• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Peacemaking] Question about raising Peacemaking to 120

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have read so far that peacing specific creatures according to one's own level is more effective as related to peacing oneself (area peace).

That is, the skill goes up faster.

Is that so ?

If it does, does one need to actually peace creatures angered at oneself in order for the skill check to work and be able to gain or does the peacing also work on peacefull creatures (for example Cu Sidhes) ?

Lastly, once a creature has been peaced, can it be peaced again right away and the skill check works or one needs to wait some time (how long ?) or break the line of sight (go away or hide) in order to be able to gain again peacing that same one creature again ?

Oh, was forgetting about this........ Does locking musicianship to 100.0 also work with peacemaking for better and faster gains ?
Or is this only related to discordance and provocation ?

By the way, what is the logic behind this ? I mean, why would locking Musicianship at 100.0 help in any way to get better and faster gains when training music related other skills ?

How hard it really is to get to 120 peacemaking ? Very long ?

Thanks.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmmm........ 5 days and still no replies ?

Can anyone help with these Peacemaking questions please ?

M

MoneyMaker

Sorry for the long wait, Popps.
You can peace unaggroed creatures and still get a chance at a skill gain.
You can repeatedly peace a creature and still get gains off them.(when the creature becomes upeaced of course).
As far as the locking of music is concerned, I have never tried it and wouldn't know if it worked or not, but theoretically it shouldn't have any real effect on gaining on peace other than the the barding bonus it will give.
In fact the only thing you really need to pay attention to is the barding dificulty. If a creature has a barding difficulty of 120 or more (wouldn't suggest trying anything over 150 til you get up to 120 on both music and peace) you have a better chance at a gain, due to the increased difficulty of the peaceing.
Everytime I have 120'ed peace I have used Oni, Rune bettles and Cu sidhe (and the occasional rotten corpse).

I am sure the link Petra posted will give you some help also.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, but reaching 120 might not be the same as going to GM and stopping there.

The gains slow down more and more gain walls are hit and so a trainer meets different problems that need be solved than when stopping at GM.

I am trying to find out what targets work best when trying to raise peacemaking all the way to 120, not just stop at 100.

For example, the post suggests GMing peacemaking with self peacing in 48 hours.
Well, I have been self peacing for some 30 hours now and all I got was like 0.3 gains at 104 skill...........
Clearly, I need trying something else, but what is most effective and efficient ?

But thanks anyways.

M

MoneyMaker

Not to be rude. But you obviously did not read my post.
I gave you the most productive creatures for raising peace, even one that is non-aggresive. Like I said, any creature with a barding level above 120 will give you a better chance of a gain.
If you are looking for a speedy gain machine, I am sorry, there is none that exist for this skill. It is a skill that will require some patience when you gain past 105. I should know, I have done 120 on this skill many, many times over my time in UO.
Good luck, you have been given the tools, now put them to use.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Between the post where I gave the link, and the post where you quoted that link is a post by 'Money Maker'. In this post he attempts to address your questions. His second post in this thread requests that you read his first post.

O

Old Man of UO

Between the post where I gave the link, and the post where you quoted that link is a post by 'Money Maker'. In this post he attempts to address your questions. His second post in this thread requests that you read his first post.
That was really smooth, Petra... I like it!

M

MoneyMaker

Thank You, Petra.

I am not a man of much patience, and would have handled that badly, I am afraid.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well, the only 1 post in that thread I could see from MoneyMaker is one in reply to a post from Silverbird which said

" Originally Posted by Silverbird
One thing to additionally mention:
The kr-client! Theres no timer/delay on using a music instrument (playing it) and it consumes no charges at all. So you can train up music really fast directly with the kr-macroing. Simply buy 10 instruments, drag them at macro-creation at empty slots and enable repeating (10-times best). Depending on you connection it might be wise to include a delay inbetween two instruments. (For testing purpose I used 0.2 seconds and was safe with it.)
"

MoneyMaker replies saying

"Works in 2d client also, just have to tape your macro button down or use uoa long macro. (long live the 2d!!)"

I am not sure how that post relates to the questions I was asking..........

The post where I started with "Thanks, but reaching 120 might not be the same as going to GM and stopping there.........." is in reply to Petra Fyde's Post which infact I correctly quote, not to MoneyMaker's post which is quoted nowhere in my reply....

