• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] Question about the camera

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This may be dev specific, but in the source code for the EC, is the camera attached to the in game character? if so does the characters height or sprite height move as the character does? When you put the ec to a 1:1 art ratio, and move in compass directions, the good looking graphics wobble, as if the camera moves up and down as the chars sprite does. it looks really silly. Let me know if anyone sees this if not i'll make a video.

F

Fink

It seems sometimes when you teleport the character and world move independently. Sometimes I'll see my avatar jump over to the side while the world remains fixed for a moment, then it'll catch up and my avatar centres again and the world moves to match.

I'm not sure if that sheds any light on your question.

I did notice last night the "correct" 1:1 zoom setting for my screen started giving me rippling issues. I could have sworn the day before it was fine. It's at exactly the same value I set, 17.37 (for a 1080 screen if anyone wants to check my math). I noticed a few characters' settings vary by hundredths without having been zoomed in-game.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I suspect the game wobbles as the characters sprite does its moving animation because the cam is attached to the sprite.
Devs?