the help and advice !!

gwen

Slightly Crazed
All those builds depend on a tamer (skills) and play styles. And on Qty of power scrolls available.
Since before you are stated that you cannot buy +20 necro arms, you better try tritons first.
FWW damage depends on pet damage (don't forget to train it) and on ninjitsu skill. Same for goo .
you need different pets for different encounters. HP regen and Mana regen are important. Same as scrolling focus and Med.

So you better go, tame 7-10 Cute, wait for 1 week and start trying different builds.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
FWW is physical damage.

As said a Triton is now the better choice. Can get FWW and Chivalry if you start with one above 200 strength.
125+ Wrestling is common.

Goo does so little damage, most stopped using that 2+ years ago. Your area spells do way more damage than Goo and the pet wonders off less.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All those builds depend on a tamer (skills) and play styles. And on Qty of power scrolls available.
Since before you are stated that you cannot buy +20 necro arms, you better try tritons first.
FWW damage depends on pet damage (don't forget to train it) and on ninjitsu skill. Same for goo .
you need different pets for different encounters. HP regen and Mana regen are important. Same as scrolling focus and Med.

So you better go, tame 7-10 Cute, wait for 1 week and start trying different builds.
Well, I was wondering whether a CU-Sidhe would make a good Frenzied Whirwind "spawner" Pet.... or, whether for the the Najasaurus is the pretty much one and only one pet to go with, as a "spawner" pet...

I understand that lots of Tamers suggest for CU-Sidhes Chivalry and Armor Ignore but that, pretty much restrict them to "one on one" fights, usually towards higher end bosses...

My Tamer is a Mage-Spellweaver-Tamer although, I run it with Resisting Spells in place of Evaluate Intelligence so, Magery is pretty much there to keep the pet healed, not really to help the pet out with offensive spells...

I tried swapping Resisting Spells with Evaluate Intelligence but, running Protection, is makes my character too weak towards spellcasting MoBs and when I die, I cannot keep my pet healed... so that is why I am reluctant to stay without Resisting Spells in order to then use Evaluate Intelligence and go on the offensive to help out the pet...

I also thought about using Conductive Blast on the CU-Sidhe and swapping Resisting Spells for Evaluate Intelligence and use the Magery Mastery Death Ray but, I really enjoy using the Spellweaving Mastery instead.... I also do not like the fact that Death ray gets interrupted if one moves, and when hunting, I find myself moving a whole lot because of side spawn... therefore, aside from the issue of no longer being able to enjoy the Spellweaving Mastery, I would also find myself disrupted into my casting of Death Ray all the time...

I see the Conductive Blast+Death Ray combo really something for one Bosses with little or no side Spawn around.... so, a very, very specialized type of thing...

I am instead looking for a pet "fire and forget", something which could be thrown into the fray of a large number of MoBs and I would need to pretty much care to keep it healed and stay alive and kill all that stuff coming at it...

And for this, the Spellweaving Gift of Renewal, plus additional Greater Heals at 120 Magery, should be OK, given the right pet and build...

What type of a build, if any, could get a CU-Sidhe be able to be functional to this use ?

I know that Tritons are often used with Frenzied Whirlwind, not sure if also CU-Sidhes can be used for that and as "spawners"....

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FWW is physical damage.

As said a Triton is now the better choice. Can get FWW and Chivalry if you start with one above 200 strength.
125+ Wrestling is common.

Goo does so little damage, most stopped using that 2+ years ago. Your area spells do way more damage than Goo and the pet wonders off less.

I see, so, as a "spawner" using Frenzied Whirlwind I gather that you suggest a Triton over a CU-Sidhe, OK, thanks.

Out of curiosity, do you think that Tritons with Frenzied Whirlwind as "spawners" also do better as Najasaurus with Poison Breath + Frenzied Whirlwind as "spawners" ?

Then, with what particular type of a Build, and to complement what type of a Tamer Template, according to your Tamer's experience, do you think that, CU-Sidhes as a pet, with their given specialties and abilties, really "shine" ?

