• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Question about stat effects on making items

B

bwitched

Hi all quick question about stats I am a tailor and am curious to know what make better items in stat wise I know 150 str is the primary in it but what comes in second dex or int? I have been told by different people some say dex and some say Int,I just want to make sure before i start burning and wasting runic kits.

Here are my 2 options i have for my character which do you think be best:

Option 1:150 str 150 dex and 136 int
or
Option 2:150 str 131 dex and 150 int

T

Teeshy

I'm pretty much certain that stats make no difference whatsoever =)

At least, I've never seen it mentioned anywhere - it's purely on tailor skill, and armslore (and luck! Personal luck I mean, not "luck suits" :p)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
In the current form ofthe game, stats mean nothing, for crafting. you could have the basic 50/20/10 or 60/10/10 that comes from a just-created character, and there be no difference (other than being stuck in place from being overloaded if you have too much on you).

Those stat numbers appear to be rather high, as well. You either have a stat-boosting suit of artis on that somehow totals over +175 (the max total points on a character is normally 255, before equipment, and yours are totalling over 430), or you're playing a freeshard with different rules.

If the latter, nothing we could tell you could really help, because it could have completely different rules (like, still using the old system from 8 or so years ago where stats did effect skills). Freeshards aren't supposed to be discussed on Stratics, either.

B

bwitched

Those stat numbers appear to be rather high, as well. You either have a stat-boosting suit of artis on that somehow totals over +175 (the max total points on a character is normally 255, before equipment, and yours are totalling over 430), or you're playing a freeshard with different rules.

No i play on LA but I have eaten a 255 stat + i have arties and jewels + using potions to get myself up to them stats made a little mistake on the first option numbers too not 136 int, i get to 150 str 150 dex and 133 int.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
OK, using potions explains it.

But, the stats haven't had a direct effect on skills for about 7-8 years or more. Some of the combat skills, they effect the damage, HCI/DCI, bandage time, etc., but nothing from the stats affects crafting anymore.