I am not sure how MoneyMaker's reply to me fits in when my reply was to Petra Fyde and not to MoneyMaker at all.........

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He's not referring to a post in the linked thread, he's referring to his first post in THIS thread!!! post #4.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He's not referring to a post in the linked thread, he's referring to his first post in THIS thread!!! post #4.

He points that I did not read his post when I was replying to YOUR post ?

I do not see how the 2 may be related.

My reply was to YOU, not to HIM and yet, he comments on that ?

If I had anything to say in relation to HIS post I would have replied to HIM, quoting HIS post.
I instead replied to YOUR post quoting it for precision and to, infact, avoid misunderstandings.

I fail to see how a reply to YOUR post may ever have anything to do with HIS post.

wanderer1origin

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
poops, if asking for help, please remember golden rule, if you ask and get help be thankful not harass those tht helped or attempted!!!!!!! You ask many questions that isnt bad, but irking to those that respond and you, re ask in next post with a twist from last one. We all play game, remember game, free time, responses peeps post are there free time!! If dislike game or method of playing game either adapt or move on!! Test shard i have heard is a viable play style!!!!!!!!!!!! Or Use time make a private server work out your bugs!

He points that I did not read his post when I was replying to YOUR post ?

I do not see how the 2 may be related.

My reply was to YOU, not to HIM and yet, he comments on that ?

If I had anything to say in relation to HIS post I would have replied to HIM, quoting HIS post.
I instead replied to YOUR post quoting it for precision and to, infact, avoid misunderstandings.

I fail to see how a reply to YOUR post may ever have anything to do with HIS post.

O

Old Man of UO

Not so smooth, Petra... I LIKE it!

Don't know why, but that made me laugh hard... real hard.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
*area peace; cue music*

There, now, don't we all feel much better?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
poops, if asking for help, please remember golden rule, if you ask and get help be thankful not harass those tht helped or attempted!!!!!!! You ask many questions that isnt bad, but irking to those that respond and you, re ask in next post with a twist from last one. We all play game, remember game, free time, responses peeps post are there free time!! If dislike game or method of playing game either adapt or move on!! Test shard i have heard is a viable play style!!!!!!!!!!!! Or Use time make a private server work out your bugs!

I am not sure if I understand your point....

I mean, if I ask a question about the weather in North America and get pointed at a web site that talks about the weather only in Mexico, shouldn't I comment on that ??

Sure, knowing what the weather is in Mexico helps a little but since the US and Canada make the largest chunk of North America that site helped a little, but not really that much in me knowing what the weather is in the whole North America territory.......

Besides, I fail to understand when a poster replies to another, even quoting whichever post he or she is replying to in order to precisely avoid misunderstandings, what has a 3rd poster got to do in "that" particular reply discussion.

M

MoneyMaker

You know, Popps, I was wondering why people were giving you so much crap, when you made your first post after a few years hiatus..........NOW I KNOW WHY!!!!

Just use the information that was given to go and 120 peace. Stop finding reasons to argue a point.
The polite thing to do when someone gives you info that is only barely related to what you want, is too thank them and ask for further info a little closer to the point. Like this..........

Thank you, Petra, for the information.
If no one else has anything to add then I believe this thread is finished.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The polite thing to do when someone gives you info that is only barely related to what you want, is too thank them and ask for further info a little closer to the point. Like this..........

Thank you, Petra, for the information.
If no one else has anything to add then I believe this thread is finished.

Well, that is what I thought I did in my reply to Petra.....

I wrote :

"Thanks", then I made my comments to the information at that link, and then concluded AGAIN SAYING "But thanks anyways."

At this point I was told...."Not to be rude. But you obviously did not read my post."......... etc

Thing is, I was replying to Petra's post, NOT yours.....................

M

MoneyMaker

I am trying to find out what targets work best when trying to raise peacemaking all the way to 120, not just stop at 100.
Understand pointing that out, it was in the title after all.

Clearly, I need trying something else, but what is most effective and efficient ?
This is from the end of the post, where the "Misunderstanding" comes in.

From the 5th post. The one right before the one that has caused the debate.
See anything there that might indicate that someone would "Misunderstand" and think that you had totally disregarded the information given in a previous post?
I guess you could chalk it up to cultural differences or just Literary understanding, but this should end the debate and get this thread back on topic.