• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about quivers

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a quiver of infinity on my back, 500 arrows.
and 500 arrows in my bag.
how come it takes the arrows out of the quiver first?

is it supposed to?

C

Connor_Graham

The quiver on your back is considered to be the "main" quiver while the ones in your pack are the "refill", so to speak. Btw...I'm hoping the one in your pack is the Quiver of Elements as it has a 50% weight reduction. I actually carry NO arrows in the Infinity, but keep multiple filled Elements in my pack for just that reason. Saves on weight so you can carry more loot and/or arrows.

L

Lilac Crypt

Unless you can afford to replace 500 arrows at over 10 gold each on a regular basis, get a second quiver, insure it, and put the loose arrows in it!

In pvm, insuring that second quiver that's stored in your backpack will cost you 600 gold. In pvp.. 300. Either way, it's a whole lot cheaper to get yourself even a plain old elven quiver that tailors can make than to lose a nice fat pile of ammunition.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes i have 2 Quiver of Elements in my pack full, and one Quiver of Infinity on my back full.

its just as you shoot you gain arrows.. those end up in your pack loose, they never get used so you have to keep moving those into the quiver.

K

Keno

I've been holding off getting a Quiver of Infinity because I use the Quiver of the Elements. Is the Quiver of Infinity really worth it for PvM?

L

Lilac Crypt

Its only redeeming feature over other quivers is the 5% defense it adds to the wearer. Thus why you see all sorts of non-archers running about with quivers on.

Me, I carry one in my pack, but I prefer a directed damage assault when in combat. Swapping between the poison/cold one and the fire one works for me most times. My archer's current defense isn't enough that a 5% increase will make a difference versus her hitting at the enemy's lowest defense resist.

Once the entire pvp world manages an all 70's suit.. then she probably will sport the quiver of infinity.

The quiver of the elements is nice, because you get that lower carry weight.. and some random other bonus that I've never had spelled out for me. *grin* I mean.. it has to do something, I have just never investigated what that something is!

J

JFH

<blockquote><hr>

Its only redeeming feature over other quivers is the 5% defense it adds to the wearer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think my fav modifier on the Quiver of infinity is the 20% lower ammo cost.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

Its only redeeming feature over other quivers is the 5% defense it adds to the wearer.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Quiver of Infinity has 20% Lower Ammo Cost, which is HUGE for an archer.

As for non archers wearing it...well...I think we all know my stand on that one...

*points to sig*

C

Connor_Graham

Guess I should have kept reading a bit longer....

G

Does it matter if you carry your quivers in your pack, and wear a cloak? Do you lose any of the benefits of the quiver?