Pretty much Chivalry + AI or is there any other build for CU-Sidhes which makes this particular pet really shine over other pets in certain circumstances, given the right complementing Tamer's Template, of course ?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
1. pet is a really bad spawner. Get a samphire. You have 6 character slots, use them.
2. to forget about healing pet use Triton (opened in Tokuno) with FWW (for damage) Goo (to attract angry mob) and real Ninjitsu ( to hide from that mob)
Stop healing your pet. Let it be. Use shortbow bow with SC/FC-1, SSI, HLA and HLD and mage weapon for big stuff.
3. Use refined armor with resists when in wraith form.
4. Triton should have 1000 HP, 150 Stam, little of Mana (300 will do, 200 also acceptable). High INT, high HP and Mana regens, scrolled Medi and Focus. Scrolled Ninjitsu(120 is cheap), anatomy(110) and healing (120)
Put leftover in STR (will be 400 or more)
5 . Try junk Triton first.

Last edited:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1. pet is a really bad spawner. Get a samphire. You have 6 character slots, use them.
2. to forget about healing pet use Triton (opened in Tokuno) with FWW (for damage) Goo (to attract angry mob) and real Ninjitsu ( to hide from that mob)
Stop healing your pet. Let it be. Use shortbow bow with SC/FC-1, SSI, HLA and HLD and mage weapon for big stuff.
3. Use refined armor with resists when in wraith form.
4. Triton should have 1000 HP, 150 Stam, little of Mana (300 will do, 200 also acceptable). High INT, high HP and Mana regens, scrolled Medi and Focus. Scrolled Ninjitsu(120 is cheap), anatomy(110) and healing (120)
Put leftover in STR (will be 400 or more)
5 . Try junk Triton first.
The problem with a Sampire, is that a full set of Cameos would then be needed for being really effective, and I have none of them and neither can afford buying any....

gwen

Slightly Crazed
The problem with a Sampire, is that a full set of Cameos would then be needed for being really effective, and I have none of them and neither can afford buying any....
hmmm. Before WF event started I made one on Asuka. fresh on server. Started with 1000 gold. He has now mask , 2 earrings and 2 robes.
You will be way more effective with one cold double axe with slayer then with cold dragon. Especially in wildfire event. Or in many other events /peerless.
This is how I made myself set of cameos and 2 SSI Epps. Just during WF event on Atl You simply never listen.
Go grind something worth selling and gear up. Tinker legs or Slither. Sell it and get one cameo to start.
If you think sampire will be effective with cameo only - you 100% will not be effective even of you will get it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@popps i have told you at least 10 times. You do more area damage than a pet will. I just ride around on my pet the first level and kill the stuff with chain lightning or thunderstorm. Second level I let the pet walk around while I still do spells. FWW on triton with chiv is good at the dynamic spawns. The pet will attract a crowd, do some damage then you do area spells and kill in bulk.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
I warned you guys about letting him come over here but now that you have him please keep him.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I warned you guys about letting him come over here but now that you have him please keep him.
He was here years ago. Same type stuff. He don't change. Players on LS will solo a spawn with an AI/Chiv Hiryu. If they can do it with that anything will work.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@popps i have told you at least 10 times. You do more area damage than a pet will. I just ride around on my pet the first level and kill the stuff with chain lightning or thunderstorm. Second level I let the pet walk around while I still do spells. FWW on triton with chiv is good at the dynamic spawns. The pet will attract a crowd, do some damage then you do area spells and kill in bulk.
I see.... and what about the specific Questions I ask in my OP ?

1) -
When Taming Wild CU-Sidhes, the Dexterity and, therefore, Stamina, are below 125.

My question is, in order to "save up" on training points, is it "feasible" to just fight stuff with the CU-Sidhe before even starting its training so as to raise Dexterity up to 125 and then, after having reached 125, use training points to bring it 150 ?

Depending on how low the Dexterity is on the tamed CU-Sidhe, this could save training points to be used elsewhere....

What would be then the most effective way to raise Dexterity up to 125 "before" initiating the pet's training ? Would this be a very long and time consuming thing to do ?

2) -
Also, I understand that normally only 3 abilities can be had in a pet as total. Yet, if the pet did not start with a Magic Ability, and I understand that this is the case for CU-Sidhes, it is possible to have a total of 4 abilities, if one has the attention to train the Magical Ability as the last one, after the Special Ability, the Special Move and AoE Ability.

Anyone who has already done this can confirm ?

3) -
Also, when going for 4 Abilities, of course it will be necessary to cut points somewhere else....

In this regards, what are the most fundamental stats that are important for a CU-Sidhe ?

