• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Buying] Question about daggers and spikes

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sure most don't pvp with them, yet my char has one in hand 95% of the time. What makes a truly superior dagger/spike? I'd like to have the best on the shard, the best that can be had. Plz tell me what your opinion is about what this would be, and why.
I'll pay millions for the grand-uber spike/dagger, or soul stone tokens. If imbued, it MUST be powdered.

Tx

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IMHO - The best dagger depends on what you use it for. If your using it for the DP and Shadow Strike, you do not want any hit spells with a delay (fireball/magic arrow). It also depends how much hand to hand combat you plan to be doing. It all really boils down to template and playstyle. If your a noxxer, you want something with alot of disrupt so they can never cure and you can spam DP. So a good hit spell like Harm/Lighting and also Hit Lower Defense, so you don't keep missing. You really don't need SSI on a dagger, as it takes near no stam to swing at max speed. HCI is good to make sure you max out at 45HCI.

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Might I also add - If your not using Shadow Strike, go for Fireball as it has a delayed disrupt. All depends what your playin :)

Nico666

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Also, if you are running a template with high Str. and Int. then you might need some SSI on the weapon, possibly.

What is your template going to be? If you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, if you are running a template with high Str. and Int. then you might need some SSI on the weapon, possibly.

What is your template going to be? If you don't mind me asking?
I use it primarily for shadow strike and poison, though on occasion ive been known to try and kill someone. Not a fighting template, so its usually other sneaks. I run fairly high str and dex, med int. I see good points for hci and hld, and i usually put hit lightning or harm on. owhere do i see a recommendation for damage increase tho. Not worth it?

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use it primarily for shadow strike and poison, though on occasion ive been known to try and kill someone. Not a fighting template, so its usually other sneaks. I run fairly high str and dex, med int. I see good points for hci and hld, and i usually put hit lightning or harm on. owhere do i see a recommendation for damage increase tho. Not worth it?
Honestly, I know you run Ninja so your better off using Deathstrike too. Dagger isn't going to do a whole lot more damage with DI o it.