• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Question about char transfer and housing

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have been gone from UO for about 4 years and just returned. I placed a plot with my main character but I have decided to move him to another shard witht thr transfer token. I remember that all characters on the account are owners of the house. Once i have moved him to another shard, will his name still show as owner of the house or will it revert to another character. Will another character be able to sell/drop the house and recieve the money? I think so but to tbh, I just don't remember for sure. Thanks!

L

Llwyd

I am not certain if the owner name changes once the owner transfers to another shard. However, if you plan to place another house on your new shard with that same account, that will condemn your original house and it will decay unless one of your other characters demolishes it first. (Yes, another character from that account can drop the house and receive its value.)

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the name on the house sign will always stay the same as the character that placed the house. even if you delete that character, the name will still remain :) and yes, any char on that same account can demolish, customize, sell, etc. that house. the account is the owner, so any char on that account has all the same priveledges as the char that placed it.