Of course, Strength to 700, I seem to also understand that Mana Regen is important to have it at 30, but what about Hit Points Regen and Stamina Regen ? Can they be "sacrificed" ?

As in regards to Intelligence and Mana, what numbers, if possible, should be aimed at ?

4) -
As in regards to the 4 Abilities, the CU-Sidhe comes already with Bleed, therefore, what would be advisable for this pet, to pick as Magical Ability, Special Ability and AoE Ability ?

5) -
How do CU-Sidhes do as Spawners ? Is it a good pet to train Frenzied Whirlwind on ?

If so, it is usefull to then scroll the necessary "passive" Ninjtsu to 120 so as to increase the damage done ? The reason that I am asking, is that in the description of Frenzied Whirlwind, I seem to understand that the Ninjitsu skill, the Strength of the Pet, the Base Damage of the Pet and the "other" skills (what other skills ?) that the Pet has, all contribute to increase the Frenzied Whirlwind Damage.

Anyone who has trained a CU-Sidhe with Frenzied Whirlwind can please share their experience with how they found it to work and whether it is worth it on a CU-Sidhe or whether there is better pets that can work as "Spawners" ?

6) -

Reading on CU-Sidhes trainings suggestions, I see that several Tamers often suggest the Chivalry + AI build. Is this the only one build that the CU-Sidhe can bet be trained in or is there other builds which this particular Pet can also shine and be truly effective and usefull ?

gwen

Slightly Crazed
1- raise resisring spells on spelblinders. You can do it when you realize training pet to level up too.
2 yes, you can. No for Cu Sidhe side. It has bleed already.
3- looks like you are not reading more than first row of other replies.
4. For what encounter? If you don't know go with Chiv-Ai
5. Worse then pets who have no bleed.
6Lots of builds possible. This one is popular cuz of highest damage against solo target

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1- raise resisring spells on spelblinders. You can do it when you realize training pet to level up too.
2 yes, you can. No for Cu Sidhe side. It has bleed already.
3- looks like you are not reading more than first row of other replies.
4. For what encounter? If you don't know go with Chiv-Ai
5. Worse then pets who have no bleed.
6Lots of builds possible. This one is popular cuz of highest damage against solo target
@gwen

Thank you for your reply.

Some clarifications, if I may ask, please.

1- What do you mean by "You can do it when you realize training pet to level up too" ?

The reason that I am asking this, is that I have read it reported by some players that, if the Training of DEX up to 125 starts "before" one actually initiates the actual Training of the Pet (that is, by clicking on the Blue Gem to get to the very first 100% Training when one is then enabled to modify the Pet's stats using training points), this can "change the number of slots of the pet".... thus effectively costing one full level of training points on the pet. That is, ruining the Pet's training and, thus, the Pet althogether.

Is it so or is that not true ?

2 - But Bleed, rather then a "Magical Ability", is a Pet's Special "Move"...

Infact, to my understanding, "Magical Abilities" (Magic Abilities | uo-cah.com) on Pets are defined as :

• Ninjitsu
  • Magery Mastery
  • Discordance
  • Magery
  • Necromancy
  • Mysticism
  • Spellweaving
  • Bushido
  • Chivalry

And Bleed, which starts as Native on a CU-Sidhe, is not among them. Therefore, I would understand, the CU-Sidhe does "not" come with a Magical Ability and, thus, can have 4 of them if one reserves to Train "any" in between Ninjitsu, Magery Mastery, Discordance, Magery, Necromancy, Mysticism, Spellweaving, Bushido, Chivalry as the 4th, last one ?

3 - I am reading, rather, quite a lot, often, though, the help given is rather "cryptic" and assumes the reader to know other stuff which, often, not necessarily is the case...
For example, it is indicated that the higher the Intelligence the better the Mana Regeneration rate yet, I have not found any post where it was to mention, in the case of Cu-Sidhes, actual figures as to what "points" one should train Mana or Intelligence for a CU-Sidhe for better Fighting results....

Let me explain myself better.

There is an issue, I seem to understand, of Pets casting spells often fruitlessly and, in doing so, quickly depleting their Mana pool. Without Mana left in the pool, the pet sits there and does not use spells, obviously.

Therefore, one would imagine, that Training points would be better invested into whatever raises Mana Regeneration, rather then in the Mana Pool itself.

