• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Question about Heartwood metal weaver quest - dragon helm

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To preface, this is on the LA shard.

This morning I hopped over to Heartwood to do a few metal weaver quests. I did a couple, then asked for another and got a quest to bring back 10 dragon helms. Four questions:

1) Since my character is in no way ready to tackle dragons to get those scales, is my best hope to check out the vendors in Luna?
2) If I am lucky enough to find the scales, how many will I need to make 10 dragon helms?
3) Failing that, would I have to rely on player vendors having dragon helms to fill the order?
4) I've never seen this quest come up for my smith before. Given that it's a harder quest to complete, does anyone know if there's an increased chance of getting a nicer than normal reward from my metal weaver friends?

Thanks for the help!

G

Gowron

To preface, this is on the LA shard.

This morning I hopped over to Heartwood to do a few metal weaver quests. I did a couple, then asked for another and got a quest to bring back 10 dragon helms. Four questions:

1) Since my character is in no way ready to tackle dragons to get those scales, is my best hope to check out the vendors in Luna?
2) If I am lucky enough to find the scales, how many will I need to make 10 dragon helms?
3) Failing that, would I have to rely on player vendors having dragon helms to fill the order?
4) I've never seen this quest come up for my smith before. Given that it's a harder quest to complete, does anyone know if there's an increased chance of getting a nicer than normal reward from my metal weaver friends?

Thanks for the help!
Sea Serpent scales work as well. I'm seriously doubt that the dragon helms gives a better chance than the others. I typically reject that quest until a different one comes up.

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sea Serpent scales work as well. I'm seriously doubt that the dragon helms gives a better chance than the others. I typically reject that quest until a different one comes up.
Thanks Gowron - sure don't want to go to all that trouble when I have just as good a chance to get something good by crafting 10 broadswords!

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Degree of difficulty has no bearing on what you will get. Normally for blacksmithing I just do the swords. I think the only rewards on smith and weaver quests are talismans, scrolls, and weapons/armour. The only time I do the harder crafting quest is if I'm training tinkering or fletching, since you can work those skills to GM while doing the quests.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And carpentry can be worked to GM using the Britain library collection donations, if you can get the carpenter through the donation quest.