• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Carpentry] Questing for runic saws

Deception

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have never done the quests for runic saws before. From the bit of searching I've done, the info I found says to do the Arch Support quest (10 foot stools) to get the saws. Is this the best and/or only way?

Thanks in advance

King_Fisher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed inquiring minds wish to know! I've got a stockpile of lumber that would make green peace die of shock!

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any carpentry quest can give you a runic saw. The foot stool quest is the cheapest as far as resources required goes. So that is the one most people focus on, but you can do any of them.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
What is the probability to get a runic saw?

I spent full load of board (1600+1600+300) 6 times and got 2 saws only.

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I believe the chance to get any runic saw is somewhere from 1 in 500 to 1 in 1000. With the chance of getting the highest level at 1 in 10000
This is very evil. If we at least knew WHEN we're getting the item that we desire - like with the library donation system... Turning in 500 * 10 = 5000 (??) items is bad enough, but if you never know if it takes 5000 or 4000 or 9000 items it's really mind-destroying. I hope they'll find some time to do something about that, it's not fun at all right now imho. And people using 'unfair things' are at a huge advantage with grind like this.

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is very evil. If we at least knew WHEN we're getting the item that we desire - like with the library donation system... Turning in 500 * 10 = 5000 (??) items is bad enough, but if you never know if it takes 5000 or 4000 or 9000 items it's really mind-destroying. I hope they'll find some time to do something about that, it's not fun at all right now imho. And people using 'unfair things' are at a huge advantage with grind like this.
When Heartwood (City) first came about, you couldn't throw a crossbow bolt without hitting someone. Unfortunately, the system has been farmed to the point where it is no longer interesting to anyone. I know Imbuing has alot to do with it but still, that area was on it's way out for quite some time. Trust me, if u keep at it you can get any runic you want from there.

kRUXCg7

Sage
Stratics Veteran
When Heartwood (City) first came about, you couldn't throw a crossbow bolt without hitting someone. Unfortunately, the system has been farmed to the point where it is no longer interesting to anyone. I know Imbuing has alot to do with it but still, that area was on it's way out for quite some time. Trust me, if u keep at it you can get any runic you want from there.
Well, I wasn't there when Heartwood City was introduced. Now, years after the introduction, I still see some people doing the quests. I don't know how they cope with the dullness, that's all. :oops:

N

nightwolf

Well, I wasn't there when Heartwood City was introduced. Now, years after the introduction, I still see some people doing the quests. I don't know how they cope with the dullness, that's all. :oops:
Where is Heartwood at?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Middle of Yew. Kinda an energy looking thing you step into and are transported there.

Heartwood Entrance.png