• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Question about imbuing Jewellery

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since imbuing on non-exceptionally crafted items is limited to a weight of 450 while imbuing exceptionally crafted items can be pushed up to a 500 weight, to have more mods or mods with a higher intendity, it would be advisable to imbue exceptionally crafted items.

This said, I have been trying to work a ring with specific mods I need.

I would like the ring to be :

- +15 Chivalry
- +15 hit Chance increase
- +25 Damage Increase
- +14 Anatomy

total weight comes up 500/500

Now, I have no idea how feasible it would be to imbue a ring like that. I would imagine the level of fails would be quite high to have it fully loaded. I guess if I have too much trouble I could limit Anatomy to 10 points which brings down the total weight to 463/500 according to the calculator.

Now, I started making Turquoise Rings as they looked to me the most likely candidate for my imbuing Project, but I soon realized that out of the 6 I made burning 60+ turquoise gems, only 1 came up as exceptional and it did not have the assortment I wanted to further imbue. Basically, I wasted up 60+ turquoise gems in the process, all for nothing....

So, the first question is : At 10 Turquoise per each crafted ring, plus fails, it seems I will need quite a lot of turquoise gems to be able to make the ring I want for imbuing.
How can I maximize my search for turquoise gems ? I assume I will need hundreds before I am able to craft the exceptional turquoise ring with the mods I want to imbue....
Using an Elf to ming, possibly, but what else could help me get more turquoise gems in a given time ?

The second question is, since I need it to be exceptional, and out of 6 attempts only 1 came out exceptional, how can I increase my chances to craft exceptional jewellery ? I assume using a tinkering talisman, but what % bonus talisman I will need ? Of course 30% would be better but it is not that they are that common to be found.....
What percentage would be suffice for my needs ?

The third question, is in regards to the order in which I will want to imbue those modifiers.
What would be the preferred order with which I am better off imbuing those mods ?

Lastly, since there is a chance of crafting a turquoise ring with 5% Swing Speed Increase, I am not sure how imbuing such a ring would change my weight since the calculator suggested in this Forum (see sticky thread above...), does not include as an available mod for jewellery the Swing Speed Increase and so I am not sure using a ring with this property how much weight room will allow me for further imbuing.

Thank you very much for the help.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
First of all, Jewelry pieces are not part of that rule about exceptional vs. normal - ALL Bracelets and Rings can be taken to 500 intensity, regardless of quality. That change was instituted either in late Beta, or in the first publish after release.

That renders most of your questions moot.

So, you'll want as high a normal crafting chance talisman as you can get to successfully make the item, since quality doesn't matter for rings.

For the properties that are not normally on items, typically their intensity is as they would be where they would normally be found.

For example, weapon properties (other than DI) on Jewelry or Armor are treated as if they were on melee weapons. Armor properties found on weapons (like the hit point regeneration of the Knight's War Cleaver) are calculated as if on armor.

So, the 5% SSI would be a 16.67% base intensity property (1/6 of 100%), when on a ring; with the 1.1 weight taken into account, it would count as 18.33% intensity.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of all, Jewelry pieces are not part of that rule about exceptional vs. normal - ALL Bracelets and Rings can be taken to 500 intensity, regardless of quality. That change was instituted either in late Beta, or in the first publish after release.

That renders most of your questions moot.

So, you'll want as high a normal crafting chance talisman as you can get to successfully make the item, since quality doesn't matter for rings.

For the properties that are not normally on items, typically their intensity is as they would be where they would normally be found.

For example, weapon properties (other than DI) on Jewelry or Armor are treated as if they were on melee weapons. Armor properties found on weapons (like the hit point regeneration of the Knight's War Cleaver) are calculated as if on armor.

So, the 5% SSI would be a 16.67% base intensity property (1/6 of 100%), when on a ring; with the 1.1 weight taken into account, it would count as 18.33% intensity.

