• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Quest to Kill a Lich

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
I remember that when I used to play years ago there was quest or at least part of quest to go out and kill a single lich. The lich always spawned around the same area and there was never more than one. It was off the main road between Britain and somewhere else or something. If you took the quest when still had young status, you didn't have to worry about the lich attacking you first.

Does anyone know if that quest still exists and if so where is that lich spawn?

Thanks

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Hag's house is just south of the Yew lich woods. While you usually only see one at a time, they can show up in force

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cove Graveyard, yeah. And the wooded area on the road from Yew to Brit... just around that area at the crossroads to a guard station (heading from Yew south-west).

Its not that hard.

I remember being new that was a horrible spot to forget about and be ambushed. hehe.

There is also an Ant hole near this spawn. I think... there are 4 of them?... 3 are zero risk. Come out of that one... you could be under attack if you have a less powerful guy.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There are a number of liches in the woods north of Compassion Grove(That is the Heart Shaped grove just NW of the Hags hut...

If you head out of Yew towards Skara Brea you will run into one.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There was a fun incident involving the Hag Quest and the liches, that happened to me about 15 years ago.

I was heading up the road, looking for the imp, but got attacked by 2 liches. Even as late as AoS, liches were really dangerous to an unfinished melee character (As I was on), even though I was using an undead slayer from the Haven Paladin quest.

I fought a running battle, eventually dropping both of them - and I got hit by the last lich even as it died, going to 0 HP - but I was still alive.

BUT, I was also still moving, took 1 or 2 steps more (planning on healing), and that's when Zeefzorpul the Imp spawn, HIT ME WITH A SWIPE, AND KILLED ME.

I was killed by a Yellow Quest NPC. I was like, "WTF???"

I had to run to the Yew healer, rez, and get back before the other liches found my body and started looting.

Later that day, I discovered on another Hag Quest run, that ended up looking for the Imp in Magincia, that NPCs (and you, if you timed it right), could guard whack the Imp (without breaking the quest), there and at the Britain Farms imp map location.

Alkaseltzer

Journeyman
There was a fun incident involving the Hag Quest and the liches, that happened to me about 15 years ago.

I was heading up the road, looking for the imp, but got attacked by 2 liches. Even as late as AoS, liches were really dangerous to an unfinished melee character (As I was on), even though I was using an undead slayer from the Haven Paladin quest.

I fought a running battle, eventually dropping both of them - and I got hit by the last lich even as it died, going to 0 HP - but I was still alive.

BUT, I was also still moving, took 1 or 2 steps more (planning on healing), and that's when Zeefzorpul the Imp spawn, HIT ME WITH A SWIPE, AND KILLED ME.

I was killed by a Yellow Quest NPC. I was like, "WTF???"

I had to run to the Yew healer, rez, and get back before the other liches found my body and started looting.

Later that day, I discovered on another Hag Quest run, that ended up looking for the Imp in Magincia, that NPCs (and you, if you timed it right), could guard whack the Imp (without breaking the quest), there and at the Britain Farms imp map location.
OMG But it was memorable, so that's what counts. ;)

Yea, I just did that quest, and never saw a Lich BTW. I actually just want to farm Necro regs hehe.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I used to farm those liches you're talking about non-stop by the Hag's place. You head straight up from the Brit Moongate and should see a road heading West or SW into the mountains. Go through the mountains and when it branches head NW or N and past the brigand camps on the west side of the road. Shortly after passing the big for it was on the right.

Man the things you remember even after over a decade. IIRC a couple will spawn there now though. When I came back I'd like to fight them in Lord Blackthorn's dungeon near the gold elementals. There are a lot of them and they respawn fast, but usually you could grab one at a time and LOS them using the gold elemental room walls.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I used to farm those liches you're talking about non-stop by the Hag's place. You head straight up from the Brit Moongate and should see a road heading West or SW into the mountains. Go through the mountains and when it branches head NW or N and past the brigand camps on the west side of the road. Shortly after passing the big for it was on the right.

Man the things you remember even after over a decade. IIRC a couple will spawn there now though. When I came back I'd like to fight them in Lord Blackthorn's dungeon near the gold elementals. There are a lot of them and they respawn fast, but usually you could grab one at a time and LOS them using the gold elemental room walls.
Yeah ... I used to farm there a lot as well. I never kill my sound so I knew when one was around from the cackle it lets out.

Haven't done it in a while but there used to be only one lich in the Cove area and it was always good for Sacrifice work. Dunno if it's still there or not (on LA).

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Yeah ... I used to farm there a lot as well. I never kill my sound so I knew when one was around from the cackle it lets out.

Haven't done it in a while but there used to be only one lich in the Cove area and it was always good for Sacrifice work. Dunno if it's still there or not (on LA).
Yeah, it's still there in the Cove Cemetery. It's a pain in the butt during the halloween events when you're trying to fight the named skeletons or the big guy, and suddenly you start getting necro piled on you....

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Yeah, it's still there in the Cove Cemetery. It's a pain in the butt during the halloween events when you're trying to fight the named skeletons or the big guy, and suddenly you start getting necro piled on you....
Ouch! I don't recall if he's an immediate respawn but if not, someone could take him out as you or others take on the rest of the fun stuff. Or rotate that position so everyone gets to guard and hunt. <shrug> I wouldn't solo him during Halloween ennyhoo.

I just remembered ... Moonglow Cemetery used to spawn a lich as well. But that went the way of the dodo quite a while ago. I remember training there and getting whacked by it.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'm so old, I remember when:
liches cast magery spells and did not cast necromancy spells
spellcasting monsters waited until they were within melee range before doing any casting.

I also remember when no creatures could fly, but hey, that was way long ago.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ouch! I don't recall if he's an immediate respawn but if not, someone could take him out as you or others take on the rest of the fun stuff. Or rotate that position so everyone gets to guard and hunt. <shrug> I wouldn't solo him during Halloween ennyhoo.

I just remembered ... Moonglow Cemetery used to spawn a lich as well. But that went the way of the dodo quite a while ago. I remember training there and getting whacked by it.
I think Moonglow only gets its lich back in Trammel during the Halloween events. It might still have it in Fel year-round. Cove is year round both facets.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A lich spawns in Wind too, in the area just past the entrance.

If you want to farm necro regs, a really great place to do so is at the Tomb of Kings in Ter Mur.

obeeee

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I remember that when I used to play years ago there was quest or at least part of quest to go out and kill a single lich. The lich always spawned around the same area and there was never more than one. It was off the main road between Britain and somewhere else or something. If you took the quest when still had young status, you didn't have to worry about the lich attacking you first.

Does anyone know if that quest still exists and if so where is that lich spawn?

Thanks
It's the Sacrifice Quest so you can self rez. You find a lich and release it with the Sacrifice Virtue.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I used to run through Blood Dungeon and hit the succubus. Not sure if it gave more or not.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And, liches are fragile enough that if you time it right, you can kill them for their fame before they despawn from the sacrifice. I know that they still can run at you and KILL YOU if you aren't wary, after you redeem them....