• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about fishing

• Thread starter Lady Tiger
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Lady Tiger

i've been busy fishing all day.
Wondering what the odds are to get an ancient sos. I've got 27 mib's and none and the ancient sos's in them just the reg one's, also i'm wondering what the chances of getting the pretty colored fishing nets, i've got tons of the reg green nets but no pretty one's yet
i've got gm fishing:sad3:

A

Azureal

The ASOS chance is (I think) supposed to be 1:50. That being said, Ive popped 3 out of my last 100 or so MiBs. These would be the first Ive ever had, over a total of around 3-400 MiBs. I have yet fished up the chests.

Im not sure on the number for the nets, but I think its the same or more, as Ive only ever found 1 coloured net in a chest. I have however fished up a Blaze coloured net on a serpent.

A

Azazel of LA

Ive been fishing for a few days now , while actually fishing I got crap for nets , as soon as I started fishing up chests I got tons of em including a blaze and a blue net. As far as white SoSs , out of 150 MIBs I got 8 whites.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i've been busy fishing all day.
Wondering what the odds are to get an ancient sos. I've got 27 mib's and none and the ancient sos's in them just the reg one's, also i'm wondering what the chances of getting the pretty colored fishing nets, i've got tons of the reg green nets but no pretty one's yet
i've got gm fishing:sad3:
For your best chance at success. You should collect the MIBs and do not open them. Wait until you get a good 50-100 and then redeem them all at once.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For your best chance at success. You should collect the MIBs and do not open them. Wait until you get a good 50-100 and then redeem them all at once.

some people will argue that this is pointless, however i have found this to work, and i think its 1 out of 25 but i'm not for sure.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I opened 20 at one time yesterday and got two ancient sos's I thought that was pretty lucky. :)

F

Fayled Dhreams

over here http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/fishing.shtml
they had:"Message in a Bottle: When used it will turn into a waterstained SOS. Or if you're lucky it will turn into an Ancient SOS, which about 1 in 25 does."

at the bottom
- The higher your skill the higher your chance of catching something more valuable than a normal fish. The skills mentioned above are minimum skills needed to fish up the corresponding item.

- Tests show that a Grandmaster Fisherman pulls up a special item (a net, a message in a bottle or a treasure map) about five times per hour. To reach that he has to fish non-stop, which means he has to cast about 280 times per hour.

- When fishing in "deep water" (which means you must be at least 14 tiles away from all land and server lines) there is a chance a sea-serpent pops up if you are fishing with 80+ skill and you fail.

- The minimum required skill level to catch *anything* in deep water is 65.

- An SOS message gives you some coordinates at sea. Sail to there and start fishing to retrieve sunken treasure.

- When fishing up tresure chests, for each cast with the fishing rod there is a 25% chance to fish up bones or body parts, a 25% chance to fish up shells, barrel staves, globes etc., a 25% chance to fish up paintings, broken clocks etc. and a 25% chance to fish up the actual treasure chest.

"Guide wise" (KB) less info but basically the same ...
neither has dates so ... unknown as to "current truth" (KB linkies are all "broke" {requested page unavailable})

then theres This KB linky much more info, pictures, descriptions, suggestions ...
might be most recent ... but again ... no dates ...
but ... I'd suggest this one first ... then the stratics ...

(don't spit into the wind)
G'Luck !!

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had no ASOS's for the last 150 MIB's or so...

I've heard of others having dry spells, but this one's annoying me to bits. I've been wanting to fight a leviathan for some time now, but I refuse to buy an ASOS from someone else when I can fish them up myself...

And for the record, no, I'm not opening up MIB's immediately when I fish them up, but I open them in batches of around 50. My last batch was today, 56 in total, no ASOS...

Esmeralda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I remember right, gm fishermen have a higher percentage of getting an asos when opening a mib than a char without gm fishing.

Those annoying dry streaks when opening mibs or turning in bods are quite annoying, but sadly they happen :(
*remembers herself turning in more than 2k sbods for getting one lbod for a barbed runic kit*

L

Lady Tiger

I did find out that fishing in fel you do get more mib's and more of a chance to get asos's

L

love2winalot

Hail: Does using a fishing pole that is, Ash, or Bloodwood, ect. Have any effect on anything over just a normal fishing pole?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Type of wood only really comes into play for a few things. Frostwood can be spell channeling -1 (was in past, not sure if it still is), and using a runic you can get spell channeling -1 as a runic property. I think Heartwood has a bunch of random bonuses it can give, on top of the runic ones.

L

Lord Drakelord

I opened 20 at one time yesterday and got two ancient sos's I thought that was pretty lucky. :)
ya its a matter of real luck as well, I did 5 mibs once and got a white sos from one. Did like 20 mibs later and did not get a single white one.