Because, the higher the Mana Regeneration rate, the more likely it would be for the Pet to "gain Mana back" and thus be able to keep casting the spells it needs to cast to fight...

Yet, of course, it does need to also have a "pool" of Mana from which to drain Mana for a barrage of whatever spells it needs to cast...

So, I am trying to find what that "fine line" would be here... that is, what is that level of a Mana Pool that is "sufficient enough" for the Pet to have a Pool large enough to drain Mana from for whatever spells it needs to cast to fight, and then, use as much of its training points to raise Intelligence, instead, rather then Mana, so that, in doing so, the Pet's Mana Regen would be made faster and, thus, achieve a better Mana Regeneration rate.

Instead, I see Tamers suggesting Mana as Large as 1,000 points but then, Intelligence like 250 or 300 .... and I do not understand that. To me, it seems that it would make more sense to invest as much as possible into Intelligence, rather then Mana.... so that the Mana Regeneration rate would benefit from that.

4 - I was trying to understand if the CU-Sidhe is pretty much a "one Boss" type of Pet, or whether it can be used also in "Spawns" situations with a multitude of spawn all over the place.
Ideally, my research was intended towards understanding whether Frenzied Whirlwind + an Area Damage Ability on a Cu-Sidhe, would be of any benefit in such a "Large Spawn" scenario...

Has anyone already entertained one such build for a CU-Sidhe ? With what results ?

5 - From your answer ("Worse then pets who have no bleed."), I seem to understand that you suggest NOT to use a CU-Sidhe as a "spawner" because of the fact that it comes with Bleed but, rather, to use some other Pet that would perform better then a CU-Sidhe as a "spawner" ?

Is that so ? Did I understand you correctly ?

Any suggestion of what Pets would be much better candidates as a CU-Sidhe to be used as "spawners" at Champion spawns ?

6 - Indeed, but other then "specific" Builds (such as a Discord CU-Sidhe, or a Chivalry+AI CU Sidhe, or a Conductive Blast CU-Sidhe etc.), I am more interested in learning whether CU-Sidhes are Pet Designed and intended for a "one on one" fight with higher end Bosses (whatever their Build will then be), OR, they can "also", with good functional results, be Trained, with the correct Build, of course, to be efficient and very effective to handle "massive" Spawns, where lots and lots of MoBs of a lesser Strength would be around....

The type of scenario, for example, where Frenzied Whirlwind + an Area Damage specialty would be more effective...

But, if I understood your reply to point # 5, I gather that you do NOT see CU-Sidhes as good and capable to handle Massive Spawns ?

At least, not when compared to other tameable Pets who, instead, have a Design and peculiarity which enables them to be better "Massive Spawns" fighters ?

Thanks again for the kind help and advice.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You can just try this! you know that right? Get a cu and start training and see if the stats rise oh wait you're busy pouting because your stable to full of prepatch cus that you feel should be fixed for you why continue to ask for advice you won't use and will in fact debate....

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How old are the pet jumping posts. I've haven't had one jump in years.

Yes train any pet to 125 before or after button.

Cus can get an area. A special ability and a special move. Then a magic.

The guide I showed you tells you what base stats a pet should have. If you follow it. The cu is perfect at the end of the first round. Then follow the next steps. You make any other pet the same base. Increase damage per second at 5 slots. All my guides turn pets into a base cu. Some have more or less HP.

I already said a triton is better for fww because it can also get chiv if it meets the requirements I told you.

I never said a Cu was a bad spawner. Any built pet kills stuff. Players did everything with dragons before the revamp.

Sorry but AI/Chiv is the best build for general killing. Learn to use the pet and keep it from being surrounded. There are advanced builds but you are not ready for that. You would have to change your all kill play style.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How old are the pet jumping posts. I've haven't had one jump in years.

Yes train any pet to 125 before or after button.

Cus can get an area. A special ability and a special move. Then a magic.

The guide I showed you tells you what base stats a pet should have. If you follow it. The cu is perfect at the end of the first round. Then follow the next steps. You make any other pet the same base. Increase damage per second at 5 slots. All my guides turn pets into a base cu. Some have more or less HP.

I already said a triton is better for fww because it can also get chiv if it meets the requirements I told you.

I never said a Cu was a bad spawner. Any built pet kills stuff. Players did everything with dragons before the revamp.

