• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about springcleaning t-map turn in.

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have tmaps and try to turn them in at the npc right behind the west brit bank. I think the npc´s name is Yonns the collector.
Well somehow he doesn´t want my maps!
Anyone has had the same problem?

Landicine

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some maps are bugged and won't be accepted. If you do a search from a few weeks back, more people mentioned this problem. I have a whole bag of maps he didn't want, but he still takes most of them.

A

Aboo

I believe they are working on a fix for that, maybe in Pub 54 (can't remember for sure). Some shipwreck items have the same problem.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good sir, you are ill informed. The turn in guy for tmaps is not yonns but another fellow hiding behind britain bank near the artists guild. Tis sad, some folks didn't inform you of this already.

L

Lord Drakelord

Good sir, you are ill informed. The turn in guy for tmaps is not yonns but another fellow hiding behind britain bank near the artists guild. Tis sad, some folks didn't inform you of this already.
???:confused: Last I looked it was Yonns, and he was back behind the West Brit bank, holding up the wall of the Artists' guild. Been turning all my maps and fishing stuff to him, he has been bugging about a few of both but over all took most.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
yeah
do the maps and forget it. I *seriously* doubt the bugged ones are ever fixed.
Heck, I'm beginning to wonder about getting a pub!
Someone mentioned not releasing the Pub till char xfer is fixed...What the hell does one have to do with the other? If xfer is a dupers tool, leave it off for months...but don't make time stand still for everything else. I believe we can turn stuff in even if we can't transfer *shakes head*

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The "bug" (the best known, at least - also affects attempts to craft the tattered wall maps) is that for some arcane reason in the pre-AOS era, the maps one gets from Sea Serpents that are fished up with the message that they contain a map, aren't coded the same as the normal T-maps. There are a lot of odd things like this, from ancient days... Dull copper Elementals aren't affected by Earth Elemental slayers (when all other ore eles are), the Dread spiders from level 3 maps are coded as a different monster type than the normal Dreads (which was a godsend for the T-hunters during the uber-dread period last year), etc.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I call :bs: on that one, I know that was the official response, but it doesn't wash.

It's only been a year since I moved to a different shard, and trust me, I didn't waste my transfer slots hauling Level 1 Treasure maps all over the world!!!

It's another of those bugs that they can't explain, and can't find. Kinda like the runebooks I have, that you cant sacred journey out of with the gem, you have to set default on it and cast on the book itself.

So work the maps, and toss em :p

Nothing to see here, move along, move along:stir:

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You mean the sacred journey bug that was fixed several years ago? I routinely use the Sacred journey gem on the last page of my city runebooks with no issues at all (thanks to having to remark for New Haven)

For someone so quick to call bs, you sure seem to be ignorant of fixes made long ago.

L

Lord Kynd

yeah
do the maps and forget it. I *seriously* doubt the bugged ones are ever fixed.
Heck, I'm beginning to wonder about getting a pub!
Someone mentioned not releasing the Pub till char xfer is fixed...What the hell does one have to do with the other? If xfer is a dupers tool, leave it off for months...but don't make time stand still for everything else. I believe we can turn stuff in even if we can't transfer *shakes head*
:( everyone gave up on the library stuff ?

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hasn't been fixed for me, *shrugs*
no worries tho, I did finally put away the runebooks (only carried em cause they were marked by friends who no longer play) and now carry my own only.

I just use em for keepsakes/momentos now.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hiyas Kynd =)

I don't even think about donating the maps to library, would take 10 years to get anything *grins*
I do however, toss my completeds out at Brit Bank or Luna, so whoever does want em can use em for turn ins