Thank you for the answer. So, if the 5% SSI weights 18.33% this means I have room for 500-18.33 = 481.67% right ?

As in regards to calculating the 5% SSI weight, you say it is 1/6 of 100%. Where does this come from ? Why 1/6 and why of 100% ?

Also, does it matter much the order with which I will imbue the various modifiers ?
Like, is it avisable to follow some priorities and under which logic ?

Thanks a lot.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thank you for the answer. So, if the 5% SSI weights 18.33% this means I have room for 500-18.33 = 481.67% right ?

As in regards to calculating the 5% SSI weight, you say it is 1/6 of 100%. Where does this come from ? Why 1/6 and why of 100% ?

Also, does it matter much the order with which I will imbue the various modifiers ?
Like, is it avisable to follow some priorities and under which logic ?

Thanks a lot.
1/6 of 100% = 16.67%

SSI Normally has a maximum of 30% at the property's 100% intensity. As it only exists in increments of 5%, the base intensity (without weighting) of 5% would be 5%/30%, or 1/6.

Since SSI has a weight of 1.1, you then multiply the base intensity by that number, resulting in 16.67%*1.1 = 18.33% (note that these numbers are actually rounded to 2 decimal places - both 16.6666.....% and 18.3333.....% are actually infinitely repeating decimals)

Property-wise, you want to always imbue any that require use of relic fragments as early as possible, simply to reduce the chance of failure.

If the item (We'll use a Turquoise ring as an example) has a property that doesn't require relics, that you are going to change along the way (increase or decrease the value or replace (in the case of changing skills within a group)), you might go ahead and reduce that skill down to its minimum value, first.

Say you had a Turquoise ring that had
SSI 5%
Damage increase 15%
Magery +9

You are going to change this to
SSI 5%
Swordsmanship +15
Lower Mana Cost 8%
Defense Chance Increase 15%
Damage Increase 25%
(a total imbue weight of 478.33%)

The first thing you'd do is Imbue Damage Increase down to its minimum value (1%; or 4% intensity).
Then, Replace Magery +9 with Swordsmanship +1 (same group; this is a reduction down to 6.67% base intensity, 9.33% intensity after weighted).

This puts the ring down to a total weighted intensity of 18.33%+4%+9.33% = 31.67% (the reason it's .67 instead of .66 is due to rounding of repeating decimals).

This will make it to where you will be 100% chance to succeed in imbuing either DCI or LMC (as both would require relic fragments, if I remember correctly) first, and at or near 100% to imbue the other.

That done, you'd now be at

SSI 5%
Damage Increase 1%
Swordsmanship +1
LMC 8%
DCI 15%

You'll raise the two lowered properties (DI & the skill) back up, at this point.
As a Skill has a 1.4 weight, compared to 1.0 for DI, you'd do the Swords +15 imbue first, then finish up with the 25% DI imbue.

E

elspeth

yeah! that was a great example Basara, I feel I understand a lot better now. I also didn't realize you can change the skill on an item so long as its in the same group. Very useful to know!

*goes back to picking through loot*

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Actually, that's a bug - and it was supposed to have been fixed, or scheduled to be fixed, sometime earlier this year. As I don't have the money or resources to blow on testing this (and I don't like TC tests, as often things can be on Test that aren't announced, then never make it onto live servers), I don't know the state of that bugfix.

chester rockwell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it might have been changed by now. *shrugs* might try adding up the mods on it now to see before you plan for the free space.

apogipinoy

Visitor
I'm curious about swapping out skills on certain jewelry. Is there a table that breaks down what can be swapped with what? I can create one, but would love to have a ready made guide, if it's out there.

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm curious about swapping out skills on certain jewelry. Is there a table that breaks down what can be swapped with what? I can create one, but would love to have a ready made guide, if it's out there.
I haven't done it myself, but they are probably the same groupings as you can find on vendor search, so you can swap skills within the same group.