Sorry but AI/Chiv is the best build for general killing. Learn to use the pet and keep it from being surrounded. There are advanced builds but you are not ready for that. You would have to change your all kill play style.
Thank you for the kind reply.

Some things I do not understand.

1) -
You say "Yes train any pet to 125 before or after button. "

In your Guide, though, you indicate : "1. Set dex to MAXIMUM - 2. Set Stamina to MAXIMUM"

Now, unless I understood it as wrong, in your Guide you indicate to "allocate training points" (you use the word "set" which I understand as "allocate traning points to "....) to bring the CU-Sidhe Dexterity and Stamina to MAX (150).

In your Post here above, though, you suggest to train any Pet which comes as trained "below 125 Dexterity" to 125 Dexterity "before or after the button ". Since the CU-Sidhes can get tamed with Dexterity ranging from 75 to 85, training it "naturally", that is, without using Training Points, would save up, in the case of a CU-Sidhe that, for example, was Tamed with 75 DEX, some 50 Training Points (125 - 75 = 50) and the same for Stamina as Dexterity = Stamina.

So, in the case of a CU-Sidhe that was tamed with 75 Dexterity/Stamina, that would save, flat out, some 100 Training Points which could be spent, instead, for example, for a Special Ability, a Special Move, or an AoE Ability which cost 100 Training Points.... or, for 33 additional Hit Points (3 x 33 = 99 training points).

So, I do not understand why the CU-Sidhe Guide suggests to, at least as I understand from reading it, to use "training points" to Set DEX and Stamina to maximum.... wouldn't it be better to "first" raise Dexterity/Stamina to 125 and THEN use Training Points to bring them from 125 to 150 ?

2) -
You say in your Post here above : "Cus can get an area. A special ability and a special move. Then a magic. ". Now, that is Area is 1, then Special Ability is 2, then Special Move is 3, then a Magic is FOUR.

Which it is, what I was asking if this was possible for CU-Sidhes. So, you seem to indicate, if I understand you correctly, that indeed, this DOES IS possible in the case of CU-Sidhes.

Yet, @gwen in her Post here Question about the Training of CU-Sidhes , seems to indicate otherwise, at least to my understanding, when she says " 2 yes, you can. No for Cu Sidhe side. It has bleed already. "

That is, she considers, at least if I understood her wording correctly, Bleed as a "Magical Ability" which, therefore, would prevent the CU-Sidhe to be able to get 4 of them. In her wording, again, if I understood her correctly, "other" Pets may get 4 Abilities, just NOT CU-Sidhes.

Now, since you and Gwen are saying, at least if I understand you two correctly, two different things, what should I understand, that CU-Sidhes can, or cannot, get 4 Abilities ?

Lastly, in your opinion and experience with CU-Sidhes, do you consider this particular Pet to be best used in "one on one" fights with End Bosses rather then in "fray" situations whereas a lot of chaotic Spawn might be interesting the Area ?

Or, are there perhaps builds which you think could permit to CU-Sidhes to also fight Chaotic Spawn situations ?

For example, take the Terathan Keep.

Could a CU-Sidhe, with the right Build, be able to be "thrown" into the Terathan Keep with all of that massive Spawn such as Warriors, Drones, Avengers, Matriarchs all jumping on the CU-Sidhe, and still be able to take them down and survive ?

Last edited:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

1) -

In your Guide, though, you indicate : "1. Set dex to MAXIMUM - 2. Set Stamina to MAXIMUM"

Now, unless I understood it as wrong, in your Guide you indicate to "allocate training points" (you use the word "set" which I understand as "allocate traning points to "....) to bring the CU-Sidhe Dexterity and Stamina to MAX (150).

In your Post here above, though, you suggest to train any Pet which comes as trained "below 125 Dexterity" to 125 Dexterity "before or after the button ". Since the CU-Sidhes can get tamed with Dexterity ranging from 75 to 85, training it "naturally", that is, without using Training Points, would save up, in the case of a CU-Sidhe that, for example, was Tamed with 75 DEX, some 50 Training Points (125 - 75 = 50) and the same for Stamina as Dexterity = Stamina.

So, in the case of a CU-Sidhe that was tamed with 75 Dexterity/Stamina, that would save, flat out, some 100 Training Points which could be spent, instead, for example, for a Special Ability, a Special Move, or an AoE Ability which cost 100 Training Points.... or, for 33 additional Hit Points (3 x 33 = 99 training points).

So, I do not understand why the CU-Sidhe Guide suggests to, at least as I understand from reading it, to use "training points" to Set DEX and Stamina to maximum.... wouldn't it be better to "first" raise Dexterity/Stamina to 125 and THEN use Training Points to bring them from 125 to 150 ?

2) -
You say in your Post here above : "Cus can get an area. A special ability and a special move. Then a magic. ". Now, that is Area is 1, then Special Ability is 2, then Special Move is 3, then a Magic is FOUR.

Which it is, what I was asking if this was possible for CU-Sidhes. So, you seem to indicate, if I understand you correctly, that indeed, this DOES IS possible in the case of CU-Sidhes.

Yet, @gwen in her Post here Question about the Training of CU-Sidhes , seems to indicate otherwise, at least to my understanding, when she says " 2 yes, you can. No for Cu Sidhe side. It has bleed already. "

That is, she considers, at least if I understood her wording correctly, Bleed as a "Magical Ability" which, therefore, would prevent the CU-Sidhe to be able to get 4 of them. In her wording, again, if I understood her correctly, "other" Pets may get 4 Abilities, just NOT CU-Sidhes.

Now, since you and Gwen are saying, at least if I understand you two correctly, two different things, what should I understand, that CU-Sidhes can, or cannot, get 4 Abilities ?

Lastly, in your opinion and experience with CU-Sidhes, do you consider this particular Pet to be best used in "one on one" fights with End Bosses rather then in "fray" situations whereas a lot of chaotic Spawn might be interesting the Area ?

Or, are there perhaps builds which you think could permit to CU-Sidhes to also fight Chaotic Spawn situations ?

Could a CU-Sidhe, with the right Build, be able to be "thrown" into the Terathan Keep with all of that massive Spawn such as Warriors, Drones, Avengers, Matriarchs all jumping on the CU-Sidhe, and still be able to take them down and survive ?
Quit asking questions you're gonna ignore the answers to go DO IT yourself even in the training gump there is the ability to test before you commit....train a crappy Cu first if you are so insecure and unsure...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@popps no I was still asleep.

A blank pet can get those 3. A cu already has one, bleed.

I think you are miscalculating points.
Dex would be 15 to take to max. Which is 5 HP. That's not a bad trade off for a pet if someone forgets to do it or stamina. Less than 150 stamina ruins the pet.

Most of mine did not have 125. I opted to use the points.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Any pet will die if you let them get surrounded by hard hitters. The pet AI causing them to go into a death spin. Where they change targets and hit nothing. Don't let pets get surrounded. Learn to control your pet. Lead it away and it will chomp them one at a time.

Any pet can handle crowds if you control them.

You can let a pet get surrounded by lesser mobs and YOU blast them with spells.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I been waiting for my pancakes. They lost our order.

The guides are in my first reply.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@popps no I was still asleep.

A blank pet can get those 3. A cu already has one, bleed.

I think you are miscalculating points.
Dex would be 15 to take to max. Which is 5 HP. That's not a bad trade off for a pet if someone forgets to do it or stamina. Less than 150 stamina ruins the pet.

Most of mine did not have 125. I opted to use the points.
Why do you say I am miscalculating points ?

To add 1 Dexterity, or 1 Stamina, when I use the UO-CAH Pet Planner, it takes away 1 Training Point from the Pool of available Training Points....

Therefore, if I want to use Training Points on a CU-Sidhe that happened to be tamed with 75 Dexterity/Stamina, it would cost me from the Pool of available points, 75 training points to go to 150 Dexterity, and another 75 training Points to go to 150 Stamina.

Instead, if I was to start at 125 Dexterity/Stamina, it would only cost me 25 training points for DEX and another 25 for Stamina to reach the 150 CAP.

So, it is 150 vs. 50 = 100 training points difference....

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Why do you say I am miscalculating points ?

To add 1 Dexterity, or 1 Stamina, when I use the UO-CAH Pet Planner, it takes away 1 Training Point from the Pool of available Training Points....

Therefore, if I want to use Training Points on a CU-Sidhe that happened to be tamed with 75 Dexterity/Stamina, it would cost me from the Pool of available points, 75 training points to go to 150 Dexterity, and another 75 training Points to go to 150 Stamina.

Instead, if I was to start at 125 Dexterity/Stamina, it would only cost me 25 training points for DEX and another 25 for Stamina to reach the 150 CAP.

So, it is 150 vs. 50 = 100 training points difference....
Training costs:
  • Strength 3.0x
  • Dexterity 0.1x
  • Intelligence 0.5x
  • Hit Points 3.0x
  • Stamina 0.5x
  • Mana 0.5x
  • Hit Point Regeneration 18.0x
  • Stamina Regeneration 12.0x
  • Mana Regeneration 12.0x
  • Base Damage Per Second 5.0x
First, you have to use the new Cu for 20 mins to get to the training point. It should gain some.

Stamina costs .5 per. Dex costs .1 per.

You are not using the Cah planner correctly. They have the amounts correct.

Bookmark These:

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I make my guides for players who have not built many pets.

You need to go in the order they are in.

You need to put moves, abilities, AOE, magic in the order I say.

Don't try to speed up skill gaining by doing something out of order.

Not all pet types are the same. A Hiryu can get 1 thing and a magic. But only if you put that 1 thing on first.

Make your pets to aid you. You can advance to aiding groups as you get better at building pets.

Until you understand the pet type and understand how to use an ability or magic you should stick with the basics. AI/Chiv Kill stuff. A lot of things can not be discorded or poisoned.

You don't need 120 scrolls on all your pets. Only the Magics need 120. Except for Magery 110 or 115 is fine.

I have Hiryus with every magic ability. I have Cus with every magic ability.
Make those after you have your AI/Chiv pets.

I have at least 150 fully trained pets. I have few with all 120 scrolls. Its is not that different using 110 scrolls. Things die a little slower. But only the things with ???? HP. Normal stuff die the same speed with a 120 or a 105 scroll.

Using the correct damage type pet on a target with ???? HP will speed things up a lot faster than scrolls.

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In a few hundred hours this Ram will have 120 Chivalry.

1630788220876.png

I think by Tuesday this guy will have 120 taming.

1630788386600.png

Ill be watching TV and movies. Maybe go outside a while.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are not using the Cah planner correctly. They have the amounts correct.
Well, I do not see how I could be using it wrongly since the only thing that I can do is click on the arrows either up or down, to raise or to lower stats, and then the Planner takes away the corresponding points from the Training Points Pool automatically, on its own...

For example, I tamed a fresh new CU_Sidhe and put its stats in the Planner and this is how it looks like, "untouched", in its potential training.

As you can see, the Pool of available Training Points "before" starting any training, is 3,002 and Stamina is at 79 and Dexterity is at 79.

CU_Sidhe_1.jpg

Now, if I add 1 point to stamina, as you can see from the following Picture, to raise Stamina from 79 to 80, the Pool of available Traning Points drops from 3,002 to 3,001.

That is, to add 1 point of Stamina it cost 1 point of training...

CU_Sidhe_2.png

Now, when I do the same for Dexterity, and add 1 point to it to raise from 79 to 80 Dexterity, you can see how the Pool of available training points drops from 3,001 to 3,000.

That is, to add 1 point of Dexterity it cost 1 point of training...

So, I am not sure why you mention different training points' costs....

CU_Sidhe_3.jpg

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED

1) -

2) -

LOL Do you have any common sense what so ever in that brain of your or does someone have to take you by the hand and led you through every little step? You act like you have never trained even one pet but by GOD you sure have an opinion on what should and should not be.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, I do not see how I could be using it wrongly since the only thing that I can do is click on the arrows either up or down, to raise or to lower stats, and then the Planner takes away the corresponding points from the Training Points Pool automatically, on its own...

For example, I tamed a fresh new CU_Sidhe and put its stats in the Planner and this is how it looks like, "untouched", in its potential training.

As you can see, the Pool of available Training Points "before" starting any training, is 3,002 and Stamina is at 79 and Dexterity is at 79.

View attachment 121870

Now, if I add 1 point to stamina, as you can see from the following Picture, to raise Stamina from 79 to 80, the Pool of available Traning Points drops from 3,002 to 3,001.

That is, to add 1 point of Stamina it cost 1 point of training...

View attachment 121871

Now, when I do the same for Dexterity, and add 1 point to it to raise from 79 to 80 Dexterity, you can see how the Pool of available training points drops from 3,001 to 3,000.

That is, to add 1 point of Dexterity it cost 1 point of training...

So, I am not sure why you mention different training points' costs....

View attachment 121872
Ok. Since the points are less than 1. The end result the website displays is not fractional.
Try adding 10 points of dex and 2 points of stamina. That should require one training point each.
The same as mana at .5.

I have never found rounding errors when I use their planners.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
Ok. Since the points are less than 1. The end result the website displays is not fractional.
Try adding 10 points of dex and 2 points of stamina. That should require one training point each.
The same as mana at .5.

I have never found rounding errors when I use their planners.
You have been nominated for the "Patience of Jobe" award.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
@popps I noticed the planner only goes up by amounts that make whole number results when you use the arrows.

So only use the arrows to adjust those two things. When you try to force a 1 point gain on something that is worth less than a point the system uses 1 point because it has to, Pet training can't use fractions in the game.

If you try to type in a one point change and another one point change for something worth less than one point it will use a point on the total because that's the only thing it can do. When you add points to a pet you can not increase dex or stamina by one point unless it happens to be at the end of the cap.

Use the arrows and it increases 10 per point for Dex and 2 per point for Stamina. Just like the game does.

Learn how things work in game before you try to analyze them. It is clear you just push buttons and do not notice some things go up by more than one when you arrow up.

I should have lead you further into this trap until one of the Ks come here and smack you.

I have a feeling you may just come back and argue anyway, so go right ahead an Ill tag one of them. :popcorn:

Last edited:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL Do you have any common sense what so ever in that brain of your or does someone have to take you by the hand and led you through every little step? You act like you have never trained even one pet but by GOD you sure have an opinion on what should and should not be.
Well, if a given and much welcomed help is confusing and misleading to a reader (you also need to consider that Ultima Online is played around the World and many UO players do not have a deep and profound knowledge of the English language....), why shouldn't one ask for clarifications ?

I do not see what the problem would be if something gets better clarified.....

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use the arrows and it increases 10 per point for Dex and 2 per point for Stamina. Just like the game does.
I checked as you indicated and, indeed, it is as you said.

Well, thanks for the clarification !

So, the points saved by working up Dexterity/Stamina to 125 before initiating Training, rather then the 100 that I thought (50 + 50 for a CU-Sidhe tamed at 75 Dexterity), would be 5 points saved up for Dexterity (1 point per 10 DEX, 50 points to go from 75 to 125) and 25 points for Stamina (2 points per 1 Stamina, 25 points to go from 75 to 125 Stamina).

A total of 30 points saved up.

Not the 100 that I thought, but not 30 training points to throw away either, me thinks....

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED
Well, if a given and much welcomed help is confusing and misleading to a reader (you also need to consider that Ultima Online is played around the World and many UO players do not have a deep and profound knowledge of the English language....), why shouldn't one ask for clarifications ?

I do not see what the problem would be if something gets better clarified.....
OK so now I get it you are the clarification police. How about you ask for clarification on the things you need clarified and let other ask their own questions because honestly you are the only one asking all these questions and everybody else is giving you answers, where are all the rest of the people needing clarification, oh that's right you can read every bodies mind and know what needs to be ask. May if you went out and did some of this stuff and learned how to do things by a little trial and error you would have a better grasp of things instead of asking every little detail about every aspect of what you are trying to learn and then question the knowledge of those trying to teach you and what is the most annoying thing
is that you ask 1 question and get one answer and you have to write a reply that is pages and pages long, do you know what KISS means, no you do not, Keep It Simple Stupid.

HRH Liz

Lore Master
UNLEASHED

So, the points saved by working up Dexterity/Stamina to 125 before initiating Training, rather then the 100 that I thought (50 + 50 for a CU-Sidhe tamed at 75 Dexterity), would be 5 points saved up for Dexterity (1 point per 10 DEX, 50 points to go from 75 to 125) and 25 points for Stamina (2 points per 1 Stamina, 25 points to go from 75 to 125 Stamina).

A total of 30 points saved up.

Not the 100 that I thought, but not 30 training points to throw away either, me thinks....
A prime example of you BLAH BLAH BLAH.
This was alls that was needed
"

But then you add you BLAH BLAH BLAH
What you needed to say all that BS so it would stick in that brain of yours or do you think all those OTHER people that you are speaking for didn't remember what was said a few posts ago, oh wait it was really you that